Two Years of Trump

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Benito

Two Years of Trump

Postby Benito » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:32 pm

It's been a year now since the election, and I'm curious what everyone thinks of how it's been. Better than expected? Worse? Wrong question??
Last edited by Benito on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Firimei Lang

Re: One Year of Trump

Postby Firimei Lang » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:57 pm

HAHAHA

Think you will know what I will say..

INSANITY!!

Landon

Postby Landon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:05 pm

How could this thread possibly end poorly?

Firimei Lang

Postby Firimei Lang » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Landon wrote:How could this thread possibly end poorly?

BOOM

Petra

Postby Petra » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:20 pm

This one should be fun.

From a global view on his first year, it seems that Trump is pushing short term policy to please his domestic base, at significant loss of long term international political collateral. I find it amazing to see how he's so quickly ceding global influence to China, not to mention the seemingly insane shift towards legacy industry and away from tackling man-made climate change at the cost of leveraging the long term opportunities of emerging innovations (and you know, future of the planet).

On an individual level, he seems like a sociopathic maniac. Suspect that's no revelation after the campaign.

Arkan

Postby Arkan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Honestly, the fact that Trump is so inept is rather heartening. He can get a lot done, but generally stuff that is easy to undue or block by good states. He has no ability to lead and burns every bridge he crosses. I understand that the ill-informed of his party seem to appreciate him, but ignorance is no virtue.

I may never have thought US dominance in the world was fair, but I damn sure ain't happy we're giving it up China and so willingly.

Domestically, his administration is incredibly corrupt and created specifically to undermine the government. Trump voters like to think that Hillary was owned by Wall Street, but it's Trump who is trying to end the regulations that prevent depressions. You don't appoint people who hate the DOE to run the DOE, or who hate the EPA to run the EPA. It's all about the $$ and Trump's ego.

Trump's issues with the Office of Government Ethics:
https://www.npr.org/2017/07/06/53578174 ... be-tougher

Trump lies:
http://www.politifact.com/personalities ... ing/false/

Trump conflicts of interest:
https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... ts/508382/

erulak

Postby erulak » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Well, we elected a bag of shit, so...

It's been an interesting stress-test for our system, that's for sure. He's been about exactly what I expected though: a stupid, small-minded man completely out of his depth. Though what he's doing to the Republican Party itself, I couldn't have predicted. Never expected him to be the Republican Party's Zachary Taylor.

Firimei Lang

Postby Firimei Lang » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:26 pm

If I was American, I would be a Democratic.

Although I agree with the Bushes on their own view of Drumph.

It's like a surreal vivid dream, that is there when you awake. His supporters are as dumb as...No he isn't a straight talker, just because you understood what he said.

byrg

Postby byrg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi.

alima

Postby alima » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:42 pm

I haven't really felt much impact in my personal life, although I've heard rumblings that he's doing good work towards helping the aluminum industry which would be great for my community.

Mostly I just feel a sense of embarrassment at how the US looks on the world stage. Hearing these reports of him being unwelcome to visit allies and the stupid shit he does when he does visit. It's a really sad chapter in American history, made even more poignant by the fact that it comes right on the heels of such a classy and dignified President.

Return to “Player's Lounge”