Weapon Statistics

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Terinor

Re: Weapon Statistics

Postby Terinor » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:30 am

I guess if you’re fine using a subpar rare you’d be fine using a subpar abs weapon as well, right?

Kryzen

Postby Kryzen » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:26 am

It's almost exactly a csword

Corrine

Postby Corrine » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Shrug I guess to each there own. I think they could be upped slightly for sure. But it's 2h, which saves lots of pracs. Is ok defensively, specially on a master. Can sit perfect kits on non masters with them. Wicked axes and pogs both have shoddy bash at times. Is it a heron no, but it's not meant to be. Name another rare 2h defensive rare that can bash, I'll wait. Basically all your going to accomplish with whining is get it changed to abs. Or maybe some imm *cough* will up it's stats a bit and leave it.

Resets are easy asfk to get you spoiled fks :p

Ahri

Postby Ahri » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:29 am

Halberds are fine reeq wise. I wish they landed more bashes.

That said if you want the reeq options to be more viable maybe they could up Halberds/tridents a little.

I suspect it may be seen as a barrier to convincing people to up a specific weapon when you have 10ea of them for trade, and noone will trade them from you bc they're crap/not worth what you want.

Corrine

Postby Corrine » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:51 am

I didn't post here for them to be upped lol. I'm just defending them a bit. And I had these before they were changed. I didn't much like ocgs either. Hence I just built up a stockpile of them. And no I'm not trading 3 dsts for 1 pog or wicked axes etc. Basically the offers I've gotten. So they will just probably get used eventually on alts I use them on. The only rare weapon of real value in my mind is a heron. Every other rare has there own flaws. And with smobs nowadays wickeds etc are more abundant. That being said, there available and I could care less if they get traded or not lol. I'm not hurting on anything I need.

Rig

Postby Rig » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:29 am

Halberds are garbage. Polearms need more pb to be worthwhile. DST is fine as is, the other tridents just need a little more def to actually be somewhat viable to use.

You know they're bad when the fade is only pulling 130 pb wimpy defensive with polearms! I feel bad for you nonmasters using polearms!

ecthus

Postby ecthus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Question: is weight the only way for weapons to affect DB?

I'm asking because it seems like one balance problem is creating viable combo weapons that won't be overpowered in dodge setups. It could be interesting to have halberds and tridents, for instance, subtract 10 from db on top of their weight, then increase the parry.

Palaemon

Postby Palaemon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:56 pm

ecthus wrote:Question: is weight the only way for weapons to affect DB?

Yes

Return to “Help and Newbie Area”