Stupid Shit

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Zeeb

Re: Stupid Shit

Postby Zeeb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:08 pm

I'm personalty not anti door or think keep needs downed or upped - just whined because I felt like there was nothing I could really do once I put myself in that position. Which would be the same for any human in that position - because the two opposing doors - what could I double line that would result in me not being doored if I get a north/south flee? In the log I was just trying to close doors and then flee, but auto wimpy got me there. I'm trying to think of anywhere else in the mud where this is the case...

I'm sure there might be something in 'door overkill stedding', but I think you can also DL 'leave' to get to the outside.

Feels a little bit like ambush in doors (which was removed) so I was hoping maybe immortals would remove either the north or south door (Probably remove the north because mobs in there and I agree that it is nice as humans to have regroup points inside keep and the south door is probably more useful for humans...

Davor

Postby Davor » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:38 pm

I think you can doubleline 'exit' or 'leave' ?? instead of flee and would put you back in Blarg's room. Not sure though.

Adael

Postby Adael » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:53 pm

Just tested that a little bit. Leave will take you from an indoor room to an outdoor room, whether or not a door is there. I tested an indoor room that had n/s exits to the outside, and landed n 100% of the time in like 10 tries. I suspect it prefers directions in the order N/E/S/W, but that's just a little hunch.

Leave would not work in this case I believe, because all the rooms around Blarg are indoors.

Neveyan

Postby Neveyan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:00 pm

Jestin wrote:I think anything that encourages humans to actually go inside keep more often is better. Totally against safe rooms, etc. And I'm probably in the minority here but I think doors make things more fun.

Agree.

Jestin

Postby Jestin » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:26 pm

close door south; Close door north; flee; n
is your best bet. unless they have someone spamming both doors open this should keep you out of the door

Zeeb

Postby Zeeb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:45 pm

Yeah that seems much better then what I was doing

hyzael

Postby hyzael » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:33 pm

gotta say, I like the danger part. wish humans would hit inside more often.

Return to “Art of War”