Murdering Statters

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Anor
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:44 am

Re: Murdering Statters

Postby Anor » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:40 pm

All clans are player run clans. In fact the game itself is a player run game.

There are a few differences here I feel the need to point out. If you are part of this current generation of people that feel the need to either be a social justice warrior or someone that just gets hurt feelings of the smallest of things said because it somehow offends you then you are going to have a bad time. Sure you might feel the need to whine to staff about every little thing that somehow offends you but in reality means nothing at all. This is when someone most likely tells you to ignore it and thinks you need to grow up.

This however is quite different to what happened here. This is someone spewing out the same old rhetoric about a clan on a global channel. Then they are somewhat surprised (and from the sound of it they also have some hurt feelings) when the aforementioned clan does something about it. You aren't magically immune to the game because you are a stater. It doesn't give you some kind of shield from repercussions for your actions.

Now for something I thought I would never say.

In the words of a wise man (or child still maybe?)
Rig wrote:If you're going to talk shit, expect to get hit.

hasp
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Re: Murdering Statters

Postby hasp » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:51 pm

I shall warrant and banish all statters from Amadicia and Andor since we are overseeing change there also.

isabel
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:19 am

Re: Murdering Statters

Postby isabel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:28 am

For my clan RP, let's say someone chatted 'Lancers don't chase north of bush' on a statter, I'm not going to go and try to kill them because 1) I know that's not true, 2) that's their opinion - maybe they mostly play DS and this is what they experience in north pk, and 3) players have a right to their opinon. If someone was spamming chats about how Isabel is a newb who dies 2n (all true btw) then I would just put them on ignore.

What could merit a Lancer warrant would be if someone repeatedly and - importantly - ICly narrated against us - for instance, if they said 'Shienaran Lancers are darkfriends' (which as you can see, is very different from commenting on how someone pks), it would go through a clan justice process where Council and people beyond the involved party would decide whether the warrant was fair or not.

That's what to me makes justice clans justice clans and not a group of high-level bullies.

Which is why this - "If you are ... someone that just gets hurt feelings of the smallest of things said because it somehow offends you...." - applies to what is happening here.

Rig - you perhaps don't notice the crap on globals that players put up with all the time under the guise of 'it's just fun talk' if you think that you logging on a statter to talk shit about women would add anything even remotely new to wotmud. You're welcome to try it but sadly the only exciting thing that would happen is that I would put your character on ignore until things pipe down. No exciting statter chasing here I'm afraid!

Benito
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Re: Murdering Statters

Postby Benito » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:35 am

Anor wrote:You aren't magically immune to the game because you are a stater. It doesn't give you some kind of shield from repercussions for your actions.

I mostly agree with this, and don't have a problem with killing statters who are raging or harassing other players, or using a throwaway character to avoid repercussions. Likewise, I agree with what Naerin said--the distinction between chats and narrates for me is functional rather than formal. That's all abstract since I don't know the actual content of what the statters were chatting here before they got killed.

However, I'm not sure why anyone is going after Isabel and Ashlee for being concerned about misogyny and harassment in the game. For whatever it's worth, I would have no problem with someone getting a Fal Dara warrant for misogynistic comments directed towards Lancers--whether intended IC or OOC.

isabel
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:19 am

Re: Murdering Statters

Postby isabel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:46 am

They're going after because having a different opinion and stating it = mouthing off, running your mouth, and whining to them.

I don't care at all really. As I said, the only person who loses anything here is the *oL wasting their time trying to find where a statter is.

If you're allowing warranting for misogyny though Benito, that's a very interesting development! :)

Ragyn
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:50 am

Re: Murdering Statters

Postby Ragyn » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:53 am

Whitecloaks are zealots who don't take shit from anyone. Dimly seem to recall a passage in the books of people in a village afraid of looking wrong at a whitecloak because there was a whitecloak patrol there. Seems like pretty good RP if the Statter consistently mouthed off, if it was just a "whitecloaks suck!" then yeah killing em is probably a bit too much. If it was more then perhaps a QP is in order for Kryzen?

Galad and those folks who followed him were like the only decent whitecloaks, the rest of em were just a bunch of whiny bullies. I imagine I'd probably go and kill someone who consistently mouthed off about a clan I was in. Tis what honour dictates! Pistols at noon!

Rig
Posts: 1478
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:00 pm
Location: JESUS

Re: Murdering Statters

Postby Rig » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:23 am

I will apologize for my antagonistic comments. I believe comments going on about misogyny and other bullying replies that have no positive impact on this thread aren't needed and shouldn't be used as an example.

keim
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Murdering Statters

Postby keim » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:24 am

Benito wrote:
Anor wrote:You aren't magically immune to the game because you are a stater. It doesn't give you some kind of shield from repercussions for your actions.

I mostly agree with this, and don't have a problem with killing statters who are raging or harassing other players, or using a throwaway character to avoid repercussions. Likewise, I agree with what Naerin said--the distinction between chats and narrates for me is functional rather than formal. That's all abstract since I don't know the actual content of what the statters were chatting here before they got killed.

However, I'm not sure why anyone is going after Isabel and Ashlee for being concerned about misogyny and harassment in the game. For whatever it's worth, I would have no problem with someone getting a Fal Dara warrant for misogynistic comments directed towards Lancers--whether intended IC or OOC.


good job white knighting benito, no one cares if they are women or not, isabel is the one who tried to bring women into the arguement after they started insulting people and playing victim

i still dont get why there is a bunch of fuss on some person using a statter to mouth off next to a guy hes mouthing off about. and the rp they are a child is false as the game start you off as 17 or 18 i cant remember, level is just a game mechanic or a general strength level indicator, being a lvl 1 does not excuse you from doing stupid stuff and paying the consequences

but sure keep on your agenda, would hate to see someone use some common damn sense instead of getting mad that a group they dont like arent playing nice to some idiot hiding behind a statter talking shit

Ragyn
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:50 am

Re: Murdering Statters

Postby Ragyn » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:43 am

who hurt you, keim? hang in there

Benito
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Re: Murdering Statters

Postby Benito » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:38 am

keim wrote:good job white knighting benito, no one cares if they are women or not, isabel is the one who tried to bring women into the arguement after they started insulting people and playing victim

Who did they insult and where are they "playing victim"? They're making the simple and valid point that the playerbase is more concerned about negative comments regarding a clan than it is about offensive comments that female players have had to put up with for years. It isn't relevant who brought women into the conversation--it is relevant that your only way of making sense of the experience of women on this game is rabid word salad, rage, and deflection.


Return to “Help and Newbie Area”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests