Grouping with wanted rules?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Itesh

Re: Grouping with wanted rules?

Postby Itesh » Sun May 27, 2018 3:01 am

If you reclan Tower, let me know and I'll do an adjustment. Although, as you say, make sweet sweet love to the Tower.

Spyder

Postby Spyder » Sun May 27, 2018 3:08 am

It is disappointing to see there are no actual repercussions for those who chose to group with wanteds.

Not particularly surprising though.

Reyne

Postby Reyne » Sun May 27, 2018 3:32 am

Just because you aren't privy to the details or even aware of a punishment, that doesn't mean there isn't any... The Tower isn't exactly going to advertise every time an Accepted is punished, you know?

Just speaking as an Accepted I'd be pretty amazed if one of my peers was grouping with Seanchan / wanteds regularly and no Aes Sedai cared.

Astolfo wrote:I love being a Towel alt!

isabel

Postby isabel » Sun May 27, 2018 4:31 am

Itesh wrote:this is more of a clan rule level.

Thanks for clarifying Itesh - this is what I was asking.

The main reason I was confused is that I was gone for 5-ish years, and when I came back suddenly there was an Aes Sedai armoring a Seanchan and Gaidin apps leading *oL around, and I was very surprised. But this was also the period in which the books had been completed, and I think everyone on LS/SS was able to see an RP version of how alliances worked in a Tarmon Gai'don type situation.

To whoever said who cares about RP/IC - lots of us do, and Tower certainly does.

Malak

Postby Malak » Wed May 30, 2018 11:07 pm

A CoL might group with a gaidin he views as a criminal but not a channeler he sees as a darkfriend. A SS accepting weaves from an unleashed damane is a breach of rp in my books. But why spoil the new BG clans fun right? There are qp and eq to be had.

Vampa

Postby Vampa » Wed May 30, 2018 11:52 pm

This is a tangent.

With respect to roleplay, you are welcome to choose any you see fit, but if you're in a clan you're agreeing to follow what the clan enforces.

At times, this flies in the face of what some expect. In general, if an action occurs in an area of distinction other than roleplay then it is often not scrutinized as heavily. This would mean PvE and PvP group activities generally.

If it's not, then we have a lens under which to examine things, the basis of which is the books, the evolution of which is a clan's choices and history - its roleplay.

We want more roleplay, it makes the world far more immersive. We are trying to let clans establish their own identities, rather than assign them something, though.

As Itesh said, be the change you seek. If you want to establish an identity for your clan, work it out as a clan and make those choices. An excellent example of this is the White Leopards, which is a recently added clan that established its own identity and has distinct guidelines and restrictions built upon foundations laid out in the books.

Our goal is that we create our world together, and that it be distinctly the Wheel of Time and distinctly ours.

Elysia

Postby Elysia » Thu May 31, 2018 2:17 am

Rig wrote:GApparently someone else was in ownership of her all throughout the tower process up to the point of declanning! Kinda crazy considering I'm the only person to have played her since she was given to me at lvl 3.

It's okay though, immortals are human just like me and Billy Bob. We all make mistakes.

Ironically, another person was saying the same thing and actually tried to reclan and later reclaim the character in question. I think the lesson to be learned here is to clock some time on a character after you've gained ownership of it, so there's a clear and undisputable paper trail making it lead to you. In a time when leveling is so easy, that might be something to keep in mind. Also, setting an email helps tremendously in establishing who owns who.

Rig

Postby Rig » Thu May 31, 2018 3:07 am

Is it ironic that it was me who tried to reclan her? Lmao.

Crazy how they said the same thing!

Elysia

Postby Elysia » Thu May 31, 2018 4:58 am

Rig wrote:Is it ironic that it was me who tried to reclan her? Lmao.

Crazy how they said the same thing!

I literally mean someone contacting me through a well known character known to be owned by another player than yourself.

For the general public:

Before anyone starts to panic about their characters being stolen, ownership being contested is super rare. Usuallyit's due to someone who has been away for years and they forgot they gave away a character.

Despite the official stance being that we don't support traded characters or characters whose ownership is contested, we -try- to untangle the mess and set things right, but sometimes it's impossible to determine what is going on, so we do nothing and let the chips fall as they may.

Setting an email address really helps. Even if you no longer have access to that email address, we can ask you what the email address was to help determine ownership. Note that we can't see passphrases, even though I regularly get mails that go "the passphrase is something like "blink182rocks". That really doesn't help.

Timmee

Postby Timmee » Thu May 31, 2018 7:04 am

I knew it. Rig now is the player of Hether... :P

Return to “Player's Lounge”