Ouch! That really did HURT!

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Dixon
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:50 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Dixon » Mon May 28, 2018 3:56 pm

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full > Outside a Cave
Just east of here a darkened cave opens up, boring through the mountains.
The terrain is hilly and treacherous as it comes down from the peaks above.
There is very little vegetation to be seen. The foothills continue to the
west, where a shallow depression can be seen dipping down.
[ obvious exits: E W ]
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving west.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving east.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full >
*Jestin* has arrived from the west, riding a shadow stallion.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full >
*Jestin* tries to strike you, but you parry successfully.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full - Jestin: Scratched >
f
You can't ride in there.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full - Jestin: Scratched >
f
You can't ride in there.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full - Jestin: Scratched >
f
You can't ride in there.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full - Jestin: Scratched >
f
You can't ride in there.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full - Jestin: Scratched >
f
You can't ride in there.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full - Jestin: Scratched >
You try to slice *Jestin*, but he parries successfully.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full - Jestin: Scratched >
f
You can't ride in there.

* R HP:Beaten MV:Full - Jestin: Scratched >
f
You panic and attempt to flee!
You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.
A flash of bright red fire sent by Jestin is the last thing you ever see.
You are dead! Sorry...

Octavio
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Octavio » Mon May 28, 2018 4:26 pm

Ouch. Literally a place where there is only a 25% chance of hitting a flee into the cave and you hit it 6 times in a row.

Rig
Posts: 1557
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:00 pm
Location: JESUS

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Rig » Mon May 28, 2018 10:07 pm

The Blight
[ obvious exits: N S ]
There are some bloody traces of a human leaving ^^north^^
There are some bloody traces of a human leaving vvsouthvv
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving ^^north^^
There are some bloody traces of a trolloc leaving ^^north^^
|1|.A black shadow stallion paws the ground here, fiery-red eyes shining with evil, being ridden by you.
*Arkaza* is here, fighting Irzerk, riding a |1|.draft horse.
*Aishana* is here, fighting Grizzler, riding a |2|.gray palfrey.
*Aishana* is surrounded by a shimmering white aura!
Irzerk the Darkling Master is here, fighting Arkaza.
Raife the Sniveling Coward is here, fighting Tolveor.
Grizzler the Grizzliest Scrapper is here, fighting Tolveor mending a weapon.
A Dha'vol trolloc scouts his surroundings here.
Maligant the Grotesque Torturer is here, fighting Ragyn.
Xiric the Miserable Worm is here, fighting Ragyn.
*Tolveor* is here, fighting Raife, riding a |3|.warhorse.
*Ragyn* is here, fighting Maligant, riding a |4|.Domani razor.

* R S HP:Wounded DP:Bursting MV:Winded > You try to slash *Arkaza*, but he parries successfully.

*Aishana* throws a fireball at Irzerk, who screams in pain. Arkaza: Hurt >

=
Irzerk leaves south.

*
*Ragyn* sends Maligant sprawling with a powerful bash!
*Ragyn* sends Xiric sprawling with a powerful bash!

=
*Arkaza* tries to stab you, but you deflect the blow.
*Aishana* tries to strike Grizzler, but he parries successfully.
Raife barely stabs *Tolveor*'s head.
*Ragyn* smites Maligant's body extremely hard.
*Ragyn* smites Xiric's left leg into bloody fragments!
*Arkaza* tries to stab you, but you deflect the blow.

-
*ARKAZA* PANICS AND ATTEMPTS TO FLEE!


*Arkaza* leaves north riding a draft horse.
Grizzler sends *Tolveor* sprawling with a powerful bash!

=
They're not here anymore!

* R S HP:Wounded DP:Bursting MV:Winded >
Irzerk narrates 'i batt'

* R S HP:Wounded DP:Bursting MV:Winded > k h.human
bash
Irzerk has arrived from the south.
You try to slash *Aishana*, but she deflects the blow.

You try to slash *Aishana*, but she deflects the blow.tered - Aishana: Scratched >
Grizzler tickles *Tolveor*'s right foot with his strike.
Raife stabs *Tolveor*'s left arm.
*Ragyn* smites Maligant's left arm extremely hard.
*Ragyn* smites Xiric's body into bloody fragments!
Irzerk leaves north.
A Dha'vol trolloc scout leaves north.

