group exp

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Bastige
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:12 pm

group exp

Postby Bastige » Wed May 02, 2018 11:03 am

I wish there was the option to exp as a group of 3-4 and gain a decent amount of exp. Not smobbing, like actually get some exp and it would be fun to party up. Encourage more groups of people, and if pk hits at least you have a squad!

Thoughts on playing together as a group more?

Enok
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: group exp

Postby Enok » Wed May 02, 2018 11:11 am

I like the idea. Group exp is coded though afaik. Workarounds like scalp rewards is still possible. I'd like power exp areas with very hard enemies worth lots of exp and the possibility of pk. Maybe in Rahime? Black hills? Cara? Kinda like what spine used to be in terms of a guarantee of either *Dagre* or, later on, a guaranteed door fight whenever Craven was online. Remember those endless logs of people walking in one by one? :roll:

Also, if you could remove the strong exp mobs from most other locations it would be a perfect place to funnel players against.

hyzael
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:28 am

Re: group exp

Postby hyzael » Thu May 03, 2018 8:22 am

it would be cool to place group exp in rhahimne or cut, or somewhere more prone to pk. I like anything that encourages pk.

Theid
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: group exp

Postby Theid » Thu May 03, 2018 8:39 am

Why not just exp spine? Spine exp is the best exp on Lightside. I always find spine empty for some reason (On LS and DS).

If anything, maybe Spine should have even more grasses / pred loads. To make it not clearable in one go from top to bottom by 1 set of expers which would allow for 2 groups of expers to level up and theoretically keep each other safer (safety in numbers) while not stealing each others exp mobs.

hyzael
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:28 am

Re: group exp

Postby hyzael » Thu May 03, 2018 8:51 am

an increase in grasses or ants or something would be great.

Octavio
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: group exp

Postby Octavio » Thu May 03, 2018 9:22 am

The zone "Along the Spine of the World" needs a southern exit to Stedding Shangtai or even "The Waterless Sands" instead of making it a dead-end.

Enok
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: group exp

Postby Enok » Thu May 03, 2018 11:05 am

Theid wrote:Why not just exp spine? Spine exp is the best exp on Lightside. I always find spine empty for some reason (On LS and DS).

If anything, maybe Spine should have even more grasses / pred loads. To make it not clearable in one go from top to bottom by 1 set of expers which would allow for 2 groups of expers to level up and theoretically keep each other safer (safety in numbers) while not stealing each others exp mobs.


I agree, Spine is great. However, it's at the very edge of the map. That's my only peeve, allbeit a small one. No matter what zone you choose to beef up though I think reducing DS exp and making the best exp appear in contested territories (and not in virtually 100% safe zones) is a direction that's helpful.

Theid
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: group exp

Postby Theid » Thu May 03, 2018 11:39 am

I think making a type of Royal Rumble Exp area in a football type zone, is a bad idea. It would end up being a Vulture area where lower leveled people trying to get levels will be prayed upon by raiders. (Most likely DS raiding LS due to the nature of the side) And end up not being used to Exp anymore. Look at Spine exp. No one uses it because of it's reputation for not being 100% safe. Which is too bad because Spine PK is great chokey Pk.

I don't follow the idea of removing/downing DS exp... DS side having "the best" exp helps keep their levels up and allow them to focus on raiding-Pk which is the point of the side. However it is important to note that the Spine Pred Cave, Loosestones and Cavewall? has the highest combined exp total than any other area that I can think of. Arguably making it the best exp spot in the game. 8-)

TKD Road/North of Keep areas are raidable just as much as Spine is. But this is player experience based mainly.

Spine is the exp zone you are asking for already. The only difference is that it is not in easy distance of 3 LS cities and has a higher risk location than Caralain, Black Hills, Rhamine do.

Octavio
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: group exp

Postby Octavio » Thu May 03, 2018 11:49 am

Octavio wrote:The zone "Along the Spine of the World" needs a southern exit to Stedding Shangtai or even "The Waterless Sands" instead of making it a dead-end.


I should have finished this thought. Adding a southern exit to Stedding Shangtai would also allow easy 3 zones away access from "Tear Road" to "Along the Spine of the World" Getting to the Spine has been thought of as too far away. 3 Zones from "Tear Road" is not.

Up, or down side depending on your thoughts is that Tear would get busier I think. Also with Outpost close to there I can see more PK from all sides possibly happening.

Enok
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: group exp

Postby Enok » Thu May 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Theid wrote:I think making a type of Royal Rumble Exp area in a football type zone, is a bad idea. It would end up being a Vulture area where lower leveled people trying to get levels will be prayed upon by raiders. (Most likely DS raiding LS due to the nature of the side) And end up not being used to Exp anymore. Look at Spine exp. No one uses it because of it's reputation for not being 100% safe. Which is too bad because Spine PK is great chokey Pk.


I mean, you could change the layout of black hills/rahime if you believe it to be too open I guess. Lower leveled people aren't going to hit an area as suggested by the OP.

Theid wrote:I don't follow the idea of removing/downing DS exp... DS side having "the best" exp helps keep their levels up and allow them to focus on raiding-Pk which is the point of the side. However it is important to note that the Spine Pred Cave, Loosestones and Cavewall? has the highest combined exp total than any other area that I can think of. Arguably making it the best exp spot in the game. 8-)


It's semantics, but pred cave, dark road/SG preds and maulers, SH preds, TKD maulers (1 pred?) etc etc is probably equal if not better and in a waaaaay better spot for DS than spine is for LS in my opinion. Not saying those horned lizards and preds aren't delicious, but some of them require dismounting. The point of lowering DS exp in traditional zones is that it forces people who go for level 51 to move their butts into a contested area. North Blight, SG, SH, TKD, Dark Road just aren't that. Again, in my opinion. Safe exp and safe smobs. I wouldn't pick spine over the aforementioned zones if I were leveling a troll.

Theid wrote:TKD Road/North of Keep areas are raidable just as much as Spine is. But this is player experience based mainly.


I disagree, but like you said, very much up to the individual.

Bottom line, I do think OP's suggestion is interesting and I would like to see a group of 3-4 players band together in challenging areas.


Return to “Player's Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests