Master Mob Lead (Way beyond 30 days) #SetThemFREE

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
isabel

Re: Master Mob Lead (Way beyond 30 days) #SetThemFREE

Postby isabel » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Was mostly tongue-in-cheek but what about asking for reduction in alting time to like 2 mins per char, regardless of side. We don't really have the playerbase to abuse whatever was abusable in quick altings. What was "opportunistic" 10 years ago would just be "can we get pk" today.

p.s - stop killing me so quickly :( it makes me feel like a mob

Rig

Postby Rig » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:25 am

I think that's another thing that people don't seem to grasp. Defensively, fades are on the top. Their greatest offensive bonus is that they have zerk attack. People also seem to forget we have the malus of terrible regen in the light.

Offensively, LS has the advantage. Gaidin are on top of that pyramid. Multi-bash, +10? OB, +10ish HP, Target Switch ( fades obviously have this as well ), zerk attack with their Sedai logged on, and crazy regen at all times. A bonded pair is arguably the most powerful combination of pkers in any given battle.

So when it's for example, me and 3 trollocs blight, 2 master bashers and a rogue.

VS

A bonded pair, 1 master basher and a rogue.

Majority of the time, assuming the Gaidin is a competent leader/pker, we get our asses handed to us. This isn't necessarily a scenario where you need master mobs. But it also often ends in a stalemate, because either we're sitting at a patty all low and LS doesn't want to hit or LS is sitting Ragan/Mire/Kajin/etc all low and hitting is usually a death sentence because DS will also be low.

Now, these scenarios change, with the usage of master mobs. You can't really argue that a mob does not give you more options, because LS could use a mob to hit the patty, and help buff, making the pk move forward. Or DS could grab a mob and hit ragan, and have it help buff in the same situation.

I'm more inclined to hit a group while my group is lower with a mob or two than I would be without a mob. I'm sure the same thing applies to LS leaders.

As it's pointed out, sure, sometimes they're overused to steamroll. Whatever, that's not a huge deal.

I'm still with the idea of returning the old master mobs but making them cost 5 qp to issue and you have to acquire them from clan base.

Aishana

Postby Aishana » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:17 am

I'd argue that having them cost qp to issue would lead even more to people using them to steamroll, same as zerk attack it'll just get used when safe.

Gretchen

Postby Gretchen » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:23 am

speaking as a smober (mostly) even with mobs across my master i would still always try to include other people if i could get a group ,as it is now i dont play much since the changes i used to log on grab a mob and start smobing then add more ppl as and when they wanted to join , i now log on ask if anythings going on /anyone wants to smob then rent again or sit afk

Paj

Postby Paj » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:06 pm

Less desire to return without old Never-dead Ned at my side. Mob usage was a tactic always taken into account by both sides. Masters were always considered a +1. And getting rid of a mastermob was easy enough by snagging it on mobs and targeting. If it was OP it was downed over time.

I'd say I did same as Gretchen. Smobbed with it until more people came about. Was a good way to give back Smob EQ to the barrels, try out tactics, burn qps, have a laugh.

Bring back old master mobs. Remove BASH from mobs if They need downed for PK. They removed PICK a while back. Unsure about SEARCH. Everything else with mastermobs was good for a laugh when bored/no-action on non-master.

As far as smobs and master mobs, Last I saw Aylia's room had anti-mob code. Very cruel code. Horrible way to lose QPs. If there is anti-mob code then it shouldn't be no-flee. Maybe way to not allow mobs to walk back into anti-mob rooms without master.

Just thoughts to keep game fun, should I return.

Spyder

Postby Spyder » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 pm

Fermin wrote:Feel like the smob qp rewards are probably the bigger issue that will lead to decline. QP's lead to PK bonuses - pretty sure QP should come from PK 90%+ (not the other way around).

If you are getting 15 qps a day from smobbing - thats 70 days of playing to go from 0 qp to rank 7 - seems crazy.

I agree with the return of master mobs, even if you can only use a certain type (looking at us here remorts). The new ones arent worth the time going to tkd to issue a frail grandma with a calcium deficiency and expecting it to hold up to players dealing 6d6+ damage ranges. LOL

Let's start to face some facts that the new master mobs while a great amount of effort may have been put into creating them are utter and complete garbage and a waste of time issuing. I wont knock the time and effort that was put in but I can't help feel like this is change that has been made by someone who honestly doesn't grasp how pk, particularly northern dynamics work.

From my own personal experiences playing as an Australian on Darkside. During my peak times its been Darth afk wellguarding or a stater online during my peak time. So I used to smob with the old mobs , fill my chest for the clans i was a part of and stack gear in places for others to use during pk None of that seems worth a shit anymore because of the piss poor loads on smobs and the amount of wasted effort playing a multiplayer game from a quiet timeslot when no one actually plays the side to take advantage of it. The time and effort required has increased significantly with the change in mobs, frankly to a personally unjustifiable point of effort vs reward so why the fuck even bother? Has anyone bothered to pay attention to the loads on things like koi or SM or treesinger? I'd say not because theyre worthless shit. Sure i'll spend an hour of my evening getting a claymore, ebonies and a halberd.

What a score.

The addition to Lockshear bulk patties and channeling mobs was possibly one of the stupidest things I've seen done here in the 15 years i've frequented wotmud. Dark side has limited ways of making substantial coin which now has larger value due to the addiction of resets for gold. One of the main sources of that coin was turned into a clusterfucker of channeling mobs and patties that chase faster than most of the players in this game.(thanks for that...)

I'm sure someone (addict) here will come back with "stat a rogue and kill troopers" which is fucking silly anyway. Not everyone has the time to sink into leveling another character purely to make coin.

