Unique's list?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
isabel

Re: Unique's list?

Postby isabel » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:32 am

Spyder, I trust your judgement about DS and am happy to hear that in your opinion they will go along with this.

I trust my judgement about LS and look forward to making this happen from our side :)

Spyder

Postby Spyder » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:40 am

Oh I dont know if they would go along with it at all. I suspect you will be denied.

My point was more that, the way DS works makes commands like this even possible. I do not believe LS is structured correctly to do such a thing.

Rig

Postby Rig » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:49 am

As I said before, making both sides say "lol ur masters and remorts/Gaidin/wolfbrothers can't wield justice and malf, sorry." is a fantasy and won't happen. Just make justice abs. Problemo solved.

Razhak

Postby Razhak » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:33 am

I will not enforce this on DS.

Why not? Because it is a fantasy to think that it would be

1) be even enforcable on LS to start with.
2) I am not denying our only anti channie weapon to a part of our player base

Hope

Postby Hope » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:38 am

Make justice and malf norent like hinder weapons. Can hit it whenever, but cant keep it forever. Remove qps for turning in to stop potential abuse.

Draz

Postby Draz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:37 am

I'm kind of glad people aren't planning on enforcing this on LS - I've helped in 12 justice hits in a row where I was considered in one of the hits. That said in those hits that involved gaidin they all at least offered to roll for it. Several hits before that (all of whom were by those with chosen alts) they were specifically set up so that the people who logged on for the hit were helping for that person.

i.e. I really want to try justice again! I think I had it for a day last time.

In respect to fades vs warders - The structure of DS I felt was the biggest advantage as a fade, having fear is an incredible advantage vs warders, and bashing ability was epic, as well as autotrack. Incredible pracs, stats, and moves also help. The variety of mob lead was previously amazing.

Any decent pker can exploit how to screw with multibash. Although it is epic and fun.

Wait there are qps for turning in malf and justice?

The problem with that is with the current playerbase some days there are just not sufficient people to hit the smob - and otherwise its super predictable when people ARE going to hit it, and due to play times, typically the same players (mostly those who already get them) will continue to get them.

Personally I totally understand for a player who either takes risks, or dies a lot (not necessarily the same thing), to want to get it a couple of times - If I get justice I fully expect to die within a day or two because I refuse to change my playstyle to try and conserve it (and then end up overcompensating and taking risks that I shouldn't). Certain pkers on the other hand don't pk without overwhelming nunbers or below hurt/wounded when they have these and it feels idiotic and they can have them for months.

I've quite enjoyed how Rhys and Yurikan played justice, Arak with Malf has been a good option, Taz takes it pretty often and is incredibly dangerous with it - but he also will take the risk of zerking occasionally if he's had it a while and dies due to that.

I believe there was a push at one point that Malfeasor would be reserved for trollocs only - that should be chosen enforceable if they choose.
Personally my experience as a fade was that if I had malfeasor and we killed someone with a good weapon people were usually happy for me to take that and give them malfeasor. It would typically happen within a day or two if I didn't die. The only time an issue arises is if a fade has malfeasor - and just takes any and everything nice from pk (a couple examples of when this happened spring to mind), continuing to wield malf.

I also see a whole lot of vitriol towards particular gaidin who play justice - and it all implies they don't take risks or only bring huge groups to pk. Yet every time I've pked with them we've been consistently outnumbered and usually they continue fighting at the sort of hps where I expect to die in the next bash.

micheal

Postby micheal » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:37 am

trolloc masters get 10? alt qps for turning in Justice - this can be done a limited amount of times, I believe it is 3 or 4? times, I forget. Don't believe there is any QPs involved in malf turn in - I guess people could make it a council quest for a couple QPs, but is nothing automatic other than the trinket drop.

Jaster

Postby Jaster » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Do not for the love of god make them no rent. Super stupid idea. More no rents items are bad

raal

Postby raal » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Might be a fun MONTHLY change to have justice / malf no rent and load in chest (at say winding commander and some new big DS patrol that isn't in a door) at reboot.

But tend to agree that the uniques that you can rent with are much more enjoyable to get.

Rig

Postby Rig » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Lost hatchet to some vulturing faggots or something, just fyi.

Return to “Player's Lounge”