Where do I find and how do i join clans?

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
tonybravo

Where do I find and how do i join clans?

Postby tonybravo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:20 pm

So I've made it this far... Level 26... now how do I find clans to join? And where do I apply?

Torag

Re: Where do I find and how do i join clans?

Postby Torag » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:35 pm

You should start talking to members of a clan you'd like to join. Get involved with smobbing and perhaps even dabble in some pk! Just get ready to die and use your down time to keep exping past 30 :)

tonybravo

Postby tonybravo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:46 pm

Thats the issue. I dont know what clans there are or enough of the differences between them

Dartes

Postby Dartes » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:25 am

Dragonsworn! Well get you geared out and ranked up!

The wiki is a good resource, I think it has a lot of info on a lot of clans. If you've read the books, that can help differentiate between clan rp as a starting point. If you haven't read the books, at least read book one, as that will give a good sampling of the general setting.

Rig

Postby Rig » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:29 am

type view clans for a list of the clans in the game. Then check out the wiki to see what they're about, i think Taziar and some others have put a lot of helpful information on there.

Xylan

Postby Xylan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:02 am

Basically pick a city that you either hang around a lot or would like to protect and serve. Most major cities have an associated clan, outside of the Legion of Unity, who are only given a water well and some shops to oversee.

I'd start with finding a nice city you are comfy in. If you really find yourself hanging around Caemlyn a lot, join the Lion Warden. If you are always near Amador and the idea of narrow-mindedly preaching the ways of the Lord Creator and consider White Tower to be part of an evil conspiracy, join Children of the Light. Bandar eban? Join the Sword and Hand. Illianer Companions of Illian is great, if you like fish. Tanchico, for those who enjoy bickering about land ownerships, with an unreasonable mentality and dares anyone oppose of their views, civil watch. If you like blowing stuff up (intentionally or unintentionally), Illuminators specialize in that. Telling stories and juggling balls? Gleemen. Fal dara, for the brave who fight the shadow on the edge of the blight, Shienaran lancers. Saldaean Cavalry in Maradon, but really, who even goes to Maradon...

But anyway, if you want super overpowered bonuses, join the Wall Guard. We are amazing.

Alric

Postby Alric » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:04 am

I suggest you hang out with different clanned people and get to know them and their clan.

The Wall Guard would be a very good first clan, I think, since they are very active, very helpful and they smob all the time.

You will learn a lot from them.

Also take a look at these

Clan requirements compilation - viewtopic.php?f=76&t=1860

Clan bonuses - viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4401

Firimei Lang

Postby Firimei Lang » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:09 am

Alric wrote:I suggest you hang out with different clanned people and get to know them and their clan.

The Wall Guard would be a very good first clan, I think, since they are very active, very helpful and they smob all the time.

You will learn a lot from them.

Also take a look at these

Clan requirements compilation - http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=1860

Clan bonuses - http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4401

Talk to Tolveor or Rodurnum [spelling] and Xylan.
You get to wield inside the City-State as well

Terinor

Postby Terinor » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:49 am

red eagles are the best clan. no one can prove it otherwise!

Arkan

Postby Arkan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:54 am

Don't feel like you have to rush it, though. I played a long time without clanning. Just make sure you do what you want to do, explore, smob, pk, RP.

Return to “Help and Newbie Area”