war

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
hyzael

war

Postby hyzael » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:13 am

What is good for? Absolutely... ok ok you get it.. anyways, I couldn't help myself it's a classic.

Same side wars though, detracting from the DS pk by taking people away from DS to participate in same side pk. Although slightly different and enjoyable to some, I'd say the majority are not a fan. I'd much more prefer to give more incentives and quests towards the LS vs DS war system.

Make it so you can gather more quest points and promote people playing cross race more often so we can get back to the bread and butter and some fun group fights.

Thoughts? Change my mind, Discuss!

Derick

Re: war

Postby Derick » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:28 am

Yeah, the lack of qps from killing dreadlord makes it not worth the risk...especially considering the anti warder coding that makes it very difficult for a bonded to hit. Not really worth the risk unless ds starts hitting tvs.

Kryyg

Postby Kryyg » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:26 am

Dark side hits TV square almost daily.

Hope

Postby Hope » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Im not referring to jesting hitting people tvs, im referring to tvs general for the ls/ds war.

Razhak

Postby Razhak » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Put the general anyplace but in TV, but rather further north.

But otherwise, there is a DS/LS warsystem: we call it PK

No need for warsmobbing. At the moment its just the same old people hitting DS general when there is zero DSers online anyhow. It means nothing.

Naomi

Postby Naomi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:43 pm

hyzael wrote:Same side wars though, detracting from the DS pk by taking people away from DS to participate in same side pk.

Doesn't this just mean that those people who stopped participating in ds/ls pk to log into alts or participate on the war viewed the war as a more fun or more rewarding task?

Hope

Postby Hope » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Would be cool to have one general in say... Lockshear. Both sides can hit for banner. Gives 2 qps like ls war generals. Boom. Winner gets gap or something. Everyone gets qps, lots of pk.

nareyda

Postby nareyda » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:24 pm

If you don't like it, propose something else! That's how it works :D I think the ls war system is actually a lot of fun and it seems to provide me alternatives to things to do when there isn't ds pk, the problem is the ds I normally pk are now playing their ls clan members to support that cause. I would much rather promote cross race pk than same side. I will say, I like the lockshear idea. I think there should be a darkside general in orchard and a lightside general on southern winding. make them a fort made of 5-6 rooms with a door, and load them with mobs. You have to clear the fort. Simple as that.

I think what players really want is quest points, unique or rare items, and something dynamic that changes and throws curve balls i.e. "a seanchan war ship has mysteriously been sighted crashed in the forested borderlands, an experiment with the damane gone awry. Their general is still held up inside, for bonus points you must vanquish them as soon as possible. Give a weeks notice, and the first group to do it the most would have the option to hit it for rare equ that day or for x hours, etc. so lots of pk and lots of opportunity to get rare or unique gear. I don't know, I'm just trying to give the people what they want :lol: you come up with some ideas!

Elysia

Postby Elysia » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:37 pm

The first round of LS vs DS war isn't even over yet, so you are way too early for evaluating that. Also, there's a way to get qps from LS vs DS, it's called pk. The racewar will always be driven primarily by pk. The war system will just allow players to manipulate the stage incrementally.

As for LS vs LS wars, even though a new cycle started 2 weeks ago, there are no declarations. Probably because there are few conflicts, let alone conflicts that have escalated to the point of war. It was to be expected that there would be a few wars as the whole thing kicked off, to finish things that had gotten started before. However, I don't expect there to be permanent LS vs LS wars. Again, the idea is to let them function as a way to resolve things that previously took years and one side being the bigger person and approaching the other about peace, it wasn't designed to let LS fall into perma-war.

Razhak

Postby Razhak » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Naomi wrote:
hyzael wrote:Same side wars though, detracting from the DS pk by taking people away from DS to participate in same side pk.

Doesn't this just mean that those people who stopped participating in ds/ls pk to log into alts or participate on the war viewed the war as a more fun or more rewarding task?

No, most of them they just set out to rack in easy qps for their alts, which they then after mastering/etc turn back to the north to play there with additional bonusses.

Return to “Player's Lounge”