Open Forum for the Seanchan Race.
Taziar

Re: A glimpse of what's to come...

Postby Taziar » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Very cool.

Drol

Postby Drol » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:56 am

Sounds cool. Looking forward to seeing how this goes. I, for one, am liking the potential opportunities this will bring. I haven't been able to play for a while. Since my daughter was born, I've had no time. But I'll hopefully be able to check out these changes.

Meren

Postby Meren » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:07 am

Elysia wrote:By having mobol check someone's sworn status, I could, for example, let sworn be able to board the ships to Seandar, while the unsworn cannot use them and have to rely on the other ways humans can currently use to go to Seandar.

Hi Elysia. I believe this will be absolutely necessary and extremely helpful. Ideally only clanned Seanchan - say R5+ (?) can swear in.

A means of querying this would be great too. "Mob, how long has Elysia been sworn" - or whatever. I'm considering how to deal with applicants to Morat'torm - and a minimum sworn duration with activity seems the best way to handle it. If you believe this is possible please let me know.

Treach

Postby Treach » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:29 am

Can clanned enforce that sworn have sworn in their title? So there is some responsibility to the privilege of the boats.

Also will the changes affect rerolls? I believe seandar while easier to stat is also super good for rerolls?

Meren

Postby Meren » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 am

Choose any Borderland - they have the same potentials as Seandar/Kirendad.

Elysia

Postby Elysia » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:54 am

Treach wrote:Also will the changes affect rerolls? I believe seandar while easier to stat is also super good for rerolls?

Yes, since you will be able to choose a human homeland and that will be the basis for future rerolls. If you were to choose Tarabon as some classes you would likely end up with the max of 17 con in your rerolls.

Elysia

Postby Elysia » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:04 am

Meren wrote:Ideally only clanned Seanchan - say R5+ (?) can swear in.

A means of querying this would be great too. "Mob, how long has Elysia been sworn" - or whatever. I'm considering how to deal with applicants to Morat'torm - and a minimum sworn duration with activity seems the best way to handle it. If you believe this is possible please let me know.

If other clanned SS are in agreement with Meren, please let me know here, or elsewhere. If not, I'll follow his lead.

Not sure if I can make it so players can see a date of when one was sworn. If what I have in mind works, it could potentially spit out the date they swore. I'll have to test that in the near future.

alima

Postby alima » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:23 am

I'm opposed to a rank 5 requirement. I think activity may continue to be an issue. I would make any rank requirement rank 3 at the highest.

The DW have not discussed this yet so I don't speak on their behalf, but I'm in agreement with Meren. I like the idea of a certain amount of activity as Sworn before clanning into one of the other clans. However, I don't want to make it super annoying to join a Seanchan clan either, so I wouldn't make it any longer than a normal application period and I certainly would take that period of time as an application period, rather than making them go through a secondary application to get into a clan, if that makes any sense.

Mronz

Postby Mronz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Agreed.
Rank3 plus could assign the sworn tag.
Rank 7 plus to unswear, remove the sworn tag, for traitors etc.
I would imagine once someone swears, with the intent to persue a seanchan based clan, said tag would need to be permenantly visible, granting them access to seanchan, but also identifying their status to others.

For me, Alima, whatever the amount of time is, yes, that would be the application period/time to do tasks etc. Under the assumption the person did not "swear" rent, log back on in say 4 weeks, ready to clan.

Sarioc

Postby Sarioc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Is there any negative to changing to a LS homeland? Sorry, I didn't read all 6 pages, but Is this forced for all Seanchan, to go to a LS Homeland?
Is there any reason to not do it? I mean, when trolloc stocks were created, I logged in 3 different trolls and chose Bearish.. IE, Got screwed. So, Do we just not login to Seanchan chars for a while while this happens? Or Is it sorta a, you're going to have to do it anyways, just do it thing?

Thanks!

Return to “The Seanchan Empire”