Combat skills formulas

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Dimmu

Re: Combat skills formulas

Postby Dimmu » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:50 am

An interesting take for me is, if you're a Troll vs a mounted basher(worse if a master), the horse really needs to die. Which of course yields it's own unliked outcomes.

stark

Postby stark » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:42 am

Fermin wrote:Would be great if someone would roll 100 bashes or so, because I don’t think this is close to accurate...I think more likely is there is something we don’t know. Could be a lot of factors including maybe we dodgers remember the bashes more then the dodges...

Keep in mind though that the stats portion (ob / weight / pb vs db) is capped at 30%. At a certain point it no longer helps to keep adding ob and weight. If you add clubs & ride, you get another 14% on top of that, but that's pretty much it. To get to greater percentages, BMI has to come into play and it does not for player vs player.

Maybe Vampa one day can snoop players bashing each other with known stats so we can be extra sure about all this, he can see the probability as players attempt the bashes so he could validate the numbers pretty easily. But it feels pretty right to me...

Zarth

Postby Zarth » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:28 pm

ecthus

Postby ecthus » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:45 pm

Dimmu wrote:An interesting take for me is, if you're a Troll vs a mounted basher(worse if a master), the horse really needs to die. Which of course yields it's own unliked outcomes.

This is like saying that the best way to kill trollocs is to slow and contagion them. Killing horses, except in a minority of situations, remains a great way to end PK without getting kills.

Follow-up question. Is the PB in the calculation the same PB we see when we hit stat? For instance, if I have PB from my weapon but it drops to 0 after wearing a full abs set, which value is taken?

Another thing missing seems to be the weapon condition (scratched, blunt, etc). Bashing definitely gets worse when the weapon scratches, but it's not reflected in changes in stats we can see.

Taziar

Postby Taziar » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:54 pm

I never checked, but does OB change when scratched/blunt etc?

stark

Postby stark » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:56 am

ecthus wrote:Follow-up question. Is the PB in the calculation the same PB we see when we hit stat? For instance, if I have PB from my weapon but it drops to 0 after wearing a full abs set, which value is taken?

Another thing missing seems to be the weapon condition (scratched, blunt, etc). Bashing definitely gets worse when the weapon scratches, but it's not reflected in changes in stats we can see.

The PB is your character's pb as displayed on stats. The difference is noticeable in the code because when it looks at weight, it looks specifically at the wielded item's weight. If it looked at your pb added from items, it would have to cycle through equipment and it does not.

In terms of weapon condition / wether it's scratched, there isn't a single reference to that in the bash code, and at least in terms of condition, I know what it would look like because the kick code does take it into account (for boots). Now it's possible that it gets applied in some function after the probability calculation that I haven't seen but I doubt it. I think it's one of those things like whether or not you're in a clan (aside from master ob considerations) that was believed for a long time to matter but actually does not. Unless of course, as Taziar mentioned, it reduces ob?

Return to “Help and Newbie Area”