... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Giramael

Re: Feedback: 2h abs/bash weapons

Postby Giramael » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 am

Y'all have broken me. I'll be splitting the psych bill and making you all pay an equal share.

Synthia

Postby Synthia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:12 am

Sorry Giramael. I can pay 1000 crowns. 8-)

I appreciate your efforts at taking on this immense task and attention to details and being unafraid to ask the general public their opinion.

Aardvolf

Postby Aardvolf » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:06 pm

Brocas wrote:
Joolis wrote:Are people really trying to say that abs warriors are OP in this game? I find that pretty amusing.

++

+

Get on a non master trolloc in full abs vs a Tower FC... see if you survive that second missed bash zerk... Just to remind yourself that the abs doesn't effect emote damage.

I think the last time I was in PK my bash landed 55% against all LS players against abs it is really a matter of timing, against combo depends on if player is using dodge vs parry on trinkets and ob vs pb on the weapon, and if someone is in full dodge very rare to land even against non-master. A master with posture and moods to max db is almost untouchable by a mallet wielding nonmaster unless zerk. And despite what people say here zerk is a big risk in game.

That being said, it is all good. A battle hardened tower trained FC should pretty much own a solo abs trolloc, a master has earned the bonus and both (FC and Master Dodge) should be good enough to risk hitting me when I am on mob support, someone who gets a perfect dodge kit earned it (and if they didnt they will loose it soon). The slight adjustments to weight on the mallet made it much better for bashing anyone not in perfect dodge, and I like that balance. But as always let the wheel weave, tinker/ adjust/ test and lets see what happens. Half the fun of this game is winning, the other half is getting revenge after you have been killed. #dsganksquad #WotMudLove

Angkar

Postby Angkar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:03 pm

Being intentionally obtuse? Masters get bonus PB, not DB. That would be stupid.

isabel

Postby isabel » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:53 pm

Synthia wrote:Sorry Giramael. I can pay 1000 crowns. 8-)

I appreciate your efforts at taking on this immense task and attention to details and being unafraid to ask the general public their opinion.

Why don't we just ask players who have a certain level of expertise, play both sides or can be impartial, test things out, have a wider vision of game mechanics and pk strategy, etc can comment. We actually have those and don't need to rely on something as spurious as anecdotal impressions of regular players. (Example: amazing discussion started by Jestin on channeler hps that gets derailed with weird anecdote-based opinions of well-meaning and enthusiastic but complete not seeing any other side or class or experience than their own :P).

Only place where lay opinion is relevant I feel is when it's stuff that affects a newbie or is very general stuff - which people who have mastered the game are going to zoom through and whose difficulty they won't notice.

iria

Postby iria » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 am

Just ask Hress to be your eyes on the ground, that guy has done some serious testing before the changes, and maybe still is. Good on you Hress. Plus it keeps our horses safe for a bit(yes he is a human now, but Hressing horses never gets old).

To the weapons themselves, my only complaint would be war maul being worse bash than mallet - why not just give it the same stats with current war maul damage - its a rare and absers generally die somewhat often, not looking at arkan/pulver.

Treach

Postby Treach » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:16 am

isabel wrote:Why don't we just ask players who have a certain level of expertise, play both sides or can be impartial, test things out, have a wider vision of game mechanics and pk strategy, etc can comment. We actually have those and don't need to rely on something as spurious as anecdotal impressions of regular players.

Why not both? I think it is great that this thread gives everyone a chance to provide public feedback. If imms just relied on 1 or 2 people to provide private feedback I'm sure some players would call favoritism or bias etc.

isabel

Postby isabel » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:49 am

I hear what you're saying but it's not because what others think isn't valid, but because to discuss something intelligently you need to have some actual understanding of it - otherwise it's just fluff and derail don't you think?

And definitely not 1-2 people. There's at least about 20 people I can think of without pausing to think (!) who could cover a range of issues/concerns on all three sides in an informed and relevant way. (Not sure how active they are - but I do see them posting on forums.) People like Jestin, Davor, Ryalth, Iria, Jaster, Weir, Eol, Lykan, Hress, Markus (if he's around), Lyren, Vaen - see over 10 people already, and many others.

So many of us can't even tell when someone is LD :p If you don't play abs/bash, don't play against it, don't play across sides, don't know what the balance of combo/dodge/abs should be etc, how will you contribute usefully to the discussion?

Enok

Postby Enok » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:09 am

Maybe at some point we'll have a 70's style pentagon papers leak of all basic item stats to finally allow players to analyze items and provide quality feedback of imbalances (although you could just change everything again so there's that). Until then:

I bashed a horned lizard pretty consistently (like 9/12!) with a C-sword the other day while zerk with 19str, mounted, full horse-eq, mixed terrain, hungry-not thirsty. I also bashed some dodgy troll rogue and Rig outside of TV with the same sword. It's pretty sweet imo.

In general, having been slightly out of touch with changes while still statting a char or two, combo sucks unless fully kitted and there are too many troll rogues again.

keim

Postby keim » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 am

Any particular reason we can't just get the weapons stats posted?

Worst that happens is people find out a weapon they had previously kinda dismissed is better than they thought. If it is too good then it will need to be changed anyways. Have never understood the secrecy of things like weapon and armor stats.

Return to “Player's Lounge”