One Year of Trump

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Arkan

Re: One Year of Trump

Postby Arkan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:53 pm

You should worry about people who decide to kill themselves because it's the decent fucking thing to do. Furthermore, you seem to have completely misunderstood "completed suicide." People who attempt suicide by other means are more likely to change their minds, get help, and live afterwards. Those who use guns do not. My step-cousin was on drugs and shot himself in the head. No backsies, and no help for his kids. The odds of those kids turning to lives of crime skyrocketed.

Also, the fact that you think it's obvious that home gun accidents only happen in the home somehow negates that home gun accidents are a problem, is pretty dumb.

Last of all, the fact that you only know one person who died to his/her own gun and still don't see it as an issue is super fucking dumb. Are you so surrounded by death that it's all "who the fuck cares about that one dude?" If that's the case, then you have some serious problems aside from the stupidity.

Vaen

Postby Vaen » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Mronz wrote:
Vaen wrote:
Mronz wrote:I've known one person in my entire life who was killed by a gun they owned, all of the dozens of other individuals have never had any gun related issue.

Jesus fucking christ.

I'm guessing you are anti-gun?
Or you know more than one person who managed to hurt themselves, their wife, or their child with their own weapon?

I'm not anti-gun, I grew up in New Hampshire, would have taken some pretty special effort to not go hunting or shooting. And to the other things that you mentioned, my well-regulated-as-a-matter-of-fucking-public-health vehicle is not an unnecessary cock-replacement and my kitchen knife isn't a fucking katana. Funny story about fertilizer though -- you buy enough, you'll set off more red flags than if you stockpile guns. Oh, and every single one of those things has a use besides damaging something. Guns are weapons. I worry about hobby owners who don't have the fucking awareness to acknowledge that what they are using, at the end of the day, is a weapon and act like they drive their gun to work every day. Literally anything can be a "tool" - that's not a special enough designation to outweigh everything else. Like, fucking monkeys are aware that anything can be a tool, why is it so hard to explain to a presumably functional human being that that's not a special designation for anything?

But no, the JFC had nothing to do with that. It's at the incredible fucking hubris it must take to offer legislation based on personal ancedotes and experiences while (and here's the important part) ignoring literally everything else going on around them. Was Benito incorrect? Sure, Daal pointed out how and he admitted it literally one post above and 10 minutes before yours. But I guess if you had any sense of perspective, you'd recognize we are where we are as a society where people can generally assume they'll live to 5 and past 40 because we see value in things beyond our own little horizons and don't condone shit just because it does not affect each and every one of us personally. Like, are you going to need to birth 25 fucking kids and have them all gunned down for it to matter to you? How fucking idiotic does that sound?

Vaen

Postby Vaen » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:22 pm

Reyne wrote: and then the same arguments by both extreme sides ("no gun control at all" vs "ban all guns everywhere") get floated while nothing happens

Would it were the case. There's literally no major platform calling for a ban of all guns everywhere in this country and no legislation that's been proposed to do that as far as I know. The closest anyone can find of any major politician making a proposal like that is basically praising Australia's buyback program (which was partially mandatory). That's the deepest depth of this idiocy - literally nobody wants to ban all guns and nobody has proposed seizure/confiscation. The most expansive proposal seeks to ban (and for the people who are unfamiliar with the term "ban", it refers to the stop of "sales, manufacture, and import", not "going house to house taking your Four Loko--err guns") something bans 200some-odd specific models of weapons, leaving literally every handgun and a huge amount of rifles as options. Meanwhile, I remember the NRA trying to launch a campaign to repeal the NFA (which, broadly, keeps fully automatic weapons banned) as recently as 5 years ago.

Don't worry! There'll still be plenty of school shootings to send thoughts and prayers to, but the idea is to make it harder to get the type of weapons that'll enable untrained children to kill 17-25 people in 6-10 minutes.

Maghus

Postby Maghus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:15 am

We are approaching Tarmon Gaiden and all of you squabble over frivolities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXU20umRuaI

Enok

Postby Enok » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:23 am

Maghus wrote:We are approaching Tarmon Gaiden and all of you squabble over frivolities.

I know, I mean wake up people. Schumann resonance, pizzagate and buttery males!!!!!!!!

Maghus, will you now kindly give us the keys to unlocking the secrets of our universe?

Torag

Postby Torag » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:35 am

Jesus here we go down the rabbit hole.

Tighten your tinfoil hats kids, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Maghus

Postby Maghus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:26 am

When the new meets the old
It always ends the ancient ways
And as history told
The old ways go out in a blaze

Maghus

Postby Maghus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:41 am

Enok wrote:
Maghus wrote:We are approaching Tarmon Gaiden and all of you squabble over frivolities.

I know, I mean wake up people. Schumann resonance, pizzagate and buttery males!!!!!!!!

Maghus, will you now kindly give us the keys to unlocking the secrets of our universe?

I can tell you your future. Ready? In 6 months your government will declare that they don't have enough space for your immigrants. And you, as a wonderful Swedish non racist and helpful person, will be willing to take in 1 immigrant each into your home. I thank you in advance for your support of these poor people. They traveled from a war torn country. Across 7 countries that are not in war. To come to Sweden. Thanks! ( why didn't they immigrate to one of those countries that are not in war, and which are closer to them?)

Mronz

Postby Mronz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:13 am

Arkan, sorry but I don't believe it is my job or my government's job to worry about how we can convince people to not kill themselves. That is a choice made by the person doing it, I can't stop them, you can't stop them, those who really will kill themselves, will find a way.
Vaen, you just seem pissy and feel the need to lash out because our opinions differ, , not sure what's up with you, but it is ok if we disagree.

Enok

Postby Enok » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:20 am

Maghus wrote:
Enok wrote:

I can tell you your future. Ready? In 6 months your government will declare that they don't have enough space for your immigrants. And you, as a wonderful Swedish non racist and helpful person, will be willing to take in 1 immigrant each into your home. I thank you in advance for your support of these poor people. They traveled from a war torn country. Across 7 countries that are not in war. To come to Sweden. Thanks! ( why didn't they immigrate to one of those countries that are not in war, and which are closer to them?)

See, this is why I don't get my palms read by the local witches. All they do is repeat old news or certain fact! We already put a stop to poor bastards fleeing warzones by paying off Turkey. They take our money, hold back refugees from beautiful, racist Europe AND throw in a free side dish of anti-democratic propaganda. A number of Swedish families already accept refugees into their homes. The colleague sitting next to me in the office has 19 year old boy living in his basement. One of my students had an entire family in their house for an extended period of time until they could get their own home.

I get your frustration with people running from bombs. All of our problems would go away if they could just stand still and get hit already!

Where are you from, Maghus?

Return to “Player's Lounge”