One Year of Trump

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Jaster

Re: One Year of Trump

Postby Jaster » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:12 am

Firimei Lang wrote:
Treach wrote:
Mronz wrote:.Actually like Trump, voted for him, and will again.

You mention immigration and Twitter. But what about all the other stuff?

Whats your thoughts on his position with the media and how any negative press is fake news?

I personally wouldn't take it as 100%, but I would agree with him the media is biased and exposes certain positions to sell a story. Not all negative press is fake news, but he is correct that news gets flung now without due diligence. We have had many stories embellished, many stories retracted, and the admission to push certain media coverage for ratings. The news should just be the news, not an agenda or positon to sell certain news. Both parties do it. You look at CNN.com vs. Foxnews.com day by day and it is like whatever story the other runs, the opposite is on the other side.

What about his position on climate change?

What's wrong with having a different position on climate changes? Nothing has had any conclusion of "significant" impact on climate. Most studies predict 1% differences. Perhaps all the sattelites, bomb testings, drilling, overpopulating has more an affect than anything.

What about his health care?

Have you seen the disaster we have now? Again, nothing wrong with having a different stance or opinion on Healthcare. We can't currently manage a deficit let alone trying to say everyone gets healthcare. They bottom line is someone has to pay for it. Currently, the people paying for it are the ones working hard to provide for their families. The system needs a revamp. Whether it is Trump or the next president. Someone needs to get this back in order as the health providers are making bazillions on the current system while people suffer.

What about net neutrality?

All this huff over Title II. The internet will be ruined? Newsflash, Title II was approved in 2015. I am pretty sure by our internet pattern from 00', the internet was growing and doing just fine and bursting up into 2015. What is so upsetting about the removal of Title II? There are other rules in place to prevent the monopolization of the internet. If providers is raising rivals costs, entering exclusive arrangements, or what not, other articles state that it would be against the law to do so. But, we only had Title II for 2 years, impossible for us to survive without it.

What about the tax cuts?

What is wrong with tax cuts? Why do we always need to pay more? It may seem like the richer get rich, but in percentage bases, the percents remain similar. There is no way to put a finite # on what to cut. So in the spirit of keeping it consistent, they use percents.

What about how every international trip he has visited a trump property?

I'm happy he is consolidating his trips then. Nothing wrong with checking up on property you own.

What about his history of laundering russian money?

Can you direct me to the source and citing of this? I don't know of any proof he "laundered" Russian money. I mean.... Russians may purchase something from him or rent his property. But, if he did not do the transaction because they were Russian, you would then blast him for discrimination or racism?

What about the attacks against the FBI and firing comey and the reports that they want to fire meuller who is investigating it?

As things come out currently, he has every right to blast the FBI. They are doing some SHADY shit. If this was reversed and the republicans were texting everyone saying, no worries, we have insurance incase she wins. You would lose your mind. The whole system is proving to be rigged and plotted to undermine the next seated president if it wasn't Hilary. We shall see as more information comes forward. They should all be fired, investigated with a grand jury, and let the real truth come out instead of this 1 sided malarkey.

What about averaging a golf trip every 1 in 4 days and reportedly watching 4 hrs of TV everyday?

Not sure on this one. Perhaps he could do once a week instead. As for the TV, its reported he doesn't sleep much, but what does this have to do with anything? Is it the law he must constantly be moving, interviewing, writing rules and regulation? What is the current law for a seated president on how much time he is allowed to watch TV? I missed it.

What about all the terrible people he has employed such as Betsy devos?

Why is she a terrible person? What has she done terrible or to be a terrible person to society?

All of this. I had to resist posting , before as words didn't describe my reaction then. Thank you Treach, for putting it together in a far better manner than I.
Last edited by Jaster on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enok

Postby Enok » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:52 am

Jesus fucking christ, Jaster.

Jaster

Postby Jaster » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:59 am

Enok wrote:Jesus fucking christ, Jaster.

This is offensive to my religion! But let's lose our minds over Jerusalem and Trump instead.

Enok

Postby Enok » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:02 am

Of all the crazy shit in there, the FBI investigation? There are already confessions on the table for crying out loud.

Seems we have more than one russian troll on this game! ;)

Jaster

Postby Jaster » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:11 am

A confession about perjury. There are many people from the Obama administration who lied to the FBI and have not gotten anything. Open your eyes.

Enok

Postby Enok » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:21 am

Yes, many many many. On both sides no less! Shadow president Clinton and Pizzagate!

Firimei Lang

Postby Firimei Lang » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:13 am

Enok wrote:Jesus fucking christ, Jaster.

Yep..Big sigh

Rig

Postby Rig » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:22 am

If Hillary won the election, we'd have a huge thread called "One Year of the Clintons" and the Trump supporters would still be called sexist/bigots/retarded/ect. We would also have a huge list of all the shady shit they've done. I stand by my opinion that they're both fucking terrible still, and America was and still is headed down into a long and shitty road either way.

I agree with Jaster. #Kanye2020

Mronz

Postby Mronz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:15 am

Maegon wrote:Trump tells it like it is, except when he's lying over half of the time. Being non-PC doesn't make a man great. The rest of this list just makes me sad and reminds me of how sheltered and closed our childhood was.

1. I remember trying to pass a bill in government class that allowed free immigration across a tiny section of the Texas border. We would raise funds by selling hunting licenses to kill mexicans that tried. *We were teenagers, in a white town in Texas... shouldn't be surprising. The outlandishness of this project does not have any impact on the fact I still disagree completely with the fact we have illegals coming here, and not being treated as criminals*
2. I remember being taught that we were taxed to give money to poor, lazy black people that did nothing but smoke pot and watch tv. *Obviously I have no figures, and I do not feel it is just blacks, but yes, working americans are taxed so that trash, be they white, brown, or black, can sit at home, and not contribute... you like supporting these people?*
3. I remember wanting to turn the Middle East into glass, because you would put down those fucking muslims, but still be able to drill for oil later.
*haha, again High school fun entertaining thoughts about people that just fucking knocked down the twin towers... Yes, I still think the solution to the radical muslims is bombs and missiles, again, being proven correct with the decimation of ISIS, since Trump unleashed our warfighters.

Our home lacks empathy and the ability to make sacrifices for long term solutions. You can't just put yourself behind a protectionist wall and hope it works out in 50 years.
*I don't have impothy for muslims who want to blow up people like me, and other people that are not like them... Why would I?

Treach, not even going to address all those points, since Jaster did a fantastic job for me, except for the FBI.
Yes, if you are reading the news as you continue to point out, some beyond shady shit is happening with the DOJ, FBI, and both the Trump and Clinton investigations, if they can be called that.
People need to be arrested, and careers need to be ruined, at the things we are being allowed to see, which means imagine how much we are not yet being shown?

Maegon

Postby Maegon » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:42 am

Jaster wrote:Nothing has had any conclusion of "significant" impact on climate. Most studies predict 1% differences.

Where did you get that information?

"The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is extremely likely (greater than 95 percent probability) to be the result of human activity since the mid-20th century and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented over decades to millennia." - https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Return to “Player's Lounge”