Fail!

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Zarth
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: Fail!

Postby Zarth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Hey, let's go into a zone stacked with human friendly mobs when we're already outnumbered. I'm sure that's a great plan and will lead us to victory. DS should never use stedding, use 1s x instead.

Auriona
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: Fail!

Postby Auriona » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Zarth what?

Zarth
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: Fail!

Postby Zarth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:01 pm

Elokar posted that DS should use stedding more. I posted that DS should never use stedding because it is a terrible zone for DS. If the no channel feature of the zone would actually help win then use 1s x, which is also a no channel and doesn't have a fuck ton of aggro mobs.

If numbers are even and LS has enough channelers to make it difficult to stay blight then it is exceedingly unlikely they'll actually hit stedding. If LS will hit stedding then the numbers are probably already in LS's favor and the channelers just make it impossible to make a stand blight. In this case why should DS go to a zone where the mob support is both minimal(at best 3 terrible trees in a room) and surrounded by a ton of LS friendly mobs?

At least 1s x can be used to catch groups going in and out + when you have to flee because you lost to their numbers you dont' have to run past a ton of aggros.

Maegon
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:15 am

Re: Fail!

Postby Maegon » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:08 pm

Woof.

* R HP:Scratched SP:Strong MV:Strong - Andarist: Battered - Intimadator: Wounded > The Towering Trees
Sickly plants of black quiver at your feet while gnarled branches loom high
above. The sky is filled with dark rolling clouds that seem to be descending
upon the grove. There is an unusually large oak to the west, and there seems
to be a clearing to the east.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
The corpse of the angry tree is lying here. [3]
*Asharek* is here, fighting Suern.
Lord Terinor Lavalle, Crimson Fire is here, fighting Intimadator, riding a bloodstock stallion.
Suern Atar is here, fighting Lykan, riding a warhorse.
A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze, being ridden by you.
Lord Koagan Sworn to Death is here, fighting Lykan, riding a warhorse.
*Darth* is here, fighting Andarist.
*Intimadator* is here, fighting Andarist mending a weapon.
A Ko'bal trolloc is here, fighting YOU!
*Lykan* is here, fighting Suern, riding a shadow stallion.
Andarist Vidikas is sitting here mending a weapon, riding a warhorse.
A Ko'bal trolloc is here, fighting Koagan.
A Ko'bal trolloc is here, fighting Andarist.
A ramshorned trolloc is here, fighting YOU!
A ramshorned trolloc is here, fighting Andarist.


Then we all died TS which was a bad choice. Also, I love aggros.

Shzrei
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 7:52 am

Re: Fail!

Postby Shzrei » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:39 pm

I think Stedding is a great choice for DS - and regularly see DS clean up there.

Just don't hit TS when you are all low and outnumbered already while the humans continue to get more and more backup.

Scorps, fog, trees and bears agro humans - vs 3-4 ogier around the place and the couple of lone wolves. None of which chase far from their rooms.

Landon
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Re: Fail!

Postby Landon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Stupid link.

* R HP:Hurt MV:Full - Ghool: Hurt > f
e

*Rig* sends Coraen sprawling with a powerful bash! <----Oh no! He was autofleeing around. Must come back.
Coraen panics, and attempts to flee!
*Sazi* panics, and attempts to flee!

e
You panic and attempt to flee!urt >

You flee head over heels.
Path to the Old Monastery
[ obvious exits: N E W ]
A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze, being ridden by you.
Path Before the Gate
[ obvious exits: E W ]
A thick, leather backpack lies abandoned here.
A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze, being ridden by you.
A young and strong buck is here, munching some grass.

* R HP:Hurt MV:Full > The Yard Before the Monastery
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
The corpse of a raven is lying here. [3]
A water skin made from dried human flesh lies here.
Crumpled up here is a fragment of parchment. [2]
A soft leather pouch has been discarded here.
A leather helmet has been dropped here.
A thin pair of leather gloves has been set here.
A hard leather breastplate has been placed upon the ground.
A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze, being ridden by you.
A sickly, skinny deer stands here in a daze.
A young leatherleaf begins to thicken with age.
A young leatherleaf begins to thicken with age.

* R HP:Hurt MV:Full > w
w
Path Before the Gate
[ obvious exits: E W ]
A thick, leather backpack lies abandoned here.
A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze, being ridden by you.
A young and strong buck is here, munching some grass.

* R HP:Hurt MV:Full > Path to the Old Monastery
[ obvious exits: N E W ]
A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Hurt MV:Full > n <---Stupid link.
kill dark
get all 1.corpse
get all 1.corpse
get all 1.corpse
get all 1.corpse
By the Deserted Well
[ obvious exits: N S ]
The corpse of Coraen is lying here.
The corpse of a rat is lying here.
A large stone well is here.
A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze, being ridden by you.
*Sazi* is standing here, riding a shadow stallion.
Eyes keen, a Domani razor stands here swishing its tail.
*Loomis* is standing here.
*Rig* is standing here.
*Ghool* is standing here.
*Eviscerator* is standing here, riding a shadow stallion.
The ancient tree is here, fighting Loomis.
The ancient tree is here, fighting Loomis.
*Rig* gets two gold crowns from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets seven copper pennys from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a leather water flask from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a pair of lissome leather boots with metal capped toes from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a pair of thick, gold-plated greaves from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a belt with a buckle of cuendillar from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets an oddly curved longsword from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a silver etched shield from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a silver Kandori wristcuff from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a silver Kandori wristcuff from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a sturdy pair of full leather gauntlets from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a pair of polished, gold-plated vambraces from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a backpack from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a bright red robe from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a tunic of finely-crafted chain from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a shimmering chain of gold from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a shimmering chain of gold from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a strange, insectoid helm from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a gold ring from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a jade signet ring from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets an oilstone from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* gets a crystal lightstick from the corpse of Coraen.
*Rig* leaves north.

* R HP:Hurt MV:Full > You try to smite *Sazi*, but he deflects the blow.
You dodge a bash from *Ghool* who loses his balance and falls!

* R HP:Hurt MV:Full - Sazi: Scratched > The corpse of Coraen seems to be empty.
*Rig* has arrived from the north.
*Loomis* pierces your right leg.

Rig
Posts: 839
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:00 pm
Location: JESUS

Re: Fail!

Postby Rig » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:01 pm

The cool part is Rig bashing

Tlade
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:39 am

Re: Fail!

Postby Tlade » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:37 pm

When you only plan to chase one room and forget 1 room away has angry people.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full > kill dark
Andarist narrates 'styg'
You slash *Styg*'s left arm hard.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full - Tran: Hurt - Styg: Critical > You do the best you can!

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full - Tran: Hurt - Styg: Critical >
*Styg* panics, and attempts to flee!

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full - Tran: Hurt - Styg: Critical >
You slash *Styg*'s head.
Carlia barely slashes *Styg*'s left leg.
Tran blasts *Styg*'s right arm very hard.
A Ko'bal trolloc barely cleaves Coraen's body.
Atlan slices *Redeyes*'s body.
*Redeyes* pierces Coraen's left leg hard.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full - Tran: Hurt - Styg: Critical >
*Styg* leaves south.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full >
Marshall hacks *Redeyes*'s right hand.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full > change mood berserk
Mood changed to: Berserk

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full > s

A ramshorned trolloc has arrived from the south.
A Ko'bal trolloc has arrived from the south.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full > kill dark
The Blighted Woods
[ obvious exits: N E S ]
Eyes keen, a Domani razor stands here swishing its tail, being ridden by you.
*Eviscerator* is standing here, riding a shadow stallion.
*Devourer* is standing here.
*Zorgruz* is standing here.
A black tree with bloated leaves sprouts from the ground, branches quivering.
A black tree with bloated leaves sprouts from the ground, branches quivering.
*Zorgruz* scythes your left hand hard.
*Devourer* blasts your body hard.

Then I died.

Mikhan
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:55 am

Re: Fail!

Postby Mikhan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Haven't really played for the last few weeks because I've had no internet...finally gave in and played on a Starbucks connection, against my better inclinations! Was ok for a few minutes, then commands starting taking 5+ seconds to go through and I froze horribly and died, of course :P


west
south
west
south
west
south

*Adael* tickles your body with his pierce.
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

*Argon* tries to blast you, but you deflect the blow.
*Tran* tries to blast you, but you deflect the blow.

You flee head over heels.
On the Hillside
This side of the hill sticks out from the other sides in one important way.
Failed to correct map position after fleeing.
Here, in the soil of the slope, grows some blue flowers! Everything in the
area around the hill looks quite dead with this brilliant exception. The
strong flowers struggle to survive the evil of the blighted forest. To the
west is the top of the hill, east one can see some dead trees, and south is
the forest.
[ obvious exits: N E W ]
A black shadow stallion paws the ground here, fiery-red eyes shining with evil, being ridden by you.
Alas, you cannot go that way...

* R HP:Critical SP:Good MV:Full > The Blighted Forest
The smell of rotting meat and decaying leaves isn't as strong in these
parts of the forest as in others. The trees stand tall but still don't seem
that old. The slightly younger trees must have withstood the evil sliding
in over the area from the north better than other vegetation. West, north
and south the forest stretches out, but east one can see an open field.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
The corpse of a rat is lying here.
A black shadow stallion paws the ground here, fiery-red eyes shining with evil, being ridden by you.
*Adael* is standing here, riding a white destrier.
*Tran* is standing here, riding a warhorse.
*Argon* is standing here, riding a warhorse.
*Tran* tries to blast you, but you parry successfully.
*someone* barely blasts your right leg.
You are mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.

HP:Incapacitated SP:Good MV:Full > You're in pretty bad shape, unable to do anything!

HP:Incapacitated SP:Good MV:Full > You are dead! Sorry...
You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.
You feel a sense of shame at your loss.
Ouch! You lose a level.
It is pitch black...
Maybe you should get on your feet first?

o HP:Critical SP:Good MV:Haggard > Maybe you should get on your feet first?

* HP:Critical SP:Good MV:Haggard > west
Your heartbeat calms down more as you feel less panicked.
Maybe you should get on your feet first?

* HP:Critical SP:Good MV:Haggard > Maybe you should get on your feet first?

* HP:Critical SP:Good MV:Haggard > Maybe you should get on your feet first?

* HP:Critical SP:Good MV:Haggard > Maybe you should get on your feet first?

* HP:Critical SP:Good MV:Haggard > Maybe you should get on your feet first?

* HP:Critical SP:Good MV:Haggard > Maybe you should get on your feet first?

Should have ran straight in when Adael showed and the connection started crapping out :(

Argon
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:35 pm

Re: Fail!

Postby Argon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:04 pm

Sorry man, ive had that happen to my link. Was an awesome fight up until that point. Tran and I both crit, you beat. I kept thinking i'd eat a flamestrike or something and rip. I had 21 hp when you died.


Return to “Art of War”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zanadu and 4 guests