Review of clan prac bonuses and rank 8 bonuses.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Review of clan prac bonuses and rank 8 bonuses.

Postby Elysia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Good day everyone,

The clan prac bonus and the new rank 8 bonuses have been in for 3 months. Time for a review, methinks! Once the review is done and any pertinent points you players brought up have been discussed upstairs, I feel it's time to let clans decide on their own clan prac bonus.

For those of us who are newly returned, this review pertains to this http://www.wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2955.

Some questions to get you started:
Do you feel the clan prac bonus is too much, or too little?
Do you think it's fair if say, a rogue only clan would opt for 50% shield parry (or a clan full of warriors going for 50% attack), giving them a greater benefit due to uniform class compared to mixed-class clans?
There will likely be a limit as to how often a clan can change these, what do you feel is a fair amount of time?

Please keep in mind that the rank 8 stuff, especially the horse scouting mobol, is pretty much the best we can do without coding. We had requested a coding change in Summer 2015, but that has yet to be made/implemented. As such, coding is pretty much not an option. In this light:

Do you feel that the rank 8 bonuses are underpowered, or overpowered?
Should they be extended to DS to give trollocs an option beyond remorting?
Supposing we ever do get around to upping qp rewards, would you pursue this?

Of course, feel free to add anything else you may think of, we really do appreciate your feedback!

~WoTmud Staff

Maeglin

Re: Review of clan prac bonuses and rank 8 bonuses.

Postby Maeglin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Rank 8 Bonuses:

I'm fine with these, although I still feel the point system options for weapons are not balanced. The ob/pb ones might actually get picked if you made them +1.5/2 per point. DS should absolutely have the option to go for r8 to give them incentives to stay as Trollocs. The reason it didn't work for DS last time is because trollocs would just use master weapons until they faded. I never understood why it wasn't just r8 for everyone to begin with.

My biggest problem with r8 bonuses is actually just a problem with borderland's FC max stats, which are absurd. That's another issue in and of itself though.

As for people going for r8, there seem to be a lot of people aiming for it. I wish I could transfer my qps over to LS to be able to actively use mine as well.

Clan Pracs:

I'm personally fine with letting clans select their own prac bonus to maximize their pracs. Maeglin gets 2-3 pracs from notice, but my warriors get anywhere from 6-9 pracs, which is nice. Hunters are already so overbonused with pracs, that tossing a bone to rogues/warriors (and all trollocs) works for me.

QP rewards:

Please, please, please consider leaving 3/5/7 in game. It actually feels meaningful now. I've lost track of how many times I've led pk for 2-3 hours, killed 5-6, and walked away with only 1 head. PK is just very sparse compared to several years ago, and the skill level/ability to run away is much higher than it used to be as well.

Rig

Postby Rig » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:12 pm

^

Loomis

Postby Loomis » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Speaking purely out of selfishness, I would love rank 8 bonus, as I have no intention of ever fading. It doesn't suit my playstyle(never leading/vulturing/afking :p ), and even though I will still get rank 8 regardless of bonus or not, it would be nice to have.

Of course it would be nice to have the shield parry as a bonus, or attack for warriors, but I am fine with whatever is decided. I totally understand if people think its not rp, or too op, to give clans the 3 practice point ones.

So yeah...yay from me for DS rank 8 bonus, and i don't really care either way for other thing.

Aslo, thanks for doing this, it nice to see the old fellas/gals get some more endgame stuff to shoot for.

Love always,
Loomis

Thaden

Postby Thaden » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:29 pm

Maeglin wrote:Rank 8 Bonuses:

QP rewards:

Please, please, please consider leaving 3/5/7 in game. It actually feels meaningful now. I've lost track of how many times I've led pk for 2-3 hours, killed 5-6, and walked away with only 1 head. PK is just very sparse compared to several years ago, and the skill level/ability to run away is much higher than it used to be as well.

This right here, I also ask to please consider this. With more people trying to go for rank 8, may be less scalps for those are are going for rank 7.

Benito

Postby Benito » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Elysia wrote:Do you feel the clan prac bonus is too much, or too little?

I think it's fine as it is but, if I was going to adjust them one way or another, I'd adjust them slightly higher. It won't make much of a difference for the class with the best pracs (human hunters), since they can already get more or less whatever they want, but it might help the other classes.

Do you think it's fair if say, a rogue only clan would opt for 50% shield parry (or a clan full of warriors going for 50% attack), giving them a greater benefit due to uniform class compared to mixed-class clans?

It seems like this is mostly a question about Ko'bal, since that's where we'd see the most effect. In the end, I think it's best for clans that have a prac bonus to be able to pick whatever they want. In other words, either expand the clans that don't have access to the pracs (there's a fair case to be made that Borderguard don't need the boost with their other bonuses), or let them choose without restriction. Restrictions seem like they would be semi-arbitrary and annoying to monitor, from an administrative point of view.

There will likely be a limit as to how often a clan can change these, what do you feel is a fair amount of time?

6 months seems like an okay timeline for change that wouldn't burden the staff, but I say that with zero knowledge about what changing it would involve.

Should they be extended to DS to give trollocs an option beyond remorting?

Definitely. However, I've felt for a long time that this should come with a change to fade bonuses in particular so that there's a real choice to be made: remorting for bonuses that mostly come from leading other players; rank 8 for bonuses that are more geared towards individual or solo PK, or clan-oriented. No one should fade who doesn't want to lead, but there should be better options for players like Loomis and Puny, who have invested a lot of time in their characters and clan and don't have an interest in fading.

Petra

Postby Petra » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:22 pm

I think both are a great change, but perhaps need a bit of modifying.

Rank 8 changes:

100% think that giving to darkside would be great. I have a Master trolloc already that I'd never really intended to fade, but giving rank 8 bonuses as an aspirational goal to trollocs will surely reduce the bloat of remorts. This not only helps balance a little, but help combat to an extent the issue of trolloc clans suddenly losing their only active master.

In terms of experiencing them on LS - they seem to be very heavily based around Imm/Player times overlapping. I've not had a chance to truly experience playing them. I do think a stats cap based around homelands is probably vital. So for example, under the rules as they seem to stand a Borderlands FC could technically have super stats, then soup them up even more with added dex.

I really need to actually look at the rank 8 mansion.

Clan prac bonus

I feel clans should be allowed to change their prac bonuses, but say only once or twice per RL year to stop people chopping and changing all the time?

krul

Postby krul » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:06 pm

On the one hand, Ko'bal with shield parry is just broken. Boo. BOO to rogues. On the other hand, Ghar'ghael with better attack is good times for all.

Bonuses should be extended to trollocs. If I had a trolloc master that I actually cared about, I would totally pursue r8 with upped scalp rewards.

Rig

Postby Rig » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Considering that it's nigh impossible to remort because none of you assholes like to smob! I would actually like to probably stay a trolloc if we got the r8 bonuses. Rig is a terrible leader.

Loomis

Postby Loomis » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:06 pm

Rig wrote:Considering that it's nigh impossible to remort because none of you assholes like to smob! I would actually like to probably stay a trolloc if we got the r8 bonuses. Rig is a terrible leader.

Great, now we'll never get him outta Ko'bal :lol:

Return to “Player's Lounge”