Back on track now ....

My play times pk is virtually non existent for maybe Isabel, Ahri and a few others some of which wont leave a city without a bonded gaidin (yes im looking at you zangslayer). it gets boring as fuck fighting the same people time after time after time. Let's be honest here too. We all know who the same 6-10 players are that frequent the game at that time of day. We all mostly know each others alts and it isn't hard to pick you out using half a brain.At least with a mob I can fight multiples when they all finally come out to play at once. Instead it leaves me, razhaks, rigs, jasters all in a position of "do we stay knowing we will lose if we hit them or wait for 20 minutes for a hit that will never come". With master mobs we could force the pk to happen rather than these waste of time stalemates.

At this point the game is boring as fuck on ds so why waste the time playing there. Even I myself find I spent a significantly less amount of my time on my preferred side of DS. Due to LS being its easier to get same-side pk than it is to get someone to fight up north during my peak times. Does that not seem wrong to any of you? Since when should same side be the driving force of pk in a game where you have to OPPOSING sides both ideologically and coded.

Perhaps at this point I'm jaded as to how i feel about the consistent addition of things to do on ls but ds regularly gets left in the dust of late. From the addition of brokers, auction houses, guilds, this sleep well and wake eq storage bullshit (which ds begged and pleaded with our immortal to be given the same to make it fair) All the quests as well?

And ill scream at the top of my lungs to the end of time that you should not be obtaining pk bonuses (QP accumulation) from anything other than risky quests like city heads or from player scalp QPs.

IF YOU REMOVE PEOPLES INCENTIVE OR REQUIREMENTS TO PK YOU DESTROY PART OF THE COMMUNITY THAT DOES THOSE THINGS.

I see it everyday where people would rather do those fucking joke heralds for qps than risk their pretty eq fighting something that could kill them or they might better themselves as a player. Less qps for smobs and more emphasis places on creating a good pk atmosphere. RP didnt make this place what it is and should be. Death and fear of it has, this used to be a cutthroat mud, now you have players cowering in clan rooms or abusing noquit rent when things get tough.

So much for a cutthroat mud, fucking Smufs more like it.

For an experiment ill log on DS at my peak times and give people and idea of the wholist because its a fucking joke.

Spyder

Postby Spyder » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:58 pm

isabel wrote:Didn't read Rig's post except the first couple lines which were totally inaccurate. A bunch of us hit Zangief inside keep and he killed everyone by himself in that zone - this was after he had been yelling about how much he misse dmob lead bla bla and how pk would have been going on if he only had that. And it was a lot of fun.

This made me laugh, I do this to your posts a lot.

Baal

Postby Baal » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Been watching this conversation for a couple days and am going to echo some points that were made.

Like Spyder, I appreciate the effort that the imms put into the new mastermobs. I also agree that they are utterly useless.

Yes, there was a problem where some masters would abuse their use and have them even when they weren't needed, but their removal has taken more from the game than it has given.

There is no more ebb and flow to pk, because you can't sustain against numbers. To those who ask if those fewer numbers should be able to hold 2x as many players, the answer is yes, because if they can't - as some have said - pk ends. Pk isn't that easy to find sometimes, and for those with less playtime, being able to log on and join into an existing pk session is what keeps the game active. If they log on and nothing is happening (which is most days), they'll just log off again. On DS especially, it's been a recipe for disaster. With no pk and with people logging off they can't smob either.

This drives some people away and the others to ls, which only exacerbates the issue. You can't even narrate that you found pk - it's like ants to a lollipop and dead in ten minutes. Rarely even worth alting anymore to try and balance it out.

Smobbing with a group is all well and good if you can find a group - but it is really hard to find a group these days. As Edard said - if you start with one person and a mob you can let others hop in. It's bad enough that almost nobody narrates when smobbing because they're paranoid about getting jumped by samesiders.

Mobs brought an extra dynamic that was more challenging, but in a fun way.

Bring the old mobs back and explore a different way of trying to balance it - removing bash seems like a good thing to start with.

isabel

Postby isabel » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:22 pm

Spyder wrote:
isabel wrote:Didn't read Rig's post except the first couple lines which were totally inaccurate. A bunch of us hit Zangief inside keep and he killed everyone by himself in that zone - this was after he had been yelling about how much he misse dmob lead bla bla and how pk would have been going on if he only had that. And it was a lot of fun.

This made me laugh, I do this to your posts a lot.

Sorry, I didn't mean the parts where he is talking about you, but the parts where some of you bring this kind of LS-bashy anger in:

I see it everyday where people would rather do those fucking joke heralds for qps than risk their pretty eq fighting something that could kill them or they might better themselves as a player.

I don't like or agree with a lot of what some of you say or do - but as you said, it's the same 6-7 players who play around that time. We could actually have a lot of pk even with the few on if we stopped thinking in this "xyz person is so attached to text eq, and i am the only badass person around who will hit inside cities". I am also guilty of negative attitudes too - after I saw the Ahri afk log I had zero interest in pking jaster or rig or the others involved because I felt that was just a disservice to the game/community. But really it's on us to cooperate even minimally - show some basic respect like understand that people have RL stuff or link stuff or even that sometimes people get annoyed about dying in a silly way, and we - players who are in Australia/India/this side of the world could set some group pk times - and have a lot of fun on this game.

Rark

Postby Rark » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:32 pm

Think you're overreacting, the people who wouldn't fight blight 3v6 probably wouldn't fight 3v6 wtih a mob either. To the australians, leave your huge spider infested country if you want to mud, your country sucks and won't advance in the world cup!

Return to “Player's Lounge”