Two Years of Trump

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Vaen

Re: One Year of Trump

Postby Vaen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:27 pm

Such garbage false equivalence.

Torag wrote:
Thats a pretty ignorant statement considering many voted just for something different to the oligarchy that existed prior. I'm not by any means a trump supporter, nor am i American but I think that saying Trump is the president his voters deserve is just bullshit.

Electing someone like Trump because you're against oligarchy is the epitome of stupid. It's like cutting out the middle man and just mainlining exactly what you claim to be against. And anybody with two brain cells to rub together and some kind of consistency of thought could have told you Trump was then exactly what he is right now.

Lets face the fact that clinton would have been equally shit for the country because the party in power is not the problem. It's money in politics.

I don't know how someone starts with a "that's a pretty ignorant statement" and ends with "BuT hILlARy wOulD HaVE Been JuST aS bad!!!!"

Rig

Postby Rig » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:35 pm

Trump is the president we deserve, Vaen.

Astolfo

Postby Astolfo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Vaen

Postby Vaen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Cohen is beyond fucked. Those warrants aren't exactly handed out like candy.

Firimei Lang

Postby Firimei Lang » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:00 am

Vaen wrote:Cohen is beyond fucked. Those warrants aren't exactly handed out like candy.

There is some good news then!

Sherlok Homie

Postby Sherlok Homie » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:57 am

Can someone more smarter than me tell me, why is Trump going to war with russia when he is a russian spy? Thanks in advanced.

Jestin

Postby Jestin » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:14 am

Bored on a Saturday so I'll take a stab in the hope that the request for info is genuine.

There are basically two theories depending on who you talk to:

1. Assad is an evil bastard who uses chemical weapons on his own people to basically try and end the war against the "rebels" in Syria as quickly as possible. Trump, like Obama before him, believes the world cannot stand by as such terrible (and internationally banned) weapons are used. The United States (and France, U.K., etc) have a moral imperative to act and hence the strikes against Syria even if it pisses off Russia.

2. Likely because of the announcement that we were to pull out of Syria in 6 months, the rebels or other players that would benefit from the U.S. staying in Syria carried out the chemical weapons attack. Either the U.S. is aware of this or has been tricked by the right people. Either way the U.S. cannot carry out strikes on the rebels, who we have funded, armed, and supported throughout this conflict. If we react then we must target the Syrian government who we have always blamed for the attacks.

Now for my opinions:

Whichever theory you subscribe to, it seems somewhat irrelevant who is in office. Obama did basically the same thing after Syria repeatedly crossed his "red line". The rhetoric back then was pretty much the same. So this really has no relevance to whether or not Trump is a "Russian spy". I believe that most likely at a high level there is still clear communication between the West and Russia about what strikes are coming and where well in advance. This was documented during Trump's strikes last year and probably was the case this year. In fact this most likely even means Russia is passing that information directly to Assad who obviously would remove anything he doesn't want destroyed. So really this whole thing is for show - a show that various players, including Trump, benefit from.

Though the proxy war between the U.S. and Russia in Syria is quite real, I don't think there's much chance of this escalating to a real war. The people that benefit from this show are the military complex (double whammy because both expensive warfare stuff is used but also now the U.S. will stay in Syria longer), Trump to distract from his issues at home, and the rebels now that the U.S. is probably committed to staying longer in Syria.

Kryyg

Postby Kryyg » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:27 pm

Jestin voted for Trump because he thought Melania was so hawt.

Maghus

Postby Maghus » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:44 pm

It will happen when the weather cools.
That's when they'll make their move.
The plans laid long ago, before the founding of America,
and older still, will come to fruition.
They're trying to force God's hand.

Watch for these signs:

Three branches will become one.
An island will drift away.
A killing bolt will shine in the night but will not kill.
The star will gorge itself on clay.
Idols will speak and move about.
The black flag will fly above the dome.
The belly of the dragon will drip water.
Two voices will call out in a silence that all will hear.
A rock will stand on seven hills.
The ravens will starve.
The bear will leave its cave forever.
The rod and the ring will strike.

Astolfo

Postby Astolfo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:42 am

So what Maghus is trying to tell us is that global warming is a hoax. Thanks!

Return to “Player's Lounge”