attitudes and expectations

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rhys

Re: attitudes and expectations

Postby Rhys » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:22 pm

Jestin wrote:I don't really play much anymore but in the interests of hopefully contributing something:

These two mentalities do not need to be mutually exclusive. You can both be mindful of other people's fun and take it less personally when bad things happen to you. We all should be striving to do both, not just one or the other.

As others mentioned, killing people afk/ld is a great example of not being mindful of other people's fun. Honestly I don't think it's much fun for either side. It really is almost a lose/lose situation. You kill any potential pk, kill any future pk, piss someone off, waste time returning/not returning, waste time on forums arguing about things, etc. Just not a productive or fun use of anyone's time in any way.

At the same time, developing an attitude where you get angry and hurt that you were killed AFK/LD is also not constructive. This is a game you play for escape from the real world for fun and enjoyment, there is no need to let it get to you.

We really should try to do both and stop arguing about which one is better - both are good.

+1

ecthus

Postby ecthus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Kryyg wrote:Lykan has my forum password and the passwords of every gaidin. He no votes and yes votes as a block. It is known.

No I don't.

Atlan

Postby Atlan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:46 pm

ecthus wrote:
Kryyg wrote:Lykan has my forum password and the passwords of every gaidin. He no votes and yes votes as a block. It is known.

No I don't.

Right? I wouldn't do that, even if I did have them.

Drakmyr

Postby Drakmyr » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:01 pm

too many NiceGuys on this mud who flip the fuck out when things don't go their way. for example: when i told kryyg i wouldn't let him blow me he shadow warranted my alt.

Gawaer

Postby Gawaer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 pm

Drakmyr wrote:too many NiceGuys on this mud who flip the fuck out when things don't go their way. for example: when i told kryyg i wouldn't let him blow me he shadow warranted my alt.

That's weird you wouldn't let him.

Astolfo

Postby Astolfo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:57 pm

Atlan wrote:
ecthus wrote:

No I don't.

Right? I wouldn't do that, even if I did have them.

I gave him mine and Davor's passwords. Pretty sure I emailed him Seaster's too.

Paj

Postby Paj » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:51 pm

Khahliana wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone actually play in a style specifically for the enjoyment of the rest of the players rather than themselves?

I play exclusively to see others enjoy the game. XP to make my char better able to help others. Gather gear to give to others. Get gear to be able to better get gear for others. Unfortunately my emotions get caught up in it because I know there are people on the other side of that character. I’ll fix that, thanks.

Return to “Player's Lounge”