Nasty November - pre poll check

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Post Reply
Giramael
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:50 am

Nasty November - pre poll check

Post by Giramael » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:36 pm

Ok quickly threw this together. Only deliberately left out one log that I thought was more of a troll than a worthy post.

Please add any further nominations that I might have missed below and I will consider adding them to the eventual polls. You can trawl through any posts that were not marked 'nasty november' or 'log of the month' (or otherwise flagged up), provided they were posted in November. This includes going through ouch, stab etc threads and adding specific posts to be considered.

After a few days will do the polls, so act quickly if you want me to add anything in for consideration :)


Log of the month:
1st place - starring role in the winning log - 50qps & 500tps
2nd place - 25qps & 350tps
3rd place - 15qps & 250tps

http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11509 Stomper
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11485 Nognahoj
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11438 Adella
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11442 Adella
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11428 Fermin
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11383 Rig
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11374 Yaerin
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11364 Walker
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11365 Rhys

Best door fight - winning side gets 10qps & 150tps each - losers get 5qps & 150tps each - anyone left alive INSIDE the door gets additional 5qps & 150tps

http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11477 Adael
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11458 Rig
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11460 Nevaeh
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11345 Rikkus

Best crit kill - 10qps & 150tps
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11549 Razhak
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11405 Byrg (Fermin posted)
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11384 Achillies
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t= ... =50#p97793 Arjuna

Riskiest successful killing stab OR Charge - 10qps & 150tps
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11481 Asandra

Biggest fail - 5qps & 150tps
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11459 Halcyon

Biggest ouch! - 5qps & 150tps (each, to receiver of ouch! and all the dealers of the ouch!
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11463 Adella
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11452 Rig
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11397 Derick
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11381 Gnarsh
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11373 Adael
http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11351 Taz

Asandra
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 13, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Nasty November - pre poll check

Post by Asandra » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:21 pm

Fermin in 'Crit kill' is actually Byrg, Fermin only posted for him

Giramael
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:50 am

Re: Nasty November - pre poll check

Post by Giramael » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:40 pm

ok noted, thanks. At this stage the names are just a placeholder for reference, after any more additions come through and before the polls go up, I will probably add names in to make it clear who is up for awards in each case. A few of the categories will award multiple people :)

ecthus
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:11 pm

Re: Nasty November - pre poll check

Post by ecthus » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:49 pm

You can remove my log from the running :P

arjuna
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Re: Nasty November - pre poll check

Post by arjuna » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:13 pm

For consideration for the 'best crit kill' category (Posted in Rhys' Crit Kills Thread on 11/19):

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > sc
You have 15(389) hit and 110(151) movement points.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring >
z w
[diag h.dark]
No-one by that name here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > [scan ]
A gull is here flying around.
A simple man blends into the crowd of the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Hand of the Light watches for Darkfriends.
The Tear town crier stands here, spreading the news.
An Illuminator's assistant stands here carrying some colored tubes.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring >
z w
[diag h.dark]
No-one by that name here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > [scan ]
A gull is here flying around.
A simple man blends into the crowd of the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Hand of the Light watches for Darkfriends.
The Tear town crier stands here, spreading the news.
An Illuminator's assistant stands here carrying some colored tubes.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring >
z w
Melat narrates 'ds in tear'
[diag h.dark]
No-one by that name here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > [scan ]
A gull is here flying around.
A simple man blends into the crowd of the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Hand of the Light watches for Darkfriends.
The Tear town crier stands here, spreading the news.
An Illuminator's assistant stands here carrying some colored tubes.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > nar Yeah both crit
You narrate 'Yeah both crit'

look
Preparing to find this room on the map.
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > 0
Tear Banking Services
The marble ceiling, walls, roof and pillars all provide a grand background
to the bank of Tear, possibly the richest in the world. A vault can be seen
at the end of the room, guarded by iron bars holding the door in place. A
private booth, curtained for privacy, provides the place for financial
transactions. Tear is back out the doorway, beyond the westward square. A
small sign lies behind a teller's booth.
[ obvious exits: W ]

Matching room found! Correcting map position.

