One Year of Trump

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Maghus

Re: One Year of Trump

Postby Maghus » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:37 am

It is a 4chan prophecy from 2 years ago. I am trying to decipher it. I think '3 branches will become one' is republicans taking the three branches of the government. And ' an island will drift away' is brexit. "the star will gorge itself on clay" might have something to do with israel taking land. "The ravens will starve" may have something to do with the ravens at the tower of london. They say they protect the crown and if they die, so will britain. Any ideas on the rest?

Torag

Postby Torag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Maghus wrote:It is a 4chan prophecy

Reyne

Postby Reyne » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:14 pm

The rod and the ring will strike.

Some CoL gonna get spanked.

Maghus

Postby Maghus » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:10 am

Torag wrote:

Your point? Snowden leaked first on 4chan. Then they made a hollywood movie about him.

Enok

Postby Enok » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:27 am

Maghus wrote:
Torag wrote:

Your point? Snowden leaked first on 4chan. Then they made a hollywood movie about him.

Snowden backwards makes Nedwons -> Ned Won -> Ned Stark Won, final season of GoT will see Ned Stark's ghost appear and win the final battle. Fucking 4-chan with their spoilers.

I'm off to binge all seasons of the Bachelorette.

Maghus

Postby Maghus » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:11 am

[/quote]Snowden backwards makes Nedwons -> Ned Won -> Ned Stark Won, final season of GoT will see Ned Stark's ghost appear and win the final battle. Fucking 4-chan with their spoilers.

I'm off to binge all seasons of the Bachelorette./quote]

This guy. This guy sexes.

Vaen

Postby Vaen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Jestin wrote:Bored on a Saturday so I'll take a stab in the hope that the request for info is genuine.

Spoiler: given who was asking, it wasn't a genuine request and it's pretty obviously a bullshit premise to begin with. We're not "going to war with Russia" and, like the attacks you mentioned last year, we likely didn't do anything much more effective than bombing airfields that were operational 24 hours later because Syrian forces had 48 hours to move themselves and whatever they wanted to Russian bases.

Whichever theory you subscribe to, it seems somewhat irrelevant who is in office. Obama did basically the same thing after Syria repeatedly crossed his "red line".

I don't believe that's entirely accurate. The "red line" statement was in 2012. After the Ghouta chemical attacks in 2013, Obama went to Congress and requested authorization for military intervention, which was not granted, so they instead negotiated with the Russians and Assad to remove 1,300 tons of chemical agents from Syria. The Obama airstrikes in Syria were a full year later (after Foley, Sotloff, and Haines were murdered), targeted ISIS, and didn't have so much to do with the Assad regime and the chemical weapons red line. It also came after Congress approved Obama's plan to arm/train Syrian rebels in addition to the airstrikes in coordination with the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, and Jordan in addition to the EU coalition forces.

The criticism of Obama here, with regards to the red line, is that he knew the Republican Congress was going to not support military action (I don't think your 'irrelevant who is in office' thing really applies to them ;))and decided to follow due process on Congressional authorization for that reason.

I was pretty critical at the time, but I think his reticence is sort of vindicated based on how Syria has developed in the past year and a half. As you sort of alluded to, it's become pretty clear since the air strikes last year that any attack on the proxy regime of Assad itself is a token waste of resources until the issue of Russia is addressed.

Torag

Postby Torag » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:39 pm

Maghus wrote:
Torag wrote:

That's great? Just take the "information" on 4chan with a grain of salt perhaps??? It's not like its prophecy.

Treach

Postby Treach » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:43 am

Hilarious to see Sean hannity involved in the Cohen raid lol.

Firimei Lang

Postby Firimei Lang » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:43 am

Treach wrote:Hilarious to see Sean hannity involved in the Cohen raid lol.

That made me giggle a bit. Fox News are utter....
Anyway I wonder who else Cohen has hidden up his sleeves.

Return to “Player's Lounge”