-
Raife stabs *Tolveor*'s right leg.

+
Raife narrates 'tolv beat'

-
MALIGANT PANICS AND ATTEMPTS TO FLEE!
XIRIC PANICS AND ATTEMPTS TO FLEE!


Maligant leaves north.
Xiric leaves south.
Xiric has arrived from the south.

-
Grizzler strikes *Tolveor*'s left leg.
Raife barely stabs *Tolveor*'s head.


As *Aishana* avoids your bash, you topple over and fall to the ground!
This session you've missed 19 out of 54 bashes (64% landed)

* R S HP:Wounded DP:Bursting MV:Winded - Grizzler: Battered - Aishana: Scratched >
Irzerk narrates 'i beat'

* R S HP:Wounded DP:Bursting MV:Winded - Grizzler: Battered - Aishana: Scratched >
*Ragyn* tries to smite Xiric, but he parries successfully.

* R S HP:Wounded DP:Bursting MV:Winded - Grizzler: Battered - Aishana: Scratched > bash

XIRIC PANICS AND ATTEMPTS TO FLEE!

* R S HP:Wounded DP:Bursting MV:Winded - Grizzler: Battered - Aishana: Scratched >
Raife stabs *Tolveor*'s body.
*Ahri* has arrived from the north, riding a |5|.warhorse.

Irzerk narrates 'patty'sting MV:Winded - Grizzler: Battered - Aishana: Scratched >


Xiric leaves south.

-
*Tolveor* avoids being bashed by Grizzler who loses his balance and falls!

*
RAIFE PANICS AND ATTEMPTS TO FLEE!

*
A shrill piercing scream reverberates through the area.
A shrill piercing scream reverberates through the area.
Irzerk narrates 'on'
Raife leaves south.

=
You intercept *Ragyn*'s attack on your mount.
*Ragyn* tries to smite you, but you deflect the blow.


*Tolveor* tries to crush Grizzler, but he parries successfully.
*Aishana* barely strikes Grizzler's left arm.
Your body is burned by a tremendous fireball sent by *Aishana*!

-nar k, go patty

As *Aishana* avoids your bash, you topple over and fall to the ground!
This session you've missed 20 out of 55 bashes (63% landed)

* R S HP:Battered DP:Bursting MV:Winded >
GRIZZLER PANICS AND ATTEMPTS TO FLEE!

cha mood wimpy
* R S HP:Battered DP:Bursting MV:Winded > f

Ouch! That Really did HURT!

You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

PANIC! You couldn't escape!
Your body is burned by a tremendous fireball sent by *Ahri*!
Grizzler leaves north.

* R S HP:Beaten DP:Bursting MV:Winded - Ahri: Critical >
*AHRI* PANICS AND ATTEMPTS TO FLEE!

* R S HP:Beaten DP:Bursting MV:Winded - Ahri: Critical >
*Ahri* tickles your body with her strike.
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

PANIC! You couldn't escape!
*Ragyn* smites your body hard.
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

PANIC! You couldn't escape!
*Ahri* leaves south riding a warhorse.
You dodge a bash from *Ragyn* who loses his balance and falls!
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

PANIC! You couldn't escape!

* R S HP:Critical DP:Bursting MV:Winded - Ragyn: Wounded > You narrate 'k, go patty'

* R S HP:Critical DP:Bursting MV:Winded - Ragyn: Wounded > Mood changed to: Wimpy
Wimpy reset to: 200 hit points.

You panic and attempt to flee!MV:Winded - Ragyn: Wounded >


You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.
You feel a sense of shame at your loss.
A flash of bright red fire sent by Aishana is the last thing you ever see.
You are dead! Sorry...
Ouch! You lose a level.
Circle of Darkness
[ obvious exits: N E S W U D ]
A rancid slab of decaying meat lies here, covered with maggots.
A shattered arm lies in a bloody red and purple mess.
A fresh chunk of meat has been recently cut from a kill.
A revolting well bubbles with the blood of the sacrificed.
The News Board is mounted on the wall here.
A large slab of meat has been placed here. [3]

You've forgotten everything you've learned!

Ahri
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Ahri » Mon May 28, 2018 10:14 pm

*Irzerk* has arrived from the north.
*Naugrim* has arrived from the north.
Ragyn smites *Grizzler*'s body very hard.

* R HP:Battered SP:Full MV:Fresh >
*Naugrim* leaves south.

2
* R HP:Battered SP:Full MV:Fresh >
[change mood wimpy]
Mood changed to: Wimpy

2
* R HP:Battered SP:Full MV:Fresh >
*Grizzler* tries to strike Ragyn, but he deflects the blow.
A member of the Lancer cavalry joins Ragyn's fight!
A member of the Lancer cavalry joins a member of the Lancer cavalry's
fight!
A member of the Lancer cavalry joins a member of the Lancer cavalry's
fight!
A member of the Lancer cavalry joins a member of the Lancer cavalry's
fight!
Lord Kajin joins a member of the Lancer cavalry's fight!
Ragyn smites *Grizzler*'s left arm into bloody fragments!
[kill dark]
You try to strike *Grizzler*, but he parries successfully.
combat demo

* R HP:Battered SP:Full MV:Fresh - Ragyn: Wounded - Grizzler: Wounded
>
[kill dark]
You do the best you can!

* R HP:Battered SP:Full MV:Fresh - Ragyn: Wounded - Grizzler: Wounded
>
f
s
s
You panic and attempt to flee!

You flee head over heels.
Hedge Path
This is a strange spot. You can see the road to the south clearly, but
you get
the feeling that they can't see you, due to the darkness, the trees,
and most
especially, the 'gate' that blocks this path. There are signs that the
bandits
wait here to ambush travelers on the road.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
The corpse of a wild stallion is lying here.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you
.
The Dusty Road
The old road stretches west, deeper into the forest, and east, out
towards
the plains here. Around you, thorny hedges continue along the north of
the
road, blocking that direction. The way south is blocked by an
impenetrable
wall of trees. Looking around, you notice a tower to your northwest.
The
city walls of Fal Dara can be see through the trees to the south, and
looking up there is an old murder-hole strutting out over the road.
[ obvious exits: N E W ]
You notice a lantern is hidden here.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you
.
*Xiric* is standing here.
*Raife* is standing here.
*Naugrim* is standing here.
*Irzerk* is standing here.
A Shienaran scout blends into the surroundings here.

* R HP:Battered SP:Full MV:Full >
*Naugrim* tries to slash you, but you deflect the blow.
No way! You're fighting for your life!
*Irzerk* tries to blast you, but you deflect the blow.

* R HP:Battered SP:Full MV:Full - Naugrim: Healthy >

*Irzerk* blasts your body into bloody fragments!
You panic and attempt to flee!
*Naugrim* slashes your body into bloody fragments!
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!



You flee head over heels.
The Dusty Road
To the north of the road, hedges and trees merge to become one, fading
into an
impenetrable wall. The south is bordered by an almost identical wall
of trees,
which seem as if they have grown into each other. You can spot the tip
of a
tower poking up through the trees to the northwest. The road continues
to the
east and west from here.
[ obvious exits: E W ]
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you
.

f
* R HP:Critical SP:Full MV:Full >
The Dusty Road
The old road stretches west, deeper into the forest, and east, out
towards
the plains here. Around you, thorny hedges continue along the north of
the
road, blocking that direction. The way south is blocked by an
impenetrable
wall of trees. Looking around, you notice a tower to your northwest.
The
city walls of Fal Dara can be see through the trees to the south, and
looking up there is an old murder-hole strutting out over the road.
[ obvious exits: N E W ]
You notice a lantern is hidden here.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you
.
*Xiric* is standing here.
*Raife* is standing here.
*Naugrim* is standing here.
*Irzerk* is standing here.
You sense a hidden life form in the area...
*someone* blasts your body into bloody fragments!
You are mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.
You are dead! Sorry...
You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.
Ouch! You lose a level.

