Did you ever hear the tragedy of Romac the Vile?

... great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.
jerithyl

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Romac the Vile?

Post by jerithyl » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:40 pm

It's not a story the Sedai would tell you.

I was minding my business exploring the north, looking for new and interesting tales and sights. I ran across some trollocs so I tried to juggle to show I was a peaceful man. Things were going well, so I decided to spice things up with a song. Apparantly this was a mistake and trollocs disliked my singing as much as humans do. So a fight broke out and more trollocs and humans showed up causing all sorts of commotion. Now despite being in a fight for my very life I feared for my brave and trusty donkey companion and so I moved off the beaten path and went on foot assured with the knowledge that no living thing could be so horrendous and vile as to attack my faithful donkey. As the trollocs ran inside thier keep and I thought I could get my brave friend out of this area of conflict I ran back to donkey.

Oh the horrors I have witnessed, but none as terrible as this. Romac the vile trolloc was killing my friend. "Take your stinkin' paws off him, you damned dirty trolloc!" I cried out in horror as I tried to intervene but my friend was too far gone and Romac fled after completing his cowardly and degenerate act. I ran after him determined to get justice for faithful donkey, but was conflicted with a sense of justice for my friend, as well as wanting to be with him as he took his last laboured breathes, after all a friend of such beauty and honor should not have to die all alone. "So run you coward. Tell the other donkey murderers the glee is coming. You tell 'em I'm coming! And Hell's coming with me you hear! Hell's coming with me!" I shouted to his back as I went back to ease the passing of my honorable donkey.

I am sure everyone will be pleased to know that after easing my true friend in his passing I was able to find Romac the Vile. As we fought my rage was palpable as I screamed at him "My name is Jerithyl Montoya. You killed my donkey. Prepare to die!". As much as I wish I could say I was able to finish the deed and get justice for that most noble creature, donkey, the sad truth is I failed. More trollocs showed up and the cowardly Romac fled for his life farther north and out of my reach before I could land the final blow to end his miserable life and claim justice for donkey.

But I assure you, justice will be done. I will find this coward. I will show him my dagger and tell him "Say hello to my little friend!" as i plunge it deep in his craven heart!

Jerithyl Montoya, commander of the gleehanna freedom corps, spreader of gleemydia. Friend to a murdered donkey. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.