One Year of Trump

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.

Re: One Year of Trump

Postby Arkan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:21 pm

Guess we better shut down the national suicide hotlline! Police who "saved" people by preventing them from jumping off bridges and buildings are all liars and losers! Everyone who ever claims to have tried suicide in the past is just trying to get laid! Those scars are tattoos!

Postby Benito » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:03 pm

I'll get back to some of the gun stuff eventually, but for now I thought I'd link to a recent article: "Trump's Tax Cuts in Hand, Companies Spend More on Themselves Than on Wages."

Nothing really surprising--most the money isn't going to jobs, jobs, jobs!

American companies have announced more than $178 billion in planned buybacks — the largest amount unveiled in a single quarter.... Economists believe a rising stock market benefits the economy, helping support consumer and business confidence. But the vast majority of the billions of dollars in planned share purchases will benefit the richest 10 percent of American households, who own 84 percent of all stocks. The top 1 percent of households own about 40 percent of all stocks.

Ultimately, the effect of the rising stock market depends on how those wealthy investors use their windfall. It helps the economy more, for example, if they put the money toward productive new companies than if they invest in government bonds.That is not what happened in 2005, when a one-time tax holiday allowed companies to repatriate money on the cheap. That plan, championed by President George W. Bush, was sold as a way to get American companies to invest more in the domestic economy.

Some $300 billion came back to the United States that year. But economists estimated that as much as 92 percent of it may have been paid out to companies’ shareholders — mostly in the form of buybacks.

Postby Shiva » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Mronz wrote:Arkan, sorry but I don't believe it is my job or my government's job to worry about how we can convince people to not kill themselves. That is a choice made by the person doing it, I can't stop them, you can't stop them, those who really will kill themselves, will find a way.

Have you ever engaged with someone dealing with psychological problems/depression or anxiety?

Postby Maghus » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:03 am

Since my last posts have been so well received, I will give you another song/video to listen to! Thanks friends!

Keep your vibrations high, fellow travelers.
Last edited by Maghus on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Maghus » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:09 am

These are my Slavic people. And this is what you are allowing them to destroy.

Postby Reyne » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:46 pm

Traditionalism VS (((Cultural Marxism)))

Firimei Lang

Postby Firimei Lang » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Stuff just hit the fan! ha

Postby Astolfo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:28 am

We get an extra week of Trump!

Postby Joolis » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:43 am

I'm so glad this thread was restored!

Postby Drayde » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:08 pm

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. I'll never give political opinions in public specifically because of these reactions. :lol: Work rules apply,no politics or religion talk to keep the peace!

Return to “Player's Lounge”