war

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Naomi

Re: war

Postby Naomi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Razhak wrote:
Naomi wrote:
hyzael wrote:Same side wars though, detracting from the DS pk by taking people away from DS to participate in same side pk.

Doesn't this just mean that those people who stopped participating in ds/ls pk to log into alts or participate on the war viewed the war as a more fun or more rewarding task?

No, most of them they just set out to rack in easy qps for their alts, which they then after mastering/etc turn back to the north to play there with additional bonusses.

"Or viewed the war as a more rewarding task".

Your statement falls under that, I think.

nareyda

Postby nareyda » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:36 pm

I think raz has a point. majority of pkers looking to master will ultimately end up in the blight one way or another. That's where the real pk is pound for pound.

Spyder

Postby Spyder » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:56 pm

nareyda wrote:I think raz has a point. majority of pkers looking to master will ultimately end up in the blight one way or another. That's where the real pk is pound for pound.

Bullshit, people turn to the easiest option always. Heralds.

Rig

Postby Rig » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:30 pm

Lancers/FD have a general that is practically unused because nobody in their right mind is going to ruin their clans or their own ability to be able to pk up north. This general stuff for Ls/Ds consists of the zones dusty/winding/blands/gap/df/blight.

Makes no sense to have to go all the way to TV which is literally channeler/gaidin central. Nobody on DS cares to go into TV except for Jestin and Kryyg because that's usually the only way they can get pk.

I also agree that while it's a neat idea, it's not needed and it's not promoting DS/LS pk, which is what is needed more than some ezpz gating into TV/RK at the dead of night where the risk is essentially none.

hyzael

Postby hyzael » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 am

lets up qp rewards to 15 per head then, 7 per scalp.

keep qps to 2 qps for general hits but, winners get a new fort with 6 rooms, mob support, and if ds a flame to that point, somewhere deep into the others territory near a major city.

mm mmm good! ;)

Elysia

Postby Elysia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:31 pm

hyzael wrote:lets up qp rewards to 15 per head then, 7 per scalp.

keep qps to 2 qps for general hits but, winners get a new fort with 6 rooms, mob support, and if ds a flame to that point, somewhere deep into the others territory near a major city.

mm mmm good! ;)

No. There are enough ways to get qps as it is and pk is still one of the fastest ones. You might as well ask for master to be handed to anyone.

As for the fort, that's way too much work and has the potential of being incredibly unbalanced. E.g. think of 3 clans winning against Andor and each having a fort there, which would multiply the LS mob support without weakening Andor.

Frey

Postby Frey » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:17 pm

Spyder wrote:
nareyda wrote:I think raz has a point. majority of pkers looking to master will ultimately end up in the blight one way or another. That's where the real pk is pound for pound.

Bullshit, people turn to the easiest option always. Heralds.

Heralds might be the 'easiest' option, but if you want to earn qps and rank the fastest, pk is by far the way to go.

Also, depends on the group. If you're tower or can group with tower, (not ss, col, etc) heralds can be worth it. For those that can't, group sizes shrink significantly most of the time since half of ls tends to be tower, and heralding becomes way more dangerous. Even moreso to any that are wanted by ss/col clans that get smob reports. Vs ds. One well timed basin report and you could be screwed. All depends.

Kostyk

Postby Kostyk » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:32 am

I like the war system. As a player who has no desire to pk in the north it suits what I want from the game.

Neveyan

Postby Neveyan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:42 am

In the near 2 decades I've played war system is my favourite thing even though I have yet to participate.

nareyda

Postby nareyda » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:22 am

either way, it's neat but I wish we'd award people more for pking in the blight and not down south. down south died when ss died. That golden era is behind us I do believe, so lets look forward to promoting pk in the blight :D

Return to “Player's Lounge”