Ouch! That really did HURT!

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Treach
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:23 am

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Treach » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:02 pm

Bastige* is resting here.

* HP:Healthy SP:Bursting MV:Winded > You barely strike *Bastige*'s body.

* HP:Healthy SP:Bursting MV:Winded - Bastige: Scratched > You begin to weave the appropriate flows...

-=+**+=-
*Bastige* tries to smite you, but you parry successfully.

-
*Bastige* panics, and attempts to flee!

=
Ok.
*Bastige*'s movements begin to slow as he appears more fatigued...
*Bastige* leaves east
.

This does look kinda stupid how quickly he just lost half of his moves. According to the wiki it is the same pulses as ice spikes. If I am a troll and I hear that channie is logged on then I would be renting.

Eol
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:34 pm

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Eol » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Bastige did not include that portion of the log so we don't know what he was at when it was first weaved and we don't know if it actually took half. Presumably it does, but you don't know that from what we were shown.

Relaes
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Relaes » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Maegon wrote:"I want to get berserk attack without consequences."

Zerk warriors are exactly why I carry contagion too. It backfired on you, so lesson learned, eh?


A less douchy way of saying that would contain some reference to that feeling of maximum frustration. Like "sucks, bro" "make sure to have a vial next time".

finally i died. This sucked and made me lose a lot of respect for the player of aishana


This here is frustration. He's pissed. Let him simmer for a while.

If you want to raise the issue of consequences, how about it took 15 years to get rid of no-quit port and you're whining about the one ability warriors got to make them viable again? Channies are dumb, but staff has always loved them. Does that make them balanced?

Maegon
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:15 am

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Maegon » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Whining about warriors? Over the last 4 years, I've played warriors 75% of the time. I'm not sure how my comment can be construed as douchey. Didn't you see the eh? That's canadian for, I'm speaking canadian, which inherently means I'm sorry if my words offended you.

"Sucks bro." #fammud

EDIT: Also, no-quit port "removal" was one of the best changes ever.

Relaes
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Relaes » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:24 pm

Naerin wrote:Wait a sec. You raided to Andor, solo, with no vials? And then, once your poor planning was exposed (in this case by a weave, but a whole lot of things could have run you hagg) you decided to zerk on a healthy channeler? Well no wonder you died.


Not sure why I'm defending this guy but I guess I can relate.

He says this in his comments:

it'd be different if she tried spiking and flame striking first but she literally led with slow weaves, contagion, and chill in that order.. come on man.


He knows he's fucked if not for the miniscule chance he can fend the guy off or kill him with zerk attack. Contagion and chill just reduced that chance to zero. If you've been in that spot you know the feeling. Let him vent and pick himself up again.

Ragyn
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:50 am

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Ragyn » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:31 pm

dunno why we are defending someone who is using slow, it's a dumb weave and only works to send people in or get lucky and find a guy who is already low on mvs and doesn't have vials. The contagion is expected and can't be faulted - tis the right play, you zerked on a full hps channeler, you will get contagioned, now if you are smart you first zerk when you can trigger their wimpy. Now if she contagioned you before you were zerk, then I agree it would have been a shitty move, but coming from someone who is slowing it wouldn't have been unexpected.
#themoreyouknow

Rig
Posts: 1579
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:00 pm
Location: JESUS

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Rig » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:51 pm

Heard Ragyn doesn't even know what a channeler is.

Naerin
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Naerin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Relaes wrote:
Naerin wrote:Wait a sec. You raided to Andor, solo, with no vials? And then, once your poor planning was exposed (in this case by a weave, but a whole lot of things could have run you hagg) you decided to zerk on a healthy channeler? Well no wonder you died.


Not sure why I'm defending this guy but I guess I can relate.

He says this in his comments:

it'd be different if she tried spiking and flame striking first but she literally led with slow weaves, contagion, and chill in that order.. come on man.


He knows he's fucked if not for the miniscule chance he can fend the guy off or kill him with zerk attack. Contagion and chill just reduced that chance to zero. If you've been in that spot you know the feeling. Let him vent and pick himself up again.


Yeah, I've been there, I know the feeling.

I'm just finding it hard to excuse entirely - raiding without vials or fades/dls for freshes isn't smart to begin with, even if you're not facing a slowing channeler - just normal PK and chasing eats up a lot of moves. If you do find a slowing channeler, the appropriate response is to leave (and why I don't use it, because that's the result 9/10 times) but because of the aforementioned vial problem, he couldn't do that either. And so his best shot probably was to zerk, and I'm fine with the contagion there because it's the right response to a zerk warrior.

