Where do I find and how do i join clans?

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
tonybravo

Re: Where do I find and how do i join clans?

Postby tonybravo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Thanks for the great information everyone..... one last question. Once I choose a clan is my decision final or can I change clans at a later date? If its the former, I want to take some time to make the right decision before jumping in

Also, should I be creating a separate login/password for this board for each character I play? I'm using my real name (which seems generic as everyone else is using their PC).

tonybravo

Postby tonybravo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:49 pm

Arkan wrote:Don't feel like you have to rush it, though. I played a long time without clanning. Just make sure you do what you want to do, explore, smob, pk, RP.

PS Arkan, I will kill you one day :shock:

You slashed me in front of the western gates of Caem.... I have a long memory. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day I will exert my revenge on you.... ;) :o 8-)

Aishana

Postby Aishana » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:56 pm

tonybravo wrote:Thanks for the great information everyone..... one last question. Once I choose a clan is my decision final or can I change clans at a later date? If its the former, I want to take some time to make the right decision before jumping in

Also, should I be creating a separate login/password for this board for each character I play? I'm using my real name (which seems generic as everyone else is using their PC).

You should have an account for each character you want to post from. When you clan you will get access to clan forums on that character's account, and if you have multiple clanned characters you will want multiple forum accounts.

Callesa

Postby Callesa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:51 am

I wholeheartedly recommend choosing by the people. There is not much difference among most cities, I would say, the people are the main advantage. Choose a group, where you'll feel at home. A group whose spirit you would like to carry on.

Secondly, identify with the clan's rp (pk is just a practical expression of rp afterall). There is no point in joining the Whitecloaks and then complain you cannot join any smob groups with channelers. But it's awesome, if you want strongly defined rp and enjoy not bowing to Aes Sedai. (I am not sure what the LS pk rules are now. But I still remember the times of Janers very clearly and with a smile. He basically taught me how to run away, after killing me so many times my white dress looked like a fishnet. But when I was on a non-channie, he was a great hero, protecting people in Amador and elsewhere.) That was just an example, but you can find such examples concerning every clan.

hasp

Postby hasp » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:40 pm

The children can kill anu fc they want now sooooo if you want to kill or run alot it can be fun.

Callesa

Postby Callesa » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Good to hear this! The times of whitecloak-tower pk restrictions were annoying, as some whitecloaks basicly turned to unpleasant narrates instead.

Other than that: I recommend looking for an active clan, especially if it is your first. Every clan has an activity sinusoid and starting out, when there is noone to help, that is not ideal. These days, I see Lion Warden, Shienaran Lancers, Sword and Hand, Civil Watch, Legion of Unity probably the most. But that is my timezone, look around in yours. That's what a clan is mostly about. Playing with other people, not just getting bonuses.

Beltzerator

Postby Beltzerator » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:00 am

Are the Wolfbrothers still active? Is there any way to contact them?

Rig

Postby Rig » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:01 am

They don't exist! Langois is a CoL darkfriend.

Alric

Postby Alric » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:12 pm

I suggest you read the two threads below.

Desire to be a Wolfbrother - http://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=4415
Secret Clans - viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4245

Return to “Help and Newbie Area”