Chasing triggers..

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
arkaza

Re: Chasing triggers..

Postby arkaza » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:54 pm

WINTIN95, Fios, and 4 miles from major east-coast hub. Luck. I picked the wrong way one time.

#action {The %1 is closed} {#var doorname %1} {T|WT}
#action {The %1 is open} {#var doorname %1} {T|WT}
#action {The %1 seems to be} {#var doorname %1} {T|WT}
#action {The %1 seems to be closed} {#var doorname %1} {T|WT}
#alias {0} {open $doorname} {T|WT}
#alias {1} {backstab h.$target} {T|WT}
#alias {2} {kill h.$target} {T|WT}
#alias {9} {close $doorname} {T|WT}
#alias {a} {kill $target} {T|WT}
#alias {door} {#variable doorname %0} {T|WT}
#alias {heq} {equip horse saddle;equip horse bridle; equip horse shoes} {T|WT}
#alias {kit} {tell guardian kit; echo; change spam 1; color complete; ali br change mood brave; ali wimpy change mood wimpy; ali rh ride horse; ali rh2 ride 2.horse; ali lh lead horse; } {T|WT}
#alias {ld} {look down} {T|WT}
#alias {le} {look east} {T|WT}
#alias {ln} {look north} {T|WT}
#alias {ls} {look south} {T|WT}
#alias {lu} {look up} {T|WT}
#alias {lw} {look west} {T|WT}
#alias {q} {hide;backstab h.$target} {T|WT}
#alias {tar} {#variable target %0} {T|WT}
#alias {uneq} {rem shoes horse; rem saddle horse; rem bridle horse} {T|WT}
#alias {z} {ambush $target} {T|WT}
#variable {doorname} {gate}
#variable {target} {dark}

arkaza

Postby arkaza » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:59 pm

Rodger wrote:Obviously I don’t know for sure, but there looks like one flee for sure where Arkansas chases in the other direction as flee...

Also, Rodger uses Google SpellCheck script :P

Jael

Postby Jael » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:50 am

You mean to tell me that people have links good enough they can flee without having to double line?!:O

Taziar

Postby Taziar » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:13 am

PDW

Draz

Postby Draz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:27 am

Just did a brief review
The first flee you flee north and dline S S - Arkaza is guessing directions since he leaves South as you dline back into his room, and then catches you 1s.
The second flee was not a dline, and you walked into them
The third flee was not a dline, and had weird editing
The fourth flee,.. Arkaza goes west,..and you chase him with your running
The fifth, sixth, and seventh flees each have a couple of failed commands before he hits you.

I can't pk without doublelining - that said when my link improved from 500+ MS to around 450 I felt unkillable..for a few minutes

Jaster

Postby Jaster » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:41 am

This looked to me like arkaza had some good guesses and reacted to some of your flees. All the argle bargles and failed direction spamming gave him the time to catch you in a few rooms on top of his guessing.

isabel

Postby isabel » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Sorry wasn't trying to derail, just that you were describing our experience as a problem :p

Chasing and some other scripts make the game silly.

Elysia

Postby Elysia » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:13 pm

Jestin wrote:I think it could be enforceable..we would just have to complain about people abusing it (it's pretty obvious when you're fighting against it who is doing it) to an imm, the imm would just output a line globally, and see if the other person reacts to it immediately. If they do, boom! Zap, ban, and mock until this behavior is removed from existence.

I think you're over-simplifying this.

You are suggesting players report other players who do this. That means we have to catch them on when they are pking and follow them around to see who they might be targeting with their chase script. If we then send a bogus message and we happen to get the wrong target, they will know something is up and disable the script and our chance is gone.

That would be extremely time consuming and to be honest, we don't currently have the Staff for that. Vampa's been super busy, Itesh has thankfully been around some but he is working on a project. The lower level imms don't have the necessary commands. Cynthiel and Cerys are currently occupied with RL, which essentially leaves me. This sort of thing would be so time consuming it would essentially bring every other activity to a halt, not to mention put a dent in my play time if I saw a suspect on during my play time.

It's just not tenable.

Lord Pe

Postby Lord Pe » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:08 pm

So let's go with mob Justice and name and shame the people who use their client to play for them. You could refuse to fight them. You could go into lengthy discussions on how it's destroying the spirit of the game. You could wait until you see them on and just gank them every time. I think the easiest solution would be to just not fight them.

Jestin

Postby Jestin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Makes sense Elysia. As always I underestimate the effort for imms to do something.

Agree with the name and shame route for this. Am still about 75% sure Arkaza was doing it (obviously posting your triggers means nothing). But that is down from about 99% sure when I posted this so you're making progress :)

It's not just the log I posted, he was doing it in 4k earlier too. It's either triggers or mindless spamming in one direction hoping you're guessing the right direction for the flee, which is just an idiotic way to chase in almost all cases except this one time.

Return to “Art of War”