But had he just had a vial, or decided not to raid pretty far south without any help (fade/dl probably has time to rescue him here and then compel/fresh), this probably doesn't happen - it sucks but there were some choices made before he met anyone that closed off some options for him.

See you around Bastige, keep on bashing people's faces in.

Ahri
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Ahri » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:21 am

* R HP:Battered SP:Full MV:Full > Alric narrates 'by who'
Upon the Trail
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
*Nognahoj* is standing here.
*Rig* is standing here mending a weapon, riding a shadow stallion.
*Rig* hacks your left leg into bloody fragments!
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!


* R HP:Beaten SP:Full MV:Full - Rig: Scratched > *Nognahoj* pierces your body very hard.
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

No way! You're fighting for your life!

* R HP:Critical SP:Full MV:Full - Rig: Scratched > e
e
f
No way! You're fighting for your life!

n
e
* R HP:Critical SP:Full MV:Full - Rig: Scratched > No way! You're fighting for your life!

* R HP:Critical SP:Full MV:Full - Rig: Scratched > e
You panic and attempt to flee!

*Nognahoj* pierces your left arm extremely hard.
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

*someone* hacks your left arm into bloody fragments!
You are dead! Sorry...
You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.
Ouch! You lose a level.

Jocelyn
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:55 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Ouch! That really did HURT!

Postby Jocelyn » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:11 pm

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Tiring >

*Rig* has arrived from the north, riding a shadow stallion.

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Tiring >
*Rig* leaves south riding a shadow stallion.
Kendall narrates 'need tic for horse'

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Tiring >

*Rark* has arrived from the south, riding a shadow stallion.

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Tiring >

*Rig* has arrived from the south, riding a shadow stallion.

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Tiring >
*Rig* tries to slash you, but you deflect the blow.

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Tiring - Rig: Wounded >

Marussya narrates 'did finely tunic get way nerfed?'

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Tiring - Rig: Wounded >

You try to strike *Rig*, but he deflects the blow.

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Tiring - Rig: Wounded >
fle
PANIC! You couldn't escape!

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Tiring - Rig: Wounded >

*Rark* has arrived from the north, riding a shadow stallion.

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Tiring - Rig: Wounded >
*Rark* blasts your body into bloody fragments!

* R HP:Hurt SP:Full MV:Tiring - Rig: Wounded >

*Rig* sends you sprawling with a powerful bash!

* R HP:Hurt SP:Full MV:Tiring - Rig: Wounded >

Kendall narrates 'combo was downed'

* R HP:Hurt SP:Full MV:Tiring - Rig: Wounded >

*Rark* blasts your right arm into bloody fragments!
Ouch! That Really did HURT!

You are interrupted and stop what you are doing.
You panic and attempt to flee!
*Rig* slashes your right arm into bloody fragments!


You flee head over heels.
Tarwin's Gap
Here in Tarwin's Gap the Mountains of Dhoom loom menacingly over the pass.
Small pebbles occasionally shower onto the ground from the mountains above,
landing among the sparse, wiry grass that grows here. To the north, the gap
continues onwards, leading deeper into the Blight, while to the south the a
large pile of boulders lie scattered on the ground. A chilly wind, funneled
by the tall mountains to either side, blows through the gap.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
Alaina narrates 'all equip has been changed'

narr rig gap
* R HP:Beaten SP:Full MV:Tiring >
You narrate 'rig gap'

* R HP:Beaten SP:Full MV:Tiring >
fle

*Rig* has arrived from the north, riding a shadow stallion.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Full MV:Tiring > Tarwin's Gap
Boulders of all sizes litter the ground here, but do not impede passage. A
half-buried white rock stands out among the brown and black boulders. Walls
of black granite loom over the pass, funneling a chill wind through. The
rank stench of the Blight is strong here, so close to that twisted forest.
Glancing around, one can tell that the gap continues to the north and south.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
The corpse of a rat is lying here.
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Full MV:Tiring >
*Rig* has arrived from the north, riding a shadow stallion.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Full MV:Tiring >
*Rig* tries to slash you, but you parry successfully.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Full MV:Tiring - Rig: Wounded >
n
No way! You're fighting for your life!

* R HP:Beaten SP:Full MV:Tiring - Rig: Wounded >
You try to strike *Rig*, but he deflects the blow.
*Rig* tries to slash you, but you parry successfully.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Full MV:Tiring - Rig: Wounded >
fle
You panic and attempt to flee!


