Unique's list?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
fiddler

Re: Unique's list?

Postby fiddler » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:04 pm

That wasn't the comparison being made in aishana's post. I was comparing the two she said.

Aishana wrote:I don't hate fades :P. I hate bonuses on bonuses on bonuses. Justice on a hunter...fine it's a little nutty but 1.5x dmg in and of itself is not that terrible. Now put it on a zerk gaidin master....20 more ob, zerk attack, multi bash multi hit. 1.5x becomes a lot more than that because math/multiplicative bonuses. Similar case for fades.

as well as the fade having zero defense using malf versus the warder in heavy combo using justice.

Are fades stupid strong? Yes. But don't compare apples to oranges.

Aishana

Postby Aishana » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:10 pm

It wasn't a comparison at all in the first place. Jesus Christ they both have stacking bonuses that was the entire point of my post. Do you seriously think I am that much of an idiot that I can't tell the difference between a fade and a warder? Learn to read and comprehend without trying to find some bullshit to argue with that isn't remotely relevant to what I'm talking about.

Jaster

Postby Jaster » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:18 pm

What are you even talking about fiddler. Fades are stronger than warders. They have +10% bash built into the remort character. So if you couple that with being able to practice the weapon and bash to 99% gets you to an abnormal advantage vs. the warder. To take it a step further you will have postures that the warder also has. HOWEVER, fade postures are 1.8D and add more Ob on offensive giving you leaps and bounds more bonuses than the warder. I think at this point we have established that the fade is far superior to the warder in offensive bonuses BUT, no one even thought to mention being to issue horse equipment. This gives you such a distance advantage in chasing that the warder just cannot compete. I would bring up auto track but with your chase script turned on, who would need to look at the tracks. At this point I would think the argument was won, but, to seal the deal I will add the final bonus which makes you the most absurd being to the mud when wielding malf! You spent about 20X more time and effort getting to this point than the warder did which gives you a distinct pk experience bonus that trumps the warder who smobbed ragnor and iomm to master. Please do not post anymore so I can refrain from exploiting even more of our bonuses :(

Eol

Postby Eol » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:23 pm

I'm sorry, but all this hub-bub is just ridiculous. The ultimate Justice Sin has always been allowing Justice to land in southwestern PK or in the hands of a Seanchan. All other transgressions are forgivable.

fiddler

Postby fiddler » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:29 pm

RIP Tekela quaffing a Tinful

Jaster

Postby Jaster » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:32 pm

fiddler wrote:RIP Tekela quaffing a Tinful

If there is no log it never happened.

isabel

Postby isabel » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:53 pm

To bring this back from the 'are fades better than warders' debate, there seems consensus on regulars wielding the weapons being desirable. What if:

Imms - you guys make Justice abs

Side leaders - you post ToL and ToD announcements saying 'Justice/Malf is for the young and valiant to prove themselves. Masters/Remorts/Gaidin should not wield these weapons as the excessive damage would cause imbalance to the world (OOC code for: Kill pk).

Side leaders have able to enforce things like horse stab, same side scalping, etc

LS could do this by just having the announcement signed by the Councils of major clans. Everybody I've spoken to on LS agrees with this.

Rhys

Postby Rhys » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:11 am

Rig wrote:First, make Justice 2 handed. Remove 10 pb, up weight to 18.2 lbs like malf.

(I also like the idea to move Justice load to SG and Malf load to Illian)

+1

On another note: I've done countless hits where all interested parties rolled dice for Justice at the end. If you're helping someone hit and you're interested in getting in on it, considering asking the leader if they're ok with you rolling dice for it. Maybe you could offer them 2 dice rolls for gathering the items/leading, so that they are still rewarded for leading while giving other interested/contributing parties a shot at it too.

Spyder

Postby Spyder » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:26 am

isabel wrote:To bring this back from the 'are fades better than warders' debate, there seems consensus on regulars wielding the weapons being desirable. What if:

Imms - you guys make Justice abs

Side leaders - you post ToL and ToD announcements saying 'Justice/Malf is for the young and valiant to prove themselves. Masters/Remorts/Gaidin should not wield these weapons as the excessive damage would cause imbalance to the world (OOC code for: Kill pk).

Side leaders have able to enforce things like horse stab, same side scalping, etc

LS could do this by just having the announcement signed by the Councils of major clans. Everybody I've spoken to on LS agrees with this.

While I believe that this solution would work under the DS hierarchy. I think you might be kidding yourself if you think LS will do it.

Spyder

Postby Spyder » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:27 am

Jaster wrote:What are you even talking about fiddler. Fades are stronger than warders. They have +10% bash built into the remort character. So if you couple that with being able to practice the weapon and bash to 99% gets you to an abnormal advantage vs. the warder. To take it a step further you will have postures that the warder also has. HOWEVER, fade postures are 1.8D and add more Ob on offensive giving you leaps and bounds more bonuses than the warder. I think at this point we have established that the fade is far superior to the warder in offensive bonuses BUT, no one even thought to mention being to issue horse equipment. This gives you such a distance advantage in chasing that the warder just cannot compete. I would bring up auto track but with your chase script turned on, who would need to look at the tracks. At this point I would think the argument was won, but, to seal the deal I will add the final bonus which makes you the most absurd being to the mud when wielding malf! You spent about 20X more time and effort getting to this point than the warder did which gives you a distinct pk experience bonus that trumps the warder who smobbed ragnor and iomm to master. Please do not post anymore so I can refrain from exploiting even more of our bonuses :(

FOFY bruhhhh

Return to “Player's Lounge”