West: A gull is here flying around.
A well-dressed noble of Tear ambles casually in no hurry.
A banker counts several coins in a purse.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > [where ]
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Melat - A Wide Paved Street
Arjuna - Tear Banking Services

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > nar Halcyon and Byrg
not
You narrate 'Halcyon and Byrg'

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > st
You stop paying increased attention to your surroundings.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > You stop resting, and stand up.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring >
Melat narrates 'nod'

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > nar west side
You narrate 'west side'

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > st
You are already standing.

sc
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > stat
You have 29(389) hit and 110(151) movement points.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > You sit down and rest your tired bones.
You sheath a pair of moonstone hilted dirks into a camouflaged hood.

not
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > dd
You start paying increased attention to your surroundings.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > [diag h.dark]
No-one by that name here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > not
st
You stop paying increased attention to your surroundings.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > You stop resting, and stand up.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > draw dirk
You try to quietly draw a pair of moonstone hilted dirks from a camouflaged hood.
You wield a pair of moonstone hilted dirks with both hands.

st
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > w
You are already standing.

n
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > Tear Central Square
Directly facing the Stone, drooping and elegant rows of laurel trees at the
edges mark the boundary of this square, which has wide redbrick paths
leading to a permanently-flowing fountain in the center. A white marble
building to the east has its door open, with a sign engraved above the
door. To the north and west, passers-by wander by the square. A large
banner hung at the edge of the square depicts a map of the city.
[ obvious exits: N E W ]
East: A well-dressed noble of Tear ambles casually in no hurry.
West: A Defender of the Stone serves his superiors here.
The waters of a blue-veined marble fountain pour forth here.
An oil lamp, set in a steel cage, hangs from a high wooden pole.
A stout wooden barrel stands nearby.
A gull is here flying around.
A simple man blends into the crowd of the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Hand of the Light watches for Darkfriends.
The Tear town crier stands here, spreading the news.
An Illuminator's assistant stands here carrying some colored tubes.

n
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > A Wide Paved Street
Paved streets, characteristic of the inner city, go off in all directions here
except to the south, where there is a small, elegant square, surrounded by
trees and with a fountain at its center. Rows and rows of houses can be seen
far to the west, and at the end of the street to the east is a massive hall
with marble pillars. The Maule, Tear's outer city, can be reached by going
north, under an archway in the inner wall. Massive and steadfast, the Stone
looms over the entire inner city to the south.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
North: A sailor is here.
East: An old woman stands here mixing a pouch of herbs.
South: A gull is here flying around.
West: A wild stallion bucks madly.
An oil lamp, set in a steel cage, hangs from a high wooden pole.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > A Wide Paved Street
The well-worn paving stones of this inner city street are very, and
uncharacteristically, defiled. The long trails of brown mud increase
further north, where the street goes under a gateway towards the Maule, the
outer city. The inner city is further south, beyond the White Crescent to
the west. Some marks have been carved onto the side of the pole.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
North: A Tairen commoner rushes by in a hurry, trampling you underfoot.
An oil lamp, set in a steel cage, hangs from a high wooden pole.
A sailor is here.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > s
w
A Wide Paved Street
Paved streets, characteristic of the inner city, go off in all directions here
except to the south, where there is a small, elegant square, surrounded by
trees and with a fountain at its center. Rows and rows of houses can be seen
far to the west, and at the end of the street to the east is a massive hall
with marble pillars. The Maule, Tear's outer city, can be reached by going
north, under an archway in the inner wall. Massive and steadfast, the Stone
looms over the entire inner city to the south.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
North: A sailor is here.
East: An old woman stands here mixing a pouch of herbs.
South: A gull is here flying around.
West: A wild stallion bucks madly.
An oil lamp, set in a steel cage, hangs from a high wooden pole.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > n
A Wide Paved Street
Only one open doorway can be entered amidst this curving row of houses, the
White Crescent Inn to the north. The houses follow the shape of Tear's inner
city, and the silhouette of the grey-stoned inner wall, twenty spans high, can
be seen beyond the roofs. This row of houses continues further to the south,
where the wall round the inner city meets the Stone of Tear.
[ obvious exits: N E S ]
North: A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
East: A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
South: A Defender of the Stone serves his superiors here.
An oil lamp, set in a steel cage, hangs from a high wooden pole.
A wild stallion bucks madly.
A well-dressed noble of Tear ambles casually in no hurry.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > n
The White Crescent
Two wall-sized stone fireplaces with brick surrounds and beamed shelves
face each another here in the main room of the White Crescent Inn. The
tables in the corners have low-backed chairs at them, and the bar on the
far wall looks well-used and loved. A carved oak stairway leads up to the
bedrooms, which are on a long corridor facing over the street to the south.
A doorway to the west leads to the Beer Hall, a somewhat disreputable place.
[ obvious exits: S W U ]
South: A wild stallion bucks madly.
West: An old woman weaves a pattern on her loom.
Up: Cavan Lopar stands here, ready to sell lodgings.
A long wooden table offers room for patrons.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
An ink-smudged gleeman writes in his book.
A robust gleeman with a large white moustache stands here telling a tale.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > u
Alas, you cannot go that way...

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > w
w
Reception of the White Crescent
Here upstairs, a corridor leads to the bedrooms, which people rent for the
night. The back and side of the inn are set directly into the inner wall,
and sometimes the footsteps of defenders can be heard during a quiet
moment. There is a window on the side wall that watches over the vast
Haddon Mirk towards the north. The inn's main room is downstairs,
from which the sounds of music floats up the stairs most evenings.

A ledger lies on a small stand.
[ obvious exits: W D ]
Down: A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
Cavan Lopar stands here, ready to sell lodgings.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > A Brothel
Up the stairs, red lampshades sit behind the candles to give a hot, sensual
glow to the room. The gaudy, bawdy furniture, replete with goose-down
pillows and cupboards full of revealing silk dresses leave little to the
imagination, and the succession of sailors that go in and out this bedroom,
slightly poorer after the experience, though slightly happier, confirm this
place as the premier whorehouse in the city. A window overlooks the Stone's
docks, reached by leaving the inn downstairs.
[ obvious exits: E D ]
East: Cavan Lopar stands here, ready to sell lodgings.
Down: A guard warily scans those who pass through the Palisade Gate.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > d
Alas, you cannot go that way...

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > w
The Anchor Inn
One of many scruffy inns in the city, the Anchor has an unrivalled
reputation with the sailors, most of which leave both poorer and happier
than when they came in. The typical taproom scene includes drunken, raucous
sailors, singing drinking songs and gambling hard. The stairway leads to a
small room upstairs, and there is a door leading west to the Chalm.
[ obvious exits: W U ]
West: A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.
A guard warily scans those who pass through the Palisade Gate.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A man gambles away his purse.
A merchant guard eyes you warily, intent on keeping order.
A merchant guard eyes you warily, intent on keeping order.
A bartender serves customers with a greedy smile.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > A Muddy Dirt Street
The deep layer of mud on the streets surprises most visitors, and the local
inhabitants appear to have dealt with this by wearing small wooden
platforms on their shoes. Many sailors forego this footwear, shunning such
fripperies in favor of bare feet. They mostly come out of the shipyard to
the south, procuring supplies in the shop to the east then heading west for
their ships. The Chalm, Tear's warehouse area, continues to the north,
where the street takes an eastward turn towards the town center.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
North: A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
East: A guard warily scans those who pass through the Palisade Gate.
South: A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
West: *Halcyon* is standing here.
A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.
A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > z w
[scan ]
*Halcyon* is standing here.
*Byrg* is standing here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > e
The Anchor Inn
One of many scruffy inns in the city, the Anchor has an unrivalled
reputation with the sailors, most of which leave both poorer and happier
than when they came in. The typical taproom scene includes drunken, raucous
sailors, singing drinking songs and gambling hard. The stairway leads to a
small room upstairs, and there is a door leading west to the Chalm.
[ obvious exits: W U ]
West: A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.
A guard warily scans those who pass through the Palisade Gate.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
A man gambles away his purse.
A merchant guard eyes you warily, intent on keeping order.
A merchant guard eyes you warily, intent on keeping order.
A bartender serves customers with a greedy smile.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > t melat 2w anchor inn
You tell Melat '2w anchor inn'

z w
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > not
[scan ]
A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.
A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > You start paying increased attention to your surroundings.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > dd
z w
[diag h.dark]
No-one by that name here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > [scan ]
A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.
A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring >
Melat narrates 'on'

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > t melat I too crit to hit
Melat narrates 'dock'
You tell Melat 'I too crit to hit'

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > w
A Muddy Dirt Street
The deep layer of mud on the streets surprises most visitors, and the local
inhabitants appear to have dealt with this by wearing small wooden
platforms on their shoes. Many sailors forego this footwear, shunning such
fripperies in favor of bare feet. They mostly come out of the shipyard to
the south, procuring supplies in the shop to the east then heading west for
their ships. The Chalm, Tear's warehouse area, continues to the north,
where the street takes an eastward turn towards the town center.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
North: A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
East: A guard warily scans those who pass through the Palisade Gate.
South: A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.
West: A Defender of the Stone serves his superiors here.
A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.
A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > z w
kill dark
kill dark
[scan ]
A Defender of the Stone serves his superiors here.
Lord Melat Lansin al'Farath {D} is here, fighting Byrg, riding a Tairen destrier.
*Halcyon* is standing here.
*Byrg* is here, fighting Melat.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > They aren't here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > They aren't here.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > w
kill dark
kill dark
The City Docks
Wet and dark, the large flat stones of Tear's docks nevertheless provide a
firm footing for the dockmen to toss ropes to the sailors on the vessels
trying to dock. Dozens of small fishing vessels sway to the river's tides
just to the north, and to the east the tops of towers can be seen beyond
the wall of dark gray stone. The Chalm, the rough and muddy warehouse
district of Tear, nestles up to the wall in the foreground. Most dominant
of all is the Stone of Tear, banner flying in the wind. A faded sign stands
at an angle.
[ obvious exits: N E S ]
North: A large, silvery fish is gliding through the water.
East: A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.
South: Just below the surface of the water you see a cloud of finger sized fish.
A well balanced throwing spike is here, plume attached.
A length of thick rope is looped into a coil.
A Defender of the Stone serves his superiors here.
Lord Melat Lansin al'Farath {D} is sitting here, riding a Tairen destrier.
*Halcyon* is standing here.
*Byrg* is here, fighting Melat.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > not
You try to stab *Halcyon*, but he deflects the blow.

kill dark
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > kill dark
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > You stop paying increased attention to your surroundings.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > rem dirk
draw spike
throw
sheath
wi dirk

*Halcyon* tries to stab you, but you parry successfully.
You try to stab *Halcyon*, but he parries successfully.
*Byrg* blasts Melat's right leg very hard.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > You stop using a pair of moonstone hilted dirks.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > You try to quietly draw a throwing spike from a surcoat with exquisite embroidery.

You throw a throwing spike at *Halcyon*.tical >

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical >
*Halcyon* tries to stab you, but you parry successfully.
*Byrg* blasts Melat's left arm very hard.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical >
*Halcyon* panics, and attempts to flee!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > rem dirk
draw spike
throw
sheath
wi dirk

A throwing spike arcs through the air.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > You are not wielding a weapon.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > *Halcyon* deflects a throwing spike that was thrown at him.
You wield a pair of moonstone hilted dirks with both hands.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > You stop using a pair of moonstone hilted dirks.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > *Halcyon* leaves east.
You try to quietly draw a throwing spike from a set of cloth sleeves.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > *Byrg* blasts Melat's left arm into bloody fragments!
Your heartbeat calms down more as you feel less panicked.
Throw at who?

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > You sheath a throwing spike into a camouflaged hood.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > kill dark
You wield a pair of moonstone hilted dirks with both hands.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > kill dark
You barely stab *Byrg*'s right leg.

kill dark
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Beaten > You do the best you can!

rem dirk
draw spike
throw
sheath
wi dirk
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Beaten > You stab *Byrg*'s right leg.
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Beaten > You stop using a pair of moonstone hilted dirks.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Beaten > You try to quietly draw a throwing spike from a camouflaged hood.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Beaten > The fighting is too thick for you to be able to aim properly!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Beaten > You sheath a throwing spike into a camouflaged hood.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Beaten > You wield a pair of moonstone hilted dirks with both hands.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Beaten >
You barely stab *Byrg*'s right leg.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Beaten > i
You are carrying:
Nothing.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Beaten > kill dark
kill dark
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Beaten > l
You stab *Byrg*'s right arm.
Melat pounds *Byrg*'s body hard.
*Byrg* blasts Melat's head hard.
*Halcyon* tries to stab you, but you deflect the blow.
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > The City Docks
Wet and dark, the large flat stones of Tear's docks nevertheless provide a
firm footing for the dockmen to toss ropes to the sailors on the vessels
trying to dock. Dozens of small fishing vessels sway to the river's tides
just to the north, and to the east the tops of towers can be seen beyond
the wall of dark gray stone. The Chalm, the rough and muddy warehouse
district of Tear, nestles up to the wall in the foreground. Most dominant
of all is the Stone of Tear, banner flying in the wind. A faded sign stands
at an angle.
[ obvious exits: N E S ]
North: A large, silvery fish is gliding through the water.
East: A donkey wearing a patchwork blanket stands here.
South: Just below the surface of the water you see a cloud of finger sized fish.
A well balanced throwing spike is here, plume attached. [2]
A length of thick rope is looped into a coil.
*Halcyon* is here, fighting YOU!
A Defender of the Stone serves his superiors here.
Lord Melat Lansin al'Farath {D} is here, fighting Byrg, riding a Tairen destrier.
*Byrg* is here, fighting Melat.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > kill dark
kill dark
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > You stab *Byrg*'s left foot.
Melat pounds *Byrg*'s left leg hard.
*Byrg* blasts Melat's right leg.
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > kill dark
kill dark
You do the best you can!

kill dark
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > kill dark
kill dark
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > kill dark
Melat gives a Defender of the Stone an order.
A Defender of the Stone joins Melat's fight!
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > kill dark

You barely stab *Byrg*'s body.
Melat pounds *Byrg*'s body.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > kill dark
A Defender of the Stone tries to hit Halcyon, but he deflects the blow.
*Halcyon* tries to stab you, but you parry successfully.
You tickle *Byrg*'s body with your stab.
Melat pounds *Byrg*'s right leg.
You do the best you can!

kill dark
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical >
Halcyon assumes an offensive striking posture.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > kill dark
Melat gives a Defender of the Stone an order.
You do the best you can!

kill dark
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > You do the best you can!
*Byrg* sends Melat sprawling with a powerful bash!

kill dark
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > kill dark
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > You do the best you can!

kill dark
* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > kill dark
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Melat: Hurt - Byrg: Critical > kill dark

A Defender of the Stone tries to hit Halcyon, but he dodges the attack.
*Halcyon* tries to stab you, but you deflect the blow.
You tickle *Byrg*'s body with your stab.
*Byrg* is incapacitated and will slowly die, if not aided.
*Halcyon* tries to stab you, but you deflect the blow.
You stab *Byrg*'s right leg hard.
*Byrg* is dead! R.I.P.
You feel the Weave of the Wheel tighten around you.
You receive your share of experience...
Your first time! Was it good for you too?
You gain a level!
Your blood freezes as you hear *Byrg*'s death cry.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring > kill dark
You try to stab *Halcyon*, but he parries successfully.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > rem dirk
draw spike
throw
sheath
wi dirk
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > You stop using a pair of moonstone hilted dirks.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > You try to quietly draw a throwing spike from a camouflaged hood.