You flee head over heels.
Tarwin's Gap
To either side the tall walls of Tarwin's Gap loom overhead, with the pitch
black peaks of the Mountains of Dhoom beyond. Small tufts of grass poke out
of the rocky soil, among the debris that litters the ground. The way seems
cluttered with boulders to the north, but the gap continues to the south.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Full MV:Tiring >
n
n
n
The night has begun.
Your heartbeat calms down more as you feel less panicked.
Tarwin's Gap
Boulders of all sizes litter the ground here, but do not impede passage. A
half-buried white rock stands out among the brown and black boulders. Walls
of black granite loom over the pass, funneling a chill wind through. The
rank stench of the Blight is strong here, so close to that twisted forest.
Glancing around, one can tell that the gap continues to the north and south.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
The corpse of a rat is lying here.
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
*Rark* is standing here.
*Rig* is standing here, riding a shadow stallion.
*Rig* slashes your body extremely hard.
PANIC! You couldn't escape!

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong - Rig: Wounded > *Rark* tries to blast you, but you parry
successfully.
No way! You're fighting for your life!

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong - Rig: Wounded > No way! You're fighting for your life!

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong - Rig: Wounded >
fle
s
You panic and attempt to flee!

s
You flee head over heels.
Tarwin's Gap
To either side the tall walls of Tarwin's Gap loom overhead, with the pitch
black peaks of the Mountains of Dhoom beyond. Small tufts of grass poke out
of the rocky soil, among the debris that litters the ground. The way seems
cluttered with boulders to the north, but the gap continues to the south.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
Inside the Gap
Just to the south, Tarwin's Gap opens out into a large rocky opening among
the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom. Tall walls loom over the rocky soil
to either side of the pass, casting shadows onto the rocky soil. Sparse tufts
of wiry grass are scattered among the rocks here, and an occasional pebble
comes tumbling down.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong > Entering the Gap
Here, among the foothills of the Mountains of Dhoom, lies the entrance to
Tarwin's Gap. Small rocks litter the ground, lying among the sparse tufts
of tough, wiry grass and the rare wildflower. Just to the north is the gap
itself, flanked by the black rock of the mountains, while a pair of paths
lead east and west, leading up and into the mountains themselves.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
Door west: bush
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
A black wolf growls loudly, poised to leap.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
narr rark too
You narrate 'rark too'

s
s
* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
s
Before the Gap
The road opens up into Tarwin's Gap just to the north, which cuts through
the Mountains of Dhoom. The mountains seem almost to have been cleft in half
by a gigantic axe, while to either side, the massive walls of granite surge
into the sky, almost blotting it out, while to the south, the road continues
through the hills. The cold mountain wind slices through the pass, having in
effect been funneled by the mountains.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
A black wolf growls loudly, poised to leap.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong > Road to Tarwin's Gap
The road works through the hills, leading north into Tarwin's Gap and south
into the Borderlands. The Gap can be seen as a massive cleft in the black
snow-covered peaks clawing into the sky. The cold mountain wind whips through
the Gap, carrying the stench of the Blight with it.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
Door east: passage
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong > Road to Tarwin's Gap
The hard-packed dirt of the road attest to the hard use it has seen. Hills
rise up over the path to either side, casting shadows onto the scrub. Black
granite peaks claw the north sky, while the forest lies to the south. The
air bears a hint of the Blight's stench, carried by the cold mountain winds.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
s
s
Road to Tarwin's Gap
The hard-packed dirt, leading north and south, attests to the hard use that
the road has been subjected to. To the north, the road leads towards Tarwin's
Gap, glimpsed as a cleft in the immense granite wall past the hills. The only
thing that can be seen to either side is the distinctly uninviting foliage of
the forest.
[ obvious exits: N S W ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

