One Year of Trump

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Firimei Lang

Re: One Year of Trump

Postby Firimei Lang » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

Vaen wrote:
Sherlok Homie wrote:
Vaen wrote:So...how are those 401Ks doing today? Are you dumbfucks back to claiming the economy isn't the stock market or whatever yet, or do you wait a little longer?

Okay, so is it now offically trumps economy since it went down for a few days? They were saying 'thanks obama' anytime good news came out since the elction. So, if it goes back up now and this is just a bump, does it go back to being because of obama? You liberals and your mental gymnastics :roll:

I don't know what's worse -- your reading comprehension or your self-awareness. I also don't know how your fingers type the words 'mental gymnastics' without fucking cramping up on themselves.

I find myself more and more in agreement with Vaen. The whole reason I had to hold back on posting here, was due to my likelihood of describing my disbelief in a lot of you endorsing Trump and his Party. I know there may be some self aware Republicans who can see how the so called President is ruining their Party. There are supporters of the Party who disown/disendow Trump- John Lithgow for one.

Mind you the Country I live in is being utterly dumb almost, the Tories are making a mess of everything.

Arkan

Postby Arkan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Trump's new infrastructure plan was announced. Here it is: The states should fund and build infrastructure.

Sherlok Homie

Postby Sherlok Homie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:57 am

Vaen wrote:
Sherlok Homie wrote:
Vaen wrote:So...how are those 401Ks doing today? Are you dumbfucks back to claiming the economy isn't the stock market or whatever yet, or do you wait a little longer?

Okay, so is it now offically trumps economy since it went down for a few days? They were saying 'thanks obama' anytime good news came out since the elction. So, if it goes back up now and this is just a bump, does it go back to being because of obama? You liberals and your mental gymnastics :roll:

I don't know what's worse -- your reading comprehension or your self-awareness. I also don't know how your fingers type the words 'mental gymnastics' without fucking cramping up on themselves.

I had a feeling you would resort to ad hominen tactics. When your position has no logical recourse, you have to lash out like a child!

Firimei Lang

Postby Firimei Lang » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:55 am

Okay, so is it now offically trumps economy since it went down for a few days? They were saying 'thanks obama' anytime good news came out since the elction. So, if it goes back up now and this is just a bump, does it go back to being because of obama? You liberals and your mental gymnastics :roll:[/quote]

I don't know what's worse -- your reading comprehension or your self-awareness. I also don't know how your fingers type the words 'mental gymnastics' without fucking cramping up on themselves.[/quote]

I had a feeling you would resort to ad hominen tactics. When your position has no logical recourse, you have to lash out like a child![/quote]

Vaen is just most likely in a state of WTF over how anyone can endorse Trump and yes by saying, they both have their good and bad points..[that is endorsing.]

Arkan

Postby Arkan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 am

Vaen wrote:Are you dumbfucks back to claiming the economy isn't the stock market or whatever yet

I shortened Vaen's quote for the dumbfucks. The stock market did well under Obama, and Republicans were all "oooh, noooo, the stock market isn't the economy, the economy is actually doing very poorly. Everyone is hurting. whine whine." And the moment Trump became president, the dumbfucks pulled a switcharoo. Literally right then. As if the economy significantly changed in a day, week, month, whatever tiny time frame they chose, and they pointed to the stock market.

Firimei Lang

Postby Firimei Lang » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:49 pm

Arkan wrote:
Vaen wrote:Are you dumbfucks back to claiming the economy isn't the stock market or whatever yet

I shortened Vaen's quote for the dumbfucks. The stock market did well under Obama, and Republicans were all "oooh, noooo, the stock market isn't the economy, the economy is actually doing very poorly. Everyone is hurting. whine whine." And the moment Trump became president, the dumbfucks pulled a switcharoo. Literally right then. As if the economy significantly changed in a day, week, month, whatever tiny time frame they chose, and they pointed to the stock market.

Haha Thank you Arkan :)

nalav

Postby nalav » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Don't stop now! This thread is a great source of entertainment, and I've been without it for days :(

arkaza

Postby arkaza » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Who better to be in the position of Grand Patsy when the economy falls to shit than the GREATEST BANKRUPTCY PLAYA of all times.

I never said I liked Trump, btw :)

Benito

Postby Benito » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:20 pm

The main thing I've been thinking about regarding guns is the following from a Seattle writer:

We cannot continue to see these deaths in the context of a pragmatic, civil debate about gun laws. That will tell us only a little, if anything at all. If you go on Twitter, you will find an endless stream of tweets with links to graphs and research that make it abundantly clear that mass shootings are very preventable. There is no mystery to their cause and persistence. But what if our society is not looking for a solution? What if it's the other way around: It fears the prevention of massacres? These are the kinds of things we now need to seriously consider.

He's right. The nihilism from the right that nothing can be done, and that it's better to do nothing than try any new form of gun control, is unreal. It's also bizarre to see American exceptionalism work as a way to defend it's pathologies: what works in other countries could never work here!

The best idea the right has is arming teachers, which is an indication of how uninterested it is in a solution to gun violence--not just school shootings but gun violence as a whole. It fantasizes constantly about self-defense and hero situations. But if you own a gun, it's most likely that gun will end up killing either you, your spouse, or your child.

I'm not the only teacher that would rather quit than carry a gun, and that's no accident. Even in a liberal-ish state like Washington, the trend for decades has been to gut public education.

daal

Postby daal » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Benito wrote:But if you own a gun, it's most likely that gun will end up killing either you, your spouse, or your child.

While I don't disagree with you, this statement isn't factually accurate. While it is true that 100% of all gun related violence involves at least one gun, and you substantially increase your odds of being involved in some form of gun related violence by owning or carrying a gun, the vast majority of guns and gun owners in the country are never and will never be involved in gun related voilence.
Last edited by daal on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Player's Lounge”