You throw a throwing spike at *Halcyon*.tical >

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > rem dirk
draw spike
throw
sheath
wi dirk

A throwing spike arcs through the air.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > You are not wielding a weapon.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > You wield a pair of moonstone hilted dirks with both hands.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > *Halcyon* deflects a throwing spike that was thrown at him.
A Defender of the Stone tries to hit Halcyon, but he dodges the attack.
*Halcyon* tries to stab you, but you parry successfully.
You stop using a pair of moonstone hilted dirks.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical > Halcyon assumes a defensive striking posture.
You try to quietly draw a throwing spike from a jeweled wristcuff.

*Halcyon* stabs your head into bloody fragments!
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

PANIC! You couldn't escape!
You throw a throwing spike at *Halcyon*.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical >
A throwing spike arcs through the air.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical >
Melat gives a Defender of the Stone an order.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical >
Melat gives a Defender of the Stone an order.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Halcyon: Critical >
A throwing spike rips through *Halcyon*'s guts as he collapses to the ground.
*Halcyon* is dead! R.I.P.
You feel the Weave of the Wheel tighten around you.
You receive your share of experience...
Your first time! Was it good for you too?
Your blood freezes as you hear *Halcyon*'s death cry.

ecthus
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:11 pm

Re: Nasty November - pre poll check

Post by ecthus » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:18 am

Just a thought - is there a way for the poll to have multiple votes for the "Log of the Month"? I'm thinking if there's first, second, and third place, we'll probably get a better spread if we can rank a few choices.

Giramael
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:50 am

Re: Nasty November - pre poll check

Post by Giramael » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:58 am

Will look when I set the polls, sort of doubt it. Unless I do three identical polls and label them FIRST PLACE VOTE, SECOND PLACE VOTE, ETC. That may work.

Added that log for Arjuna into the running.

Noted in regards to the Fermin log for Byrg.

jakd
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Nasty November - pre poll check

Post by jakd » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:03 am

I liked my stab on Fermin in this log. I'm wound, he's full health with a dline stab coming. Stayed to see how it goes (fully expecting to die) and it paid off. :)

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > Mountain Fortress
The entrance to the mountain fortress is enshrouded by a steel gate to the
north and a large iron door to the south. The walls once held lanterns, but
these are now shattered and the oil leaves mysterious stains on the cold grey
walls. The shredded remains of two large red banners hang from the ceiling.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
North: A trolloc is here, exhorting a group of trolloc raiders.
*Fermin* is here, fighting a Ko'bal trolloc.
A Ko'bal trolloc is here, fighting Fermin.
A rat scurries around trying to get out of sight.
A Ko'bal trolloc is here, fighting Fermin.
A Ko'bal trolloc is here, fighting Fermin.
A trolloc is here, exhorting a group of trolloc raiders.
A trolloc is here, exhorting a group of trolloc raiders.
A trolloc is here, exhorting a group of trolloc raiders.
A trolloc is here, exhorting a group of trolloc raiders.
An Elite Ko'bal guard stands here, protecting his master.
An Elite Ko'bal guard stands here, protecting his master.

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > You try to stab *Fermin*, but he deflects the blow.

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a Ko'bal trolloc: Healthy - Fermin: Healthy >
You try to stab *Fermin*, but he deflects the blow.
A Ko'bal trolloc tries to hack Fermin, but he dodges the attack.
A Ko'bal trolloc tries to pierce Fermin, but he dodges the attack.
A Ko'bal trolloc tries to crush Fermin, but he parries successfully.

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a Ko'bal trolloc: Healthy - Fermin: Healthy >
*Fermin* swiftly dodges your attempt to stab him.

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a Ko'bal trolloc: Healthy - Fermin: Healthy > snif
A slobbering, hoarding trolloc has arrived from the north.
A Ko'bal trolloc has arrived from the north.
You sniff sadly. *SNIFF*

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a Ko'bal trolloc: Healthy - Fermin: Healthy >
A slobbering, hoarding trolloc says 'You Fermin!!! You will die before your time!! '

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a Ko'bal trolloc: Healthy - Fermin: Healthy >
*Fermin* panics, and attempts to flee!

l fermin
o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a Ko'bal trolloc: Healthy - Fermin: Healthy >

His face is covered in scars and obscured by a dark hood.

