Character List

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
cael

Character List

Postby cael » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:03 am

Hi,

I'm back after a 6-7 year hiatus and lost my spreadsheet on a busted computer that had all my characters. I'm able to recall some of the character names, but I am pretty sure I'm missing a few lvl 30+'s that should have survived auto-delete. Is there a way for imms to search player files for my email that was linked to the characters via the old forums, or even a common last name that I shared between characters?

Thanks,
BJ

Elysia

Re: Character List

Postby Elysia » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Current immortals cannot check for players' characters via email. We can use IP traces, but the time frame of 6-7 years is usually too long for that info to still remain or for us to connect known characters and trace unknown ones.

You can shoot me a message listing the names of your known characters though, and I can cross reference to see if there were ever notes on those characters that might refer to your unknowns.

Vala

Postby Vala » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:58 pm

If the hard disk still functions you can put it in another PC as a second drive, then read the files. If the disk's connections are incompatible with your equipment, if one of the machines is a laptop, or if you'd just really rather not open the case, there are USB cables available that have all the right connections.

Shzrei

Postby Shzrei » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:34 am

If anyone knows how to access caches etc. or has the archive of the old website or forums (ahah or knows how to navigate the Dark web :) )

There was once access to a list that said EVERY character creation and its creation date.

I've failed to find it 4-5 times, but browsing through that might work to remind you.

Also I really want to see it!

medina

Postby medina » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:39 am

I know neither of those things, but if I remember correctly the only list available was the one that was connected to the old forums. Those are unfortunately inaccesible due to the robots.txt file of the page (not that I have any clue to what that is).

Return to “Help and Newbie Area”