Three Years of Trump

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Bivia

Re: Three Years of Trump

Post by Bivia » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:11 am

Benito wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:26 pm
Serious question: why are you so disturbed by other people trying to have a conversation?
He just wants to talk to you about llamas!

Kali

Post by Kali » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:07 am

There should be more llamas. I mean, if I had a llama I'd want to spend more time with it. We should all be able to come together over how awesome llamas are.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:30 pm

I was extremely disappointed in the lack of llamas present for the State of the Union.

https://discordapp.com/assets/fa08c3c8a ... 5be77a.svg

aronz

Post by aronz » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:11 pm

LOL, every time I see someone has replied I here, I think its a real one.

Personally, I enjoied the speech, and was quite proud he managed to not bring up the impeachment, that was probably super hard for him, lol.

Benito

Post by Benito » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:57 pm

Yeah, he kept himself very in check during the whole speech. I don't know if that demonstrates fear or confidence.

Not very surprising the senate acquitted him. What has surprised me is how many Republican senators have said that what he did was wrong, while voting to acquit him.

iria

Post by iria » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Probably afraid to lose popularity within their own voter base if they voted to impeach him, while still trying to play it "safe" with the option open to go back and say "Well I did say what he did was wrong" if they need to in the future.

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:14 pm

Should have allowed an anonymous vote, he might actually have gotten removed from office then haha.

Maghus

Post by Maghus » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:45 am

Imagine still thinking that everything in politics isn't scripted well in advance. It is all a show. They literally have a reality tv actor playing president just to laugh at you. As if the power of the worlds strongest military would just be handed over to someone voted on by all the plebs like some beauty pageant. The most brutal and corrupt gain the power eventually, they don't just say 'oh, well the people voted, I guess we just hand over our hundreds of years of power consolidation to some stranger.' The next chapter in this drama will probably be RBG's death and then the evil republicans forcing through a new justice and the dems crying how unfair. Yawn. So predictable. Wake me when they stage an alien invasion to unite the world in the face of a common foe.

Atienne

Post by Atienne » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:01 am

Maghus wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:45 am
Imagine still thinking that everything in politics isn't scripted well in advance. It is all a show. They literally have a reality tv actor playing president just to laugh at you. As if the power of the worlds strongest military would just be handed over to someone voted on by all the plebs like some beauty pageant. The most brutal and corrupt gain the power eventually, they don't just say 'oh, well the people voted, I guess we just hand over our hundreds of years of power consolidation to some stranger.' The next chapter in this drama will probably be RBG's death and then the evil republicans forcing through a new justice and the dems crying how unfair. Yawn. So predictable. Wake me when they stage an alien invasion to unite the world in the face of a common foe.
This is the swamp. The bureaucrats who make their career in government for their entire life.

What is also funny is all this talk of “what he did was wrong” and bitching about the acquittal. Wrong does not mean he committed a crime. When the vote is strictly along party lines with the exception of Mittens, it’s pretty obvious this was just a desperate attempt by the Democrats to sabotage the President’s chance at reelection.

Predictably, the Democrats blew their load too early, and gave him even more fuel that will probably propel the President to a victory the likes of which has not been since since Reagan back in ‘84.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:07 am

When the vote is strictly along party lines with the exception of Mittens, it’s pretty obvious this was just a desperate attempt by the Democrats to sabotage the President’s chance at reelection.
Might also say it was the GOP deciding to close party ranks. I noticed tons of senators were saying yeah he did something wrong but voting to acquit anyway.

The GOP also basically down party lines voted to not see any witnesses or evidence. *shrug* Nice trial.
Wrong does not mean he committed a crime.
Impeachment doesn't require a crime. Does seem fairly obvious he was soliciting a bribe, though. But, who knows because the Democrats decided to botch impeachment and only bring a couple articles while the GOP decided to ignore everything and vote to end it ASAP.

The swamp is politicians who don't represent their constituents but rather represent lobbyists and corporate interests. The swamp is Trump directly appointing people profiting from industries that they are supposed to be regulating. Trump is crying about Hunter Biden meanwhile his kids are doing the exact same thing he is accusing the Bidens of. It's ridiculous. 95% of DC needs to be locked up.

Mostly I just hate the obvious lies. How is he going to say he's protecting pre-existing conditions in the State of the Union while his attorneys are in court trying to nix that very thing?
“And, if Republicans win in court and take back the House of Representatives, your healthcare, that I have now brought to the best place in many years, will become the best ever, by far. I will always protect your Pre-Existing Conditions, the Dems will not!”
Meanwhile, the *actual* GOP proposal that they want to run with after their attorneys kill pre-existing conditions in court is they want to give waivers to states that would allow insurers to charge higher premiums for people with pre-existing conditions. Thanks a lot.
“‘We demand fairness’ shouts Pelosi and the Do Nothing Democrats, yet the Dems in the House wouldn’t let us have 1 witness, no lawyers or even ask questions.”
But you were invited to the Judiciary committee. You declined to participate. So... ???

Hey if the economy is doing so great, why has the Fed been doing QE and expanding its balance sheets by $400 billion in the last 3-4 months? Oh, are we using those same numbers that you (rightly) said were goosed and fake when Obama was the president? :)

e: https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democ ... Report.pdf
This staff report examines the estimated impact of the Trump Administration’s decision to abandon this set of protections on individuals in the State of Pennsylvania. As many as 624,000 people in the individual market in the state may lose federal protections against coverage denials or premium increases as a result of their pre-existing health conditions, gender, or age.

In the state, as many as 399,000 people who purchase insurance through the individual market have pre-existing health conditions and may lose federal protections against coverage denials or premium increases as a result of the Administration’s actions. Of these individuals,
196,000 have pre-existing health conditions severe enough that insurers may deny them coverage altogether.
love to just blatantly lie
Last edited by Reyne on Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.