some people...

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Razhak

Re: some people...

Postby Razhak » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:35 am

Actually I think getting back on Aloysius is what got me killed. Had I stayed on Nasira, she would have been taken down quickly with both me and Bahamut on her (she was naked wielding only staff and shield). She was the one doing the damage there, not the crit comboer whos bashes I had been dodging almost all pk there..

Fermin

Postby Fermin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:58 am

Galfrey back from AFK...did you guys drop gear somewhere?

Razhak

Postby Razhak » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:07 am

Here and there..

Fermin

Postby Fermin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:09 am

Do you mean:

No fuck that guy, fuck him for afk and fuck his gear that we didn't need? That's what it sounds like...

galfrey

Postby galfrey » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:12 am

Kinda sad but understandable, guess ill just drop link next time I have to run out in an emergency.

Oh well, enjoy the rewards of such a strenuous pk session.

I know I put up a massive fight autofleeing 1 room etc.

Galfrey

Angkar

Postby Angkar » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:36 am

Probably the right idea Galfrey. I afk smobbing constantly, always wonder if I'll come back dead. MUD very safe these days.

Otherwise afk'ing in doors and smobs simply isn't safe. Nor should it be.

Fermin

Postby Fermin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:44 am

Just highlighting this for the next times razhak links goes out and he asks for a return.

Because that should never happen again.

Dimmu

Postby Dimmu » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:46 am

galfrey wrote: . . . .guess ill just drop link next time I have to run out in an emergency.

This should always be your first action in an afk emergency. Most players are considerate enough to call out a clearly flagged linkdead person, but not all mind you! However it sure does raise your chances of not coming back to the circle.

Razhak

Postby Razhak » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:49 am

Just highlighting this for the next times razhak links goes out and he asks for a return.

Because that should never happen again.

Let's make two things very clear Fermin.

1) Galfrey was not LD. He was AFK. As in: he made a choice to go AFK inside 3 doors in Kennel Keeper. We scouted him out, we went in, we killed him. If someone's LINK dies on them, I will not kill them if I can help it. But being AFK has never been a safety net on this mud.

2) I do not ask for equipment returns when I die AFK. I would most likely not even ask if I were LD, although that would depend on who I was fighting. So I am a bit unsure where you get this "again" from you are talking about.

If Galfrey was AFK, how did you get there in seconds to try help him out btw? Angkar and me wondered about this, and our theory was that you two had been stabsmobbing together. So next time: take the AFKer in tow, lead him to a city, drop him there, instead of putting him behind several doors in a smob.

kalm

Postby kalm » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:57 am

you are wrong in your assumption btw, i was solo in kk and got called away. i usually close my laptop but had to leave quickly do didnt think about it. Fermin wasnt there as far as i know until you came and attacked me so like i say you are wrong.

I dont care about being killed, i dont care about the equipment, its all text. But you must have known i wasnt there, so justify your actions however you wish to make yourself feel or look better thats up to you.

Enjoy the game, enjoy the gear, enjoy killing people however you wish i dont care. The only reason i posted is because your response about here and there seemed like a bit of a dick move.

Galfrey

(oh and btw i never expect a return, i didnt ask, fermin did without my knowledge, and as far as im concerned its over. i was annoyed about it because of the nature of what had happened, i try my hardest to leave clearly afk people alone, i should remember others dont.)

Return to “Art of War”