Treating people with decency

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
granit

Treating people with decency

Postby granit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:47 pm

Now. Without naming names, I just have to express myself as simple as possible:

Please, when you are pking or interacting on the mud, no matter how bad something gets, please refrain from cursing and blatantly demeaning someone on globals or tells or going out of your way in general to really try and drag someone down by using derogatory language. I find myself cursing and getting riled more often than not trying to defend myself than anything, but lately it's gotten pretty ridiculous.

I understand that darkside is a lot less hand held than our ls globals and it's not family mud, but at the same point of time please consider the people you are insulting on the other side of the world and for a second ask yourself if they really need to be called all the expletives.

I am very very very very tired of having to deal with loud mouth, inconsiderate, and blatantly obnoxious people who think it's just "ok" to curse people out and demean them over a text game. Grow up, or seek professional help. It's getting ridiculous and you have a problem.

That being said, please do not condone these actions of others, speak out against it, let them know that it's not acceptable to curse at players because some idiot feels like it or feels like they're "better" than someone.. on a text game.. remember this is a game without pictures.. and I'd like to see the staff take a bigger role in striking people for this and at a point, that person should not be allowed to narrate or participate in globals anymore. It's a game, at the end of the day it's just a game. I know they're just words too, but imagine someone having one of the worst days of their life, and coming home, logging onto the game (something that's supposed to be fun and challenging) only to be belittled and verbally tormented because some self-proclaimed "elite" player is in a bad mood and throws a tantrum. It's unnecessary and I can't stress this enough, it's not ok. Do not do this anymore. You know who you are.

Just take it down a notch and think about the situation. I'm sorry if you die or don't get to kill someone in the little text game we play, it's not worth letting out a volley of expletives about a person you don't know from adam so - don't do it.

Main take aways from this!

1. Immortal staff should police people when they decide to go off their rocker and curse out people on globals
2. It would be cool if you considered someone other than yourself for 5 seconds.
3. It would be even cooler if we remembered this is a game, and it's supposed to be fun, and you can do 100 other things besides cursing at people.

Thanks and have a great day!

G.

daal

Re: Treating people with decency

Postby daal » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:56 pm

I agree.

Xylan

Postby Xylan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:51 pm

This game won't be around forever. Enjoy it while you can and on your best behavior.

Spyder

Postby Spyder » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Why not call the person you have issue with out, on the alt you have had the problem with them on?

My guess is there is another side to the story.

If a player is giving you that much grief then speak to the staff about it.

Jaster

Postby Jaster » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Do we need safe places on the game? Just type ignore "person". Done. No need to post and rant and ask people to play how you want. No need to ask people to be nice to you but you call them an idiot in the same breathe in the post. Just ignore them and move on. It's a game. And who said no pictures? I make pictures all the time

Eol

Postby Eol » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:38 pm

Can humans ignore fades cussing them out from the dark?

Nettle

Postby Nettle » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:23 am

I think there's a script for that Eol.

Hope

Postby Hope » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:51 am

Eol wrote:Can humans ignore fades cussing them out from the dark?

Type "ignore rig"

Firimei Lang

Postby Firimei Lang » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:55 am

Jaster wrote:Do we need safe places on the game? Just type ignore "person". Done. No need to post and rant and ask people to play how you want. No need to ask people to be nice to you but you call them an idiot in the same breathe in the post. Just ignore them and move on. It's a game. And who said no pictures? I make pictures all the time

I am agreeing with Jaster and also Spyder on this one. We've all been there, well most of us. It is frustrating and lousy, wasting energy playing a game and to feel like 'why bother'. Type ignore, report to an Imm you respect and know will do something, about it. Talk to a friend and get a perspective different than your own?

If this is a general lets all be smiley and nice post, then well. They've been done so many times and ended up getting lost in the PDW or balance issue posts.

We can't all get along, don't try and please everyone and be happy. Knowing that you don't scoop to their level? A few people I don't like , well the way they portray themselves, not worth worrying.

Treach

Postby Treach » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:17 am

Every online game these days will ban users for typing harrassment or insults etc. Why should you get away with it in wotmud? It should be even more important imo since text is what the game literally is and with the small playerbase communication is a key component of the game.

Return to “Player's Lounge”