One Year of Trump

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Benito

Re: One Year of Trump

Postby Benito » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:38 pm

From the party that pretends to be all about the rule of law:

President Trump asserted on Sunday that immigrants who crossed into the United States illegally should be sent back immediately without due process or an appearance before a judge, an escalation of his attacks on the judicial system....

While in Las Vegas on Saturday, Mr. Trump told supporters that he thought the immigration system needed fewer judges — putting him in conflict with a proposal by Senator Ted Cruz, Republican of Texas, to expand the number of judges in an effort to process cases more quickly. Mr. Trump also suggested last week that he opposed adding judges because many of them could be corrupt.

Trump can pretend all he wants that his executive failures have been because of "corrupt" judges, when the reality is much simpler: his executive orders are sloppy, and contrary to the law - law that his party has been in control of for a year and a half and largely failed to change.

Maghus

Postby Maghus » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:39 pm

your right. lets call off the entire presidency because you found one news story article to agree with you. would you root against the pilot flying your plane? wish him to fail? you are doing the same thing

aang

Postby aang » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:13 pm

I don't think people are rooting for him to crash the plane, but by some miracle land it somewhat intact without causing lasting damage to the plane and the airport, despite him having drunk a bottle of Jack D.

hyzael

Postby hyzael » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:33 pm

lets talk about space son!

Treach

Postby Treach » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:43 pm

What Universe did we slip into that the spokesperson for the white house gets asked to leave a restaurant so she and the president start a twitter war with the restaurant..

Vilac

Postby Vilac » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:39 am

Treach wrote:What Universe did we slip into that the spokesperson for the white house gets asked to leave a restaurant so she and the president start a twitter war with the restaurant..

The same universe in which people cheer when a congresswoman tells everyone to not let a day go by without harassing people who work for or support the president. Then again, as the left implodes they lecture us on moral standing when they have and use none. These are the people who were in power with the same policies and laws in place and did nothing. Similar to now, they continue to do nothing constructive to fix the laws which is their job, they just make noise and try to stay in “power”. Keep on voting in the “do nothings”. Not one of them has actually come up with an answer or solution to the problem that has occurred for many administrations, not just this one in regards to the immigration issue that has everyone very upset.

Enok

Postby Enok » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:01 am

GOP holds all branches of government. Why do you blame democrats for problems you could solve on your own?

Vilac

Postby Vilac » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:30 am

Enok wrote:GOP holds all branches of government. Why do you blame democrats for problems you could solve on your own?

Because just “holding” branches of government doesnt mean you can solve problems. Anyone with half a brain knows that. But, since you want to play that game, why didn’t the Democrats do it when they had full control since they are so upset with it?

Ashlee

Postby Ashlee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:35 am

Vilac wrote:
Enok wrote:GOP holds all branches of government. Why do you blame democrats for problems you could solve on your own?

Because just “holding” branches of government doesnt mean you can solve problems. Anyone with half a brain knows that. But, since you want to play that game, why didn’t the Democrats do it when they had full control since they are so upset with it?

Drop the Fox News talking points. Democrats can’t do anything in Congreess when the Republican leadership refuses to include them in drafting legislation.

hyzael

Postby hyzael » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:48 am

what if i told you, that all of this is a really good trap for simple people? If you hear about your president talking to restaurants on twitter and the restaurant is talking back, and both parties involved aren't saying anything political or good for anyone.. just ignore it, and don't listen to it. It's literally a modern day vietnam situation, we shouldn't be here, we are here, it's meaningless, if I were you I'd recommend not participating in politics because he's not going anywhere any time soon and you complaining about it doesn't do you any good either, just go live your life. he's not there!

I don't watch the news, I don't watch that crap on social media, i do laugh from time to time at memes i see but, largely it has had 0 effect on my life.

It probably effects you as much as you let it in similiar fashion. just don't listen to it, it's trash tv. No one should talk like that in that position and no one should snap back at the president, everyone loses here. Just go about your life and like this thread, let it die.

Return to “Player's Lounge”