Fermin is in excellent condition.

*Fermin* is using:
<worn on head> a camouflaged hood
<worn around neck> a shimmering pendant of obsidian
<worn around neck> a shimmering pendant of obsidian
<worn about body> a bright red robe
<slung on back> a bag containing family keepsakes
<worn on hands> a pair of dark gloves
<worn around wrist> a silver Kandori wristcuff
<worn around wrist> a silver Kandori wristcuff
<wielded two-handed> a pair of moonstone hilted dirks
<worn on legs> a pair of earthen colored breeches
<worn on feet> a black pair of silver-tooled boots

You attempt to peek at the inventory:
a finely-tailored white shirt

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a Ko'bal trolloc: Healthy - Fermin: Healthy >
You try to stab *Fermin*, but he deflects the blow.
A Ko'bal trolloc tries to hack Fermin, but he parries successfully.
A Ko'bal trolloc tries to pierce Fermin, but he deflects the blow.
Fermin swiftly dodges a Ko'bal trolloc's attempt to crush him.

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong - a Ko'bal trolloc: Healthy - Fermin: Healthy >
*Fermin* leaves south.

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > n
hide
bac h.human
A Wide Corridor
The polished stone floor brilliantly reflects the light brought upon by several
burning lanterns affixed to the finely crafted grey stone walls. A small banner
hangs suspended high above the floor, its tassles slowly ruffling as a gentle
breeze makes its way throughout the corridor. With the breeze comes the various
stale odors of sweat and lamp oil, each trying to overpower the other but yet
each maintaining its own identity so as not to be mistaken. Metallic sounds are
heard coming from the north while small doorways lead both to the east and
west.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
North: A trolloc is here, exhorting a group of trolloc raiders.
East: A trolloc is here, exhorting a group of trolloc raiders.
South: A trolloc is here, exhorting a group of trolloc raiders.
West: A trolloc is here, exhorting a group of trolloc raiders.
A trolloc is here, exhorting a group of trolloc raiders.

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > You attempt to hide yourself.

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > Backstab who?

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > bac h.human
Backstab who?

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > bac h.human
Backstab who?

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > bac h.human
Backstab who?

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > bac h.human

*Fermin* has arrived from the south.
A rat has arrived from the south.

You silently approach your victim...

+
The silence is broken by the howl of the Ko'bal warcry!



*Fermin* makes a strange sound as you place a pair of moonstone hilted dirks in his back!
*Fermin* is dead! R.I.P.
You feel the Weave of the Wheel tighten around you.
Three times is the charm!
Your blood freezes as you hear *Fermin*'s death cry.

o S HP:Wounded MV:Strong > nar rip
v
You narrate 'rip'

o S HP:Wounded MV:Full > nar fermin
[take all corpse]
You get a finely-tailored white shirt from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a black pair of silver-tooled boots from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a pair of earthen colored breeches from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a belt of overlapping obsidian plates from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a pair of moonstone hilted dirks from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a silver Kandori wristcuff from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a silver Kandori wristcuff from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a pair of dark gloves from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a set of cloth sleeves from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a bag containing family keepsakes from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a bright red robe from the corpse of Fermin.
a leather cuirass: You can't take that!
You get a shimmering pendant of obsidian from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a shimmering pendant of obsidian from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a camouflaged hood from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a gold ring from the corpse of Fermin.
You get a gold ring from the corpse of Fermin.

o S HP:Wounded MV:Full > sca
You narrate 'fermin'

Fermin
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:16 pm

Re: Nasty November - pre poll check

Post by Fermin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Should put in my clumsy on you at wounded just before getting blicked, really illustrates the horrid mistress that is backstab. :)

jakd
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Nasty November - pre poll check

Post by jakd » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:03 pm

Yes, this is true Fermin... It's very frustrating at times! :)

Post Reply