Wotmud Concept Art

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
asharek

Wotmud Concept Art

Postby asharek » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:36 pm

So I had a concept art project for school and I thought it'd be fun to base it on the mud. I had to create it in a way as if I was proposing it to be made into a non-mud game. Here are a couple of samples from my project on what I thought wotmud would be like. Reading the descriptions in game and figuring out what would be feasible was an interesting experience.

Ruined Keep

Sickly Skinny Deer

Large Abomination

Livae

Re: Wotmud Concept Art

Postby Livae » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:45 pm

Amazing :)

Mangler

Postby Mangler » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:48 pm

Awesome stuff. I particularly like The Ruined Keep. Big thumbs up!

Melat

Postby Melat » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:59 pm

I want more! This is great!

I would LOVE to see also some images made for some of the gear and armor too.

Eol

Postby Eol » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:50 pm

Disgusting / awesome :)

asharek

Postby asharek » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:49 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I am going to flush it all out as I approach my final portfolio. So I'll be making the npcs and the other relevant places in Wotmud.. some feedback would be nice as to see what people would think is important when trying to present the game to someone else ie. relevant places, characters, mobs, weapons, etc...

Here' ya go Melat, some gear and armor.. explorations I did before deciding on the abs.. some can probably work as combo too.. I tried to first stay faithful to the book's description, then gave up and explored what can be used in-game. For those wondering, the Accepted dress sleeve is rolled up with a tasuki.. pretty much to stop it from getting in the way if she was to do tasks. Her armor was designed thinking of a Tower Accepted in PK using a fencing blade (which my character uses)-- red dot was the direction I was told to go. Her sword is pretty much what I would think a TV guard would use.. I was also told as an exercise and for good practice to paint what other people tell me to.. so with that in mind if some of you don't mind and want to send me complete descriptions of their characters, I will pick some (depending how much homework I get) at random and paint it for you! Doesn't matter which side! My teacher is also doing the same thing except its on D&D characters, so if you want a random chance at getting your character painted by an actual concept artist his tumblr is http://rndfantasy.tumblr.com/ So yeah, hoping to hear from some of you!

Tar Valon

Equitant

Postby Equitant » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:02 am

Awesome!

Mantorok

Postby Mantorok » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:47 am

I like it. At first glance the trollocs had me off a bit, but when I paid more attention I actually really, really liked your take on their animal features. I will say that the Tower isn't quite phallic enough.

Rig

Postby Rig » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:03 am

Amazing! The next creature you should draw is called a Rig! Mightiest of sneaky trolloc rogues! Seriously though, amazing artwork! Do moar!

Mangler

Postby Mangler » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:32 am

The Tower does indeed need to be taller!

Return to “Player's Lounge”