Ahri
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Ahri » Mon May 28, 2018 10:16 pm

That was with wvd :p

Dixon
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:50 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Dixon » Wed May 30, 2018 2:42 pm

Great game mechanics. Lose defense when your low and it doesn't show you lost defense. And then this stupid shit. QQ I'm out

Beneath a Cliff's Ledge
[ obvious exits: S W ]
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving west.
There are some tracks of a ridden mount leaving west.
A gory tuft of flesh lies abandoned on the ground.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
You sense a hidden life form in the area...
*Rig* is here, fighting a Child of Light soldier, riding a shadow stallion.
A Child of Light soldier is here, fighting Rig.
A Child of Light soldier is here, fighting Rig.
A Child of the Light Hundredman is here, fighting Rig.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Full > [k dark]
You try to scythe *Angkar*, but he parries successfully.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Full - Angkar: Wounded > [bash ]


*Rig* scythes a Child of Light soldier's body very hard.
A Child of the Light Hundredman tickles Rig's body with his slash.
A Child of Light soldier tickles Rig's left hand with his pierce.
A Child of Light soldier barely tickles Rig's left leg with his pierce.

-
Iblis narrates 'low mvs'

=+**+
*Rig* panics, and attempts to flee!
A shadow stallion seems too exhausted to obey *Rig*'s commands.
*Rig* tries to flee, but is too exhausted!

=
A Child of Light soldier barely tickles Rig's body with his pierce.
A Child of Light soldier tickles Rig's head with his pierce.

- -=
*Angkar* tries to pierce you, but you parry successfully.
You try to scythe *Angkar*, but he parries successfully.

*Rig* scythes a Child of Light soldier's body very hard.
A Child of the Light Hundredman barely slashes Rig's body.
A Child of Light soldier tickles Rig's head with his pierce.
A Child of Light soldier barely tickles Rig's left leg with his pierce.
Your heartbeat calms down more as you feel less panicked.
As *Angkar* avoids your bash, you topple over and fall to the ground!
Suddenly *someone* places something in your back!

tonga
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:48 pm

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby tonga » Wed May 30, 2018 9:18 pm

Parry much? I know its mobs but Jeeez that's kinda op.

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Aloysius: Wounded >
Thack narrates 'on'

* S HP:Critical MV:Tiring - Aloysius: Wounded >
You hear a blood-curdling howl in the distance.
A Dha'vol trolloc tries to cleave Aloysius, but he parries successfully. <----1
A ramshorned trolloc joins a Dha'vol trolloc's fight!
A ramshorned trolloc joins a ramshorned trolloc's fight!
A ramshorned trolloc joins a ramshorned trolloc's fight!
A ramshorned trolloc joins a ramshorned trolloc's fight!
A fade joins a Dha'vol trolloc's fight!
A fade tickles Aloysius's left hand with his slash.
A ramshorned trolloc tries to cleave Aloysius, but he deflects the blow. <------ 2
A ramshorned trolloc tries to cleave Aloysius, but he deflects the blow. <------ 3
A ramshorned trolloc tries to cleave Aloysius, but he parries successfully. <------ 4
A ramshorned trolloc tries to cleave Aloysius, but he parries successfully. <------ 5
A Dha'vol trolloc tries to cleave Aloysius, but he deflects the blow. <------ 6
You try to scythe *Aloysius*, but he deflects the blow. <--------7
*someone* scythes your left leg hard.
You are incapacitated and will slowly die, if not aided.
Your heartbeat calms down more as you feel less panicked.
You are mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.

Enok
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Enok » Thu May 31, 2018 6:03 am

Ramshorneds are even worse than Ahf'frait PC's so you can probably imagine, even though it's hard to fathom, how bad they really are.

Emdawe
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:50 am

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Emdawe » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:02 pm

* R HP:Healthy MV:Winded >
s
Path to Tarwin's Gap
To the south lies Tarwin's Gap, pathway to the Borderlands, while to the
north the Blight awaits. The ground here is well trod, clear of vegetation
from the tramping of booted and hooved feet. Further south, the path leads
into the hills that stand before the Mountains of Dhoom.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]11964
A lantern has been left here.
A mirrored lantern has been left here. [3]
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

e
* R HP:Healthy MV:Winded >
s
Near the Foothills
Towering black peaks claw the south sky, visible beyond the low hills.
Twisted and gnarled trees and scrub stud the rocky ground here, a fitting
companion to the heavy stench of decay and death. To the west is the path to
Tarwin's Gap, while to the north the Blight stretches on as far as the eye
can see.
[ obvious exits: S W ]11965
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.

h
* R HP:Healthy MV:Winded > Edge of the Foothills
The black peaks of the Mountains of Dhoom resemble giant claws reaching
towards the south sky. To the west, a well-travelled path cuts through the
hills, which are covered with small, twisted trees and scrub. Decay and death
are in the air, the stench of the Blight, which stretches far to the north.
[ obvious exits: N E W ]11966
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
*Angkar* is standing here.

