Well done CoL

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Kryzen

Re: Well done CoL

Postby Kryzen » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:40 pm

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full > Plains Near a Forest
[ obvious exits: E S ]
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving >>east>>
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving east.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
A cute brown deer eyes you nervously.
An antelope blends into the scenery.
An Imperial Army soldier stands here.
An Imperial Army soldier stands here.
An Imperial Army captain stands here.
A draft horse is here.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full > You attempt to hide yourself.

You silently approach your victim...

-TICK IN 5 SECONDS.

An Imperial Army soldier makes a strange sound as you place a curved clear dagger in his back!
This session you've landed 1482 out of 2850 stabs (52% landed)
Since 6/7/2018 you've landed 1482 out of 2850 stabs (52% landed)
An Imperial Army soldier is dead! R.I.P.
Blood never gets boring, does it?
Your blood freezes as you hear an Imperial Army soldier's death cry.
An Imperial Army soldier stops following an Imperial Army captain.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full > hide
Backstab h.imperial
You attempt to hide yourself.

-
An antelope leaves east.

An Imperial Army soldier makes a strange sound as you place a curved clear dagger in his back!
This session you've landed 1484 out of 2852 stabs (52% landed)
Since 6/7/2018 you've landed 1484 out of 2852 stabs (52% landed)
An Imperial Army soldier is mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Fresh - an Imperial Army soldier: Incapacitated > hide

You pierce an Imperial Army soldier's right hand into bloody fragments!
An Imperial Army soldier is dead! R.I.P.
Blood never gets boring, does it?
Your blood freezes as you hear an Imperial Army soldier's death cry.
An Imperial Army soldier stops following an Imperial Army captain.

Backstab h.imperial
* S HP:Scratched MV:Fresh > You attempt to hide yourself.

An Imperial Army captain makes a strange sound as you place a curved clear dagger in his back!
This session you've landed 1486 out of 2856 stabs (52% landed)
Since 6/7/2018 you've landed 1486 out of 2856 stabs (52% landed)

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full - an Imperial Army captain: Beaten > she dagger
wield club
bash

An Imperial Army captain barely tickles your body with his slash.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full - an Imperial Army captain: Beaten > You sheath a curved clear dagger into a gator skin bracer.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full - an Imperial Army captain: Beaten > You wield a silver-banded war mallet with both hands.

= ull - an Imperial Army captain: Beaten >
An Imperial Army captain tickles your head with his slash.

=
Your bash at an Imperial Army captain sends him sprawling!
This session you've landed 4664 out of 7868 bashes (59% landed)
Since 6/7/2018 you've landed 4664 out of 7868 bashes (59% landed)

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full - an Imperial Army captain: Critical >
You pound an Imperial Army captain's left leg into bloody fragments!

You pound an Imperial Army captain's body into bloody fragments!

An Imperial Army captain barely tickles your head with his slash.
You pound an Imperial Army captain's body into bloody fragments!
An Imperial Army captain is dead! R.I.P.
Still better. Experience pays off.
Your blood freezes as you hear an Imperial Army captain's death cry.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full > rem club
draw dagger
You stop using a silver-banded war mallet.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full > You try to quietly draw a curved clear dagger from a gator skin bracer.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full > scalp corpse
You lean over and cut the bloody scalp from the corpse of an Imperial Army captain.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full > drop scalp
You drop the death scalp of an Imperial Army captain slain in Altara.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full > she dagger
wield club
You sheath a curved clear dagger into a gator skin bracer.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full > You wield a silver-banded war mallet with both hands.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Full >
A Child of Light soldier now follows a Child of the Light Hundredman.
A Child of Light soldier now follows a Child of the Light Hundredman.
A Child of Light soldier is now a member of a Child of the Light Hundredman's group.
A Child of Light soldier is now a member of a Child of the Light Hundredman's group.

Help help, we're all being oppressed.

Valken

Postby Valken » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:53 pm

Have to say you're overreacting a bit to claim the game is unplayable or has balance issues over CoL having some patties off the beaten path. You seem to know where they are so don't go into those specific rooms? While WB is a bit annoying to be CoL, as soon as it's actually made CTF I don't see an issue. Remember that while a ton of people are wanted by CoL, most CoL that will attempt to serve your warrant are blanket warrant across most the mud, so while it may be frustrating they can run to several available patties for support, you can run to several cities full of mobs to support you.

I really love everything the IMMs are doing and it's the reason I'm kicking around again, excited for round 2 of the wars, hopefully with pks being more meaningful than general hits but either way it's been great.

isabel

Postby isabel » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Also, isn't the point of this 1-month break that you can give your feedback to the imms regarding balance issues? It sounds like you have thoughts on how the last round played out, and you could share the implications/consequences as you see it to them to consider. I don't always agree with the imms' decisions, but I do think they give the players a fair hearing (on LS at least - can't comment on other sides) and I think they specifically asked for feedback from active players.

Also, remember that the greatness of the hero is measured by the greatness of the enemy - the mightier the CoL grow, the more glorious will be the alliance that brings about their fall :twisted: This has actually created a situation where RP could/will impact PK directly - can nations find common ground in the face of the rise of one arrogant faction? How many defeats will be needed before they put generations differences aside? ***cue dramatic music*** :twisted:

Paigey

Postby Paigey » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 pm

The CoL activity/recruiting was A+.

That said - move the generals out of the cities. Alleviates the question of city balance. You want to go to war, your general must take the field!

Perhaps allow the clans to decide if they want to take an offensive or defensive posture - place your general entrance close/closer to enemy territory verse being in just the zone outside their city. Gives people a patrol in a location they previously would not have had a patrol - potentially in there enemy's territory.

Reevaluate whether people should be able to scan where from the barracks.

The scoring/PK/scalp stuff - I don't know. Active clans are always going to win and there's a tendency for people who don't want to be in a war to just not show up. The scoring so far has for the most part been incredibly general dependent.

Naerin

Postby Naerin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:47 pm

I'm not active and don't really see it in my future, so feel free to disregard - but just looking at the scoring, does it seem odd to anyone else that the PK scoring was pretty equal, but in every war the CoL won, they won it through general scalp turnins?

Someone else mentioned this a while back, but if you're an active clan in a war, the smart thing is to declare war on as many clans as you can manage at once - since almost all of the scoring is through smobbing, you'll probably win most wars if your enemy clans have to split up the times they can hit your general, while you can hit their generals whenever you have the numbers without any competition.

Also, WB is probably a pain because it's WB. It was a pain when it was DS for a while too. Just comes with the territory of being in the center of the map with connections to everything else and a common regroup for smobbing, PKing - on top of having one of the most frustrating to fight against mobcalls in the game.

Merrick

Postby Merrick » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:38 pm

PK turnins being even due to a number of factors.

Against Eagles/Andor, every man and his dog joined in. And only people from that clan are eligible for war points.

This is the reason for my jibe in this thread about 4-5 Red Eagles squires that have not been clanned since the war ended. We clanned new Children during the war. Had we fought a ridiculous proxy war as the others did things would have been far more skewed.

Razhak

Postby Razhak » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Ahhh it warms my heart..

Just like regular smobbing, warsmobbing has come full circle.

First Everyone thinks it is greater then sliced bread. Then people start Getting into a fight over the spoils :P

Return to “Player's Lounge”