Curiosity on Clanrooms

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
byrg

Curiosity on Clanrooms

Postby byrg » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:38 pm

So... after logging on to empty clanrooms and a dead clan-chest mob today... I started thinking about it and am genuinely curious - why are ds clanrooms and clanmobs now basically all open / accessible to others, while (as far as I know/have seen) ls clanrooms and clanmobs are locked, unpickable, protected with mobol, peace rooms, or some combination of the above. I know ds has "old" clanrooms that more resemble what I've seen ls clanrooms like - but apparently those are from before my time - what prompted the change? (and why on one side and not the other?)

Eol

Re: Curiosity on Clanrooms

Postby Eol » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:30 pm

I doubt there was any sort of malignant intent. A lot of human clans through the years have had areas built for them and those areas were natural locations for placement of their clan mobs and chests. Darkside is honestly kind of funny - back in the day they didn't even have a damn bank. We used to kill beady... for vials. In short - the implementation of things has been weird. Somehow stronghold had to be the place for clan rooms/quartermasters even though it was annoyingly far away. When they got moved back to the clan boss areas I suspect the dominant thought was - damn, this is way more convenient.

Ghars should probably just ask for a lockable room 1N of Blarg. Course if you want people to chase in you should ask for a sconce.
(I say all this also thinking this probably isn't a great time to be asking for things)

They should also find out who loves the Dha'vol so much. The Dha'vol tower used to have a 1 exit basement. Last I looked there's a complex under there full of leadable mobs to stack around SG.

Benito

Postby Benito » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Eol wrote:They should also find out who loves the Dha'vol so much. The Dha'vol tower used to have a 1 exit basement. Last I looked there's a complex under there full of leadable mobs to stack around SG.

Might be wrong, but I think the zone actually changes 1d from Akkad or something.

Elysia

Postby Elysia » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:06 pm

Not all LS or even SS clanmobs are behind locked doors, not even the functional ones (scalp turn in, quartermaster).

E.g. Tower has all its mobs, minus the Amyrlin, easily accessible. Eagles happens to have all of them in the manor, behind a locking door. Lion Warden have a number of mobs behind locked doors, but leader mobs are still hittable in throneroom. Ditto for Cairhien and Illian. Silvak is hittable, but the Deathwatch quartermaster isn't.

If I can remember correctly, players wanted the locking door n of Blarg removed because it was used in a "lame" way in pk.

Lykan

Postby Lykan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Clan rooms/chests got moved away from SH because black flame was taken away. Presumably, because someone loathed w pk!

Regardless, clan heads being open is a good thing, imo. The game is [theoretically] founded on the principle of no safe rooms, though exceptions/oversights have obviously been made.

Return to “Help and Newbie Area”