* R HP:Healthy MV:Winded > [kill dark]
You try to scythe *Angkar*, but he parries successfully.

b
bash
* R HP:Healthy MV:Winded - Angkar: Battered >
*Angkar* tries to pierce you, but you parry successfully.
You try to scythe *Angkar*, but he deflects the blow.


-=
+*
*+
*Angkar* looks at you.

=
*Angkar* panics, and attempts to flee!

-
-
*Angkar* pierces your head very hard.
*Angkar* leaves east.

=
They're not here anymore!

* R HP:Scratched MV:Winded >
e
h
b
bash
In the Foothills
To the west, the foothills continue towards the path to Tarwin's Gap.
Rollings hills form a transition between mountains and level ground.
The sparse vegetation here, gnarled scrub and trees, fades out to the
south. Even here, on the threshold of the mountains, the air is cold.
[ obvious exits: E W D ]11967
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
*Zeeb* is standing here.
*Angkar* is standing here.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Winded > [kill dark]
You try to scythe *Zeeb*, but he deflects the blow.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Winded - Zeeb: Beaten >

-
=+
*
*Zeeb* stabs your body into bloody fragments!
*Zeeb* stabs your body into bloody fragments!


*Angkar* pierces your right leg into bloody fragments!

*
+=
-
-=
Your bash at *Zeeb* sends him sprawling!
*Zeeb* panics, and attempts to flee!

* R HP:Hurt MV:Winded - Zeeb: Beaten >
cz
change mood berserk

*Angkar* says 'Bu xrTkxZ Eo[R['

* R HP:Hurt MV:Winded - Zeeb: Beaten > Mood changed to: Berserk
Wimpy reset to: 0 hit points.

* R HP:Hurt MV:Winded - Zeeb: Beaten >
*Angkar* pierces your right arm very hard.
You scythe *Zeeb*'s left leg into bloody fragments!

nar 1u
* R HP:Wounded MV:Winded - Zeeb: Critical >
*Angkar* pierces your body very hard.
You scythe *Zeeb*'s body into bloody fragments!
*Zeeb* is dead! R.I.P.
You feel the Weave of the Wheel tighten around you.
Oh, much better the second time around.
Your blood freezes as you hear *Zeeb*'s death cry.
You narrate '1u'

* R HP:Wounded MV:Winded >
1
get all corpse
h
nar rip zeeb
h
b
bash
You get the severed head of Gumps the Human slain in the Blasted Lands from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get the severed head of Yaan the Human slain in the Blight from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a skin of human flesh from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a wealth of gold crowns from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get six copper pennys from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a black pair of silver-tooled boots from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a pair of earthen colored breeches from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a belt with a buckle of cuendillar from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a pair of moonstone hilted dirks from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a jeweled wristcuff from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a jeweled wristcuff from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a pair of dark gloves from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a set of cloth sleeves from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get an embroidered, cotton shoulder bag from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a pelt of black wolfskin matted with blood from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a bearskin tunic from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a shimmering pendant of obsidian from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a shimmering pendant of obsidian from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get a camouflaged hood from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get an onyx circlet engraved with tridents from the corpse of Zeeb.
You get an onyx circlet engraved with tridents from the corpse of Zeeb.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Winded > [kill dark]
You try to scythe *Angkar*, but he deflects the blow.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Winded - Angkar: Wounded > You narrate 'rip zeeb'
Carter has arrived from below, riding a warhorse.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Winded - Angkar: Wounded > [kill dark]
You do the best you can!
Carter tries to pound *Angkar*, but he deflects the blow.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Winded - Angkar: Wounded >

Zeeb
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:42 pm

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Zeeb » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Had just hit score - 79 hps in 2 frags :(


Return to “Art of War”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pariah and 8 guests