One Year of Trump

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Curtis

Re: One Year of Trump

Postby Curtis » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Everything I Needed to Know in Life I Learned from WotMud

Chapter 2: The Vocal Majority is Almost Always WRONG

Benito

Postby Benito » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Maegon wrote:This was probably one of the tougher initiative cycles that I've had to vote on. Honestly voted no to I-1631, despite knowing that oil companies made up the majority of the counter argument, because it sounded like a the bill wasn't fully planned out. .

Yeah, I think it will be close but that 1631 probably won't pass. I voted against the initiative two years ago because I thought it was sloppy - and it sounds like there's a good amount of liberals and leftists who feel the same about this year's. I get people are concerned they may be paying more for energy, but it's only going to be worse the longer we wait. Climate change legislation may just be something that has to happen nationally before it can happen locally, and sadly it might take a massive disaster for us to get there.

Maegon

Postby Maegon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:27 pm

You would think most westsiders would understand waiting until too late after the Sound Transit costs and dealing with our never ending traffic. Hopefully legislators will take the feedback and tighten up the plan next time. I'm not convinced a natural disaster will shift the national conversation. How much have we spent this year on hurricane and wild fire relief without a change in dialog?

On another note, I didn't realize the spending on this initiative either. It's kind of crazy how disproportionate this stuff can be. We ended up voting no on the measure due to slower enacting speed at the state level and not wanting to shoehorn eastsiders into our snowflake experiments, but I do wonder how much disinformation/fear mongering effected this.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... rocery-tax

Return to “Player's Lounge”