I. The Peace of the Borderlands
- i. Minions of the Dark
ii. Male Channelers
iii. Fugitives of Shienar
iv. Affiliates of other Nations and Organizations
- i. Of Shadowspawn
ii. Of Shienar or the Shienaran Lancers
iii. Of Other Organizations
v. Items left around Fal Dara
- i. Trophies of Battle
ii. Equipment Gained in Battle
V. Violence against Shienar or the Shienaran Lancers
- i. Physical Violence
ii. Slanderous Comments
- i. Breaking the Peace
ii. Personal Property Violations
iii. Spoils from Battle
iv. Suspicion of being a Friend of the Dark
v. Violence against Shienar or the Lancers
I. The Peace of the Borderlands
- i. Minions of the Dark – This includes Shadowspawn, Dreadlords, and Friends of the Dark, as well as any who assist them. It is the sole purpose of the Shienaran Lancers to hunt down creatures of the Dark and to protect the Blightborder and the southern lands from any such vile creatures. The Shienaran Lancers will hunt any and all minions of the Dark on sight, in Shienar or elsewhere, and the Shienaran Lancers urge all to do the same.
ii. Male Channelers – Male channelers are not welcome in the lands of Shienar, whether they aid in battle against Shadowspawn or not. All men who use Saidin are doomed to go mad eventually, and pose a great threat to all citizens of the Light. So great a threat do they pose, that it is up to the discretion of the highest ranking Lancer as to whether the male channeler is a greater threat than any Shadowspawn in the vicinity and may be attacked before the Shadowspawn.
iii. Fugitives of Shienar – This includes any persons warranted by Shienar and the Shienaran Lancers who do not fall under the previous categories. Fugitives of Shienar will be hunted unless a greater threat is present, but will not be provided temporary amnesty in the presence of a greater threat.
iv. Affiliates of other Nations and Organizations – Shienar welcomes people of all places to come to aid in the fight against the Dark in the Borderlands. However, any visitors to Shienar are expected to recognize that Shienar’s focus must be against the Shadow, and as such other grievances and fighting are not welcome on Shienar’s soil. Those who come to Shienar must stay their weapons and keep their arguments with others in check. This includes members of the armies of the Seanchan Empire.
v. Dragonsworn – Whether or not Bardomir Lazar is the Dragon Reborn or simply a False Dragon is not the concern of Shienar. Members of his organization, or Dragonsworn, will be considered the same as members of any other organization should they choose to come to Shienar’s aid in battle. However, attempts to sway the thoughts of people in Shienar to the ways of Bardomir Lazar or his followers will not be tolerated, as these messages distract from the fight against the Shadow. Male channelers who follow Bardomir Lazar will be treated as nothing but male channelers, and attacked in accordance with the law.
vi. Murderers – Those who wantonly commit murder in other nations, be it due to grievances against specific Nations or Organizations or otherwise, are not welcome in Shienar. This refers to those unaffiliated with a Nation or Organization, or those affiliated with an organization that acts as brigands or thugs. Should murderers seek refuge from those who would hunt them, they will be warranted and forced out of Shienar. The Shienaran Lancers cannot risk the safety of the citizens of Shienar by letting people who would commit murder in other lands stay in Shienar, even if they claim that they will commit no crimes here.
II. Regarding Property.
- i. Of Shadowspawn – Property of Shadowspawn is not to be worn in the lands of Shienar. Any property of Shadowspawn retrieved in battle should be properly disposed of immediately upon return to the safety of Fal Dara. This includes: any trinkets, baubles, or cloaks bearing the insignia of trolloc tribes or the myrddraal; any weapons fashioned by the blacksmiths of Shayol Ghul (gleaming blacksword, gleaming black longsword); necklaces of human teeth; any other similar items, at the discretion of the Lancers on duty.
ii. Of Shienar or the Shienaran Lancers – Adorning oneself with the raiment of the Shienaran Lancers by persons unaffiliated with the Shienaran Lancers will not be tolerated. Failure to remove and turn over any such items (a white hart pendant, a black wool cape embroidered with a swooping hawk) when asked by a Shienaran Lancer will be taken as a breach of Shienaran law.
iii. Of Other Organizations – Disputes arising due to one party adorning themselves with attire of another party’s organization or nation will not be tolerated in Shienar. The peace must be kept, and arguments caused by events like this do nothing but aggravate the peace. The offender will be asked to remove or exchange with merchants the items in question, or they will have to leave the lands of Shienar until they are willing to do so.
iv. Theft – Theft of any degree, small or large, will not be tolerated in the lands of Shienar. If a party believes they have witnessed a theft take place, or have had something stolen from themselves, a complete report should be given to any Lancer on duty, who will then report the occurrence to the Lancer Council. An investigation into the matter will follow, and appropriate action taken.
v. Items left around Fal Dara – The items left around Fal Dara after battle are intended for those who aid in the fighting against the Shadow and are not meant to be picked up by scavengers and used for their own gain. Taking such items without aiding Shienar in battle in some manner will be considered an act of theft against Shienar. This includes any items found at the Malkier Gate, the barrel just north of the Crossing, the building where the postmaster resides, or other key locations around Fal Dara.
