Mudlet Mapper Testing

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Ander

Re: Mudlet Mapper Testing

Postby Ander » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:01 am

Any progress on this? I am running into issues while mapping where the orientation seems to get lost... this is based on either rooms that are too similar, or being in a room and sliding into a different room without typing in a command. I then end up with dotted lines and arrows between rooms and west no longer takes me to a node to the left... it may take me north east or south and it starts screwing up all the solid links between the nodes I had already created...

Adael

Postby Adael » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:31 am

Unfortunately I'm a bit too hosed at the moment to fix any issues. I've been busy roughly 14 hours a day the last two weeks helping with preorientation/orientation events, and will be as busy for at least the next week and a half with other commitments/the start of classes/prepping to figure out my life after graduation :P.

I'll try to get back to this sometime after that though when I'm free.

Raeza

Postby Raeza » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:55 am

Ander wrote:...this is based on either rooms that are too similar...

I'm not sure if Adael modified this in the new version, but in the original version, you can type 'forceroom' before entering the room you are trying to map, which tells the mapper to make a new room even if another identical one already exists. I've found that this works for me for at least the similar room problem that you mention, though sometimes it can be finicky if the two similar rooms come off of the same room.

Ander

Postby Ander » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:16 pm

The force room thing helps a bit... but still having issues. Especially if I shut the mapper off and then back on again. It totally loses orientation and starts screwing up all my previously mapped rooms as I move.

Orino

Postby Orino » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 am

Can someone good with mudlet walk me through basic scripting?

Targets, map (not needed for pk, just changes), basic scripts/macros.

I'm getting error messages with Cmud and wine bottler on my new MacBook Pro.

Orino

Firimei Lang

Postby Firimei Lang » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:20 am

Always wanted to use this client, but the lack of an updated map puts me off and never been able to find it working to download.
So its cmud on winebottler for me.

Bragar

Postby Bragar » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:53 am

So I downloaded the free months of winebottler cmud but the buttons at the top glitched. Is that something with the free versions? Does it work ok?

Adael

Postby Adael » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:20 pm

I've finished the brunt of some necessary work for the next couple weeks. I'll try to add things to the WotMUD Archives Forum soon. No promises on a deadline though, it's the first full week of the semester come Monday and lots of things could pop up still unexpectedly for me.

Ander

Postby Ander » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:41 pm

So... interestingly enough... the mapper works well on a LS char, but not on a SS char... I get a ton of disorientation when running around trying to map on Ander, but haven't had the same issues running around on a LS newb. On SS, when mapping, I could type in North for example and it will map a south room with an error or it will have 4-5 rooms just going back and forth showing an error... Guess I'm mapping on LS!

Adael

Postby Adael » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Oh really? That's...an interesting issue, to say the least :?
Maybe I'll make a SS newb and check it out sometime soon if I find the time. Unsure why that might be the case.

Return to “Help and Newbie Area”