Gator bracer, tattoo and opal choker name change request

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Atlan

Gator bracer, tattoo and opal choker name change request

Postby Atlan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:57 am

I wanted to suggest renaming some ABS trinkets, specifically the gator bracer, ornate tattoo and opal choker to something more ABS appropriate. I like the silver ring and torcs, but best in class wrist is suddenly Crocodile Dundee, and the second best necklace is very feminine.

Maybe keep opal as a female retool, but I would love if these items were more appropriate for 99% or the users.

Not sure if the neck tattoo is even still around, but if it is please don't make something that is top end gear so RP specific, we can't take off tattoos and surprisingly not everyone wants to RP having neck tattoos. That said I like the Red Eagle ones ;).

daal

Re: Gator bracer, tattoo and opal choker name change request

Postby daal » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:07 pm

While I agree wholeheartedly regarding tattoos. Chokers are and have been worn by native Americans both ceremonially and otherwise for centuries. I'm certain this applies to other indigenous cultures around the world as well. Off hand I can recall seeing Zulu warriors wearing them as well as Indian men (from south central Asia).

daal

Postby daal » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:19 pm

That's not to say we couldn't rename Opal chokers to something akin to "a steel gorget" to keep the abs heavy metal theme though.

Atlan

Postby Atlan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:40 pm

daal wrote:While I agree wholeheartedly regarding tattoos. Chokers are and have been worn by native Americans both ceremonially and otherwise for centuries. I'm certain this applies to other indigenous cultures around the world as well. Off hand I can recall seeing Zulu warriors wearing them as well as Indian men (from south central Asia).

Was going to say... Thats great but I dont really wanna go for the Zulu warrior feel either haha.

daal

Postby daal » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Well, I think traditionally Opal chokers loaded on kreeza (the trolloc warrior maiden) which may also give some historical basis for why they are what they are. I'm sure there were other loads 10+ years ago but that one immediately comes to mind.

Return to “Player's Lounge”