III. Regarding Spoils of Victory
- i. Trophies of Battle – The Shienaran Lancers recognize the common practice of removing the heads or parts of heads of slain Shadowspawn to prove one’s actions in battle to superiors in order to gain prestige. The Lancers also recognize that these trophies are highly sought after in battle, and there are sometimes many people vying for these trophies once the battle has ended. The Lancers wish to ensure that these trophies are distributed evenly among those who actively participated in the battles against the Shadow, through combat or support of those participating in combat. Reports of theft of these trophies after battle, or of unequal allotment despite equal work in battle of these trophies should be given to any Lancers on duty, or sent directly to the Lancer Council, to be investigated.
ii. Equipment Gained in Battle – The Shienaran Lancers recognize that there is no universal method of sharing equipment gained in battle against the Shadow, and that it is up to those who have participated to decide on a method of making sure everyone gets their share. It is the concern of the Lancers to make sure everyone is treated fairly when it comes to this, and as such any grievances in this regard should be reported to the Lancer on duty, or mailed directly to the Lancer Council to be investigated.
IV. Suspicious Actions towards Shadowspawn
Any suspicious activity exhibited towards Shadowspawn by any persons in Shienar should immediately be reported to the Lancer on duty, or to the Lancer Council. Any such actions will be investigated by the Lancer Council and dealt with as needed. Should the actions be grievous enough, the offender will be declared a Friend of the Dark and expelled from the lands of Shienar.
V. Violence against Shienar or the Shienaran Lancers
- i. Physical Violence – Physical violence against Shienar or the Shienaran Lancers, while at home or abroad, will not be tolerated. Any such hostile action will be met by force as deemed necessary by the ranking Lancer on duty.
ii. Slanderous Comments – Slanderous comments against Shienar or the Shienaran Lancers will not be tolerated by anyone. Any such verbal assault will be investigated by the Shienaran Lancer Council and dealt with as necessary. Verbal assault against members of Tar Valon, including the White Tower, the Gaidin, or the Valon Guard, will not be tolerated from people residing in Shienar. Any persons making such comments will be asked to stop, and if they do not stop they will be asked to leave Shienar.
VI. Punishment for Failure to Abide by Shienar’s Laws
- i. Breaking the Peace – Depending on the severity of the transgression, those found breaking the peace of Shienar may receive a verbal warning, be asked to leave Shienar for a short period of time, be banished from Shienar for a longer period, or receive a warrant for their crimes. It is at the discretion of the ranking Lancer on duty to deliver the punishment for the crime.
ii. Personal Property Violations – Failure to turn over or exchange items of the Shadow or property of the Shienaran Lancers when asked will be met with a banishment from Shienar or a warrant, depending on the severity. Failure to abide by the wishes of the Lancers in regards to property of other nations, if no violence occurs, will result in the offender being asked to leave Shienar for a short period of time. If violence occurs as a result of failure to remove equipment of other nations or organizations, a banishment will be issued to all parties involved. Theft of property in Shienar will be investigated by the Lancer Council, and will result in a banishment or a warrant as deemed necessary by the Council.
iii. Spoils from Battle – Any reports received by the Lancer Council in regards to spoils from battle will be investigated thoroughly. Action will be taken as deemed necessary, including banishments and warrants if required.
iv. Suspicions of being a Friend of the Dark – Reports to the Lancer Council of suspicious activity towards Shadowspawn will be investigated. If the Lancer Council believes someone’s actions to be against the Light, they will denounce that person as a Friend of the Dark, and warrant them as such. Should this occur, letters will be posted in other nations to inform all that the perpetrator is believed to be a Friend of the Dark, and request that said person be warranted by all.
v. Violence against Shienar or the Lancers – Physical violence against Shienar or the Lancers will be met by force in return, and the aggressor will immediately receive a warrant until the matter is resolved. Slanderous comments against Shienar or the Lancers will be investigated by the Lancer Council, and may result in a banishment or warrant as deemed necessary by the Council.
VII. Regarding Appeals and Removal of Warrants
All appeals regarding punishments delivered by the Lancer on duty or the Lancer Council should be submitted in writing directly to the members of the Lancer Council as soon after the incident as possible, accompanied by a full report of the incident in question. Any requests for removal of banishments or warrants should also be submitted in writing to the members of the Lancer Council, accompanied by a full report of the reason for the banishment or warrant.
Grievances against Shienaran Lancers should be discussed directly with the Shienaran Lancer Council. If the grievance is against one or more members of the Council, then the matter should either be taken to the remaining Council members or directly to Lord Agelmar Jagad.