s
* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong > Bend in the Road
The road bends, leading north and west here. Far to the north, a giant cleft
in the Mountains of Dhoom can be seen - Tarwin's Gap. The air, hot and humid,
carries a tinge of the Blight's overpowering stench. Dense forest borders the
road, tall trees reaching into the sky.
[ obvious exits: N S W ]
A dirty rock lies here. [2]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong > Edge of the Forest
Dense foliage blots the sky from view. The air is hot and humid, tinged with
the rancid stench of the Blight. Oddly, scattered among the normal trees are
some oddly twisted and gnarled trees, as if in pain. The foliage thins out
and hills can be seen to the north. Beyond the hills, the Mountains of Dhoom
claw the sky.
[ obvious exits: N W ]
The corpse of a timber wolf is lying here.
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
w
By the Road
The road lies just to the north, seen through the dense forest. Half-buried
road markers can be glimpsed, dotting the roadside at regular intervals. Far
to the north, past the trees, the Mountains of Dhoom are a jagged black line
in the horizon. The air is tinged with the stench of the Blight, carried into
the south by the winds blowing through Tarwin's Gap.
[ obvious exits: N E W ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
A Kno'mon trolloc tracks you with his reddened eyes, snorting with battle lust.
A Kno'mon trolloc tracks you with his reddened eyes, snorting with battle lust.
A myrddraal slowly gazes about, leaving you shaken.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
w
w
w
In a Thick Forest
The pine trees are very tight knitted here, even more so to the south where
it becomes to difficult for passage. To the east the trees thin out as the
environment becomes too harsh to support life. The air is humid and carries
a sickly sweet smell eminating from the trees as the proximity to the
Blight taints the living even this far south. It would not take much more
than a smouldering cinder to set off a massive forest fire in the
surrounding area.
[ obvious exits: N E W ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
A big brown bear growls angrily about him.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong > In a Dark Forest
Great leatherleaf trees tower over sickly pines casting the forest into
deep shadows. The hardwood trees seem to survive better than their pinewood
cousins that seem to write and twist from the taint of the nearby Blight.
It would not take much more than a smouldering cinder to set off a massive
forest fire in the surrounding area.
[ obvious exits: N E W ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong > Road to Tarwin's Gap
The road plods on to the south towards a large hill and bends to the north
to avoid a sharp incline. A dark forest shadows the road to the east. The
forest once extended into these rolling hills, but large fires seem to have
cleared the area leaving only small saplings struggling to survive. It
would not take much more than a smouldering cinder to set off a massive
forest fire in the surrounding area.
[ obvious exits: N E S ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
*Rark* is standing here.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
*Rark* tries to blast you, but you deflect the blow.

s
* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong - Rark: Scratched >
You tickle *Rark*'s left leg with your strike.
*Rark* tries to blast you, but you parry successfully.
Gretchen narrates 'combo got wtfpwned'

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong - Rark: Scratched > No way! You're fighting for your life!

s
* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong - Rark: Scratched >
No way! You're fighting for your life!

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong - Rark: Scratched >
*Rig* has arrived from the east, riding a shadow stallion.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong - Rark: Scratched >
*Rig* tries to slash you, but you parry successfully.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong - Rark: Scratched >
fle
You panic and attempt to flee!


You tickle *Rark*'s body with your strike.
*Rark* tries to blast you, but you parry successfully.
You flee head over heels.
Road to Tarwin's Gap
The pavestoned road turns to the south avoiding a sharp incline to the
north. The forest gives way here to rough terrain with rolling hills and
giant boulders that dot the landscape. To the south the road winds between
these boulders on its way towards a large hill. It would not take much more
than a smouldering cinder to set off a massive forest fire in the
surrounding area.
[ obvious exits: E S ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

n
* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
Alas, you cannot go that way...

e
* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
Road to Tarwin's Gap
Pine needles mixed with hard-packed earth form the deeply rutted road.
Several trees have been burned down in this area, casualties of the war
that often rages in this area between the forces of Light and Dark. It
would not take much more than a smouldering cinder to set off a massive
forest fire in the surrounding area.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
n
n
*Rark* has arrived from the west.
In a Thick Forest
The ground here is covered with a blanket of dry needles and rotting
leatherleaf leaves. To the west the forest stops up against a sharp
incline. To the south glimpses of the road to Tarwin's Gap can be seen
between the sickly pine trees. It would not take much more than a
smouldering cinder to set off a massive forest fire in the surrounding
area.
[ obvious exits: E S ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

n
* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong > Alas, you cannot go that way...

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong > Alas, you cannot go that way...

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
Marussya narrates 'probably for the best eh'

e
* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong > In a Thick Forest
The ominous peaks of the Mountains of Dhoom can be glimpsed through the
breaks in the forest canopy. The forest thins to the east towards Tarwin's
Gap. A thick stand of trees bars the way to the north, while the road lies
to the south. It would not take much more than a smouldering cinder to set
off a massive forest fire in the surrounding area.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
e

*Rig* has arrived from the west, riding a shadow stallion.

* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong >
*Rig* leaves east riding a shadow stallion.

n
* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong > By the Road
The dense foliage thins out to the north, transitioning into sparsely covered
rollings hills. Beyond them the Mountains of Dhoom can be spotted, a line of
jagged black rock against the horizon. To the east, the hard-packed road that
leads to Tarwin's Gap can be glimpsed through the trees.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
*Rig* is standing here, riding a shadow stallion.
*Rark* is standing here.
*Rig* tries to slash you, but you parry successfully.
Kendall narrates 'we hagged ent'

n
n
* R HP:Beaten SP:Bursting MV:Strong - Rig: Wounded >
*someone* blasts your left hand into bloody fragments!
You are dead! Sorry...
You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.
Ouch! You lose a level.
Circle of Light

Ouch


Return to “Art of War”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests