-- Watchers Members --
Rank 1 Intern
Rank 2 Apprentice
Rank 3 Mobol'er
Rank 4 Spotter
Rank 5 Clan Guardian
Rank 6 Supervisor
Rank 7 Director
Rank 8 Dictator
Rank 9 Grand Poobah
the Guardian is the current Supreme Omniscent Being.
...we finally have the manpower that will be needed to manually convert Seanchan into humans/ Lightside.
I'm going to give a short rundown of what will happen and how it affects you, and why we're doing this.
Seanchan side has been some form of dead/inactive since 2008. This ultimately lead to closing off of Seandar and the Seanchan mainland. Despite these being re-opened, the side is still pretty much dead throughout the day. The Seanchan Sundays didn't really take off, either.
Throughout the years, there have been Seanchan players mentioning that it would be better if they were human, so at least they would have someone to chat with, exp with or otherwise interact. The cleanest way to do that, would obviously be coding. E.g. a bit like dreadlords are a separate "race" on DS, but they show up on DS who-list, can communicate on the same globals and so on. Unfortunately, such a coding solution is unlikely.
The alternative wasn't really an alternative in recent years: plain and simple manual grunt work. Now that we do have a whole bunch of new immortals, however...
- Seanchan will be turned into humans via a plain homeland change to a human homeland.
- Player homeland changes can be automated through mobol. Clanned Seanchan will be moved to a room where they can do that homeland change. We will have to put in mobol to "catch" and move unclanned Seanchan (since they aren't on a handy clanlist) so they can do the same.
- All mobs will have to be changed manually. Hence the manual grunt work. Changes include that they stop aggroing humans (which will be you) and adding mobol to attack Empire wanteds.
- As you will have a human homeland, you will unfortunately lose your Seanchan-side narrates and chats, as well as the pretty drawls. However, the drawls can be emoted if you so desire.
- You will retain your clan status, your cities, pretty much everything.
- You will be able to see and use LS narrates, chats, yells, says, tells and so on.
- You will physically be able to follow/lead and group with any other human. Whether you should do so as per your Seanchan roleplay is something else, of course.
- You will be a Lightside faction, just as the Children/Hand of the Light are a part of Lightside, but also separate in a way. Your roleplay will define you as Seanchan, not the coded race separation.
- I am unsure whether your clan lists will be visible to humans, it could be that that is coded to be invisible, or it could become visible as you become human.
- You will probably be able to view clan Lion and view the clan list.
- Humans will be able to visit Falme and Jafar without being aggro'd on the basis of being human, otherwise they would auto-attack you, too.
What this means for pk:
- To DS, you will look *cyan* and be hit by k human.
- You can still use k dark to hit DS, nothing changes there.
- To humans, you will look the same as human-human or seanchan-seanchan does now and vice versa.
- Your "where" will work as it currently does for any human. However, other humans will be able to see you on "where" too.
- Essentially, you will become samesiders of Oathbreaker humans, meaning you can't use k human, but will have to use k tarn, k alaina, k adael and so on. This will perhaps complicate pk a bit, but it also leads to opportunities to use against those who fight you.
- Unless you are warranted somewhere, what are now LS patrols will be useful to you against Shadowspawn.
- As said above, your own mobs will only aggro Empire wanteds, not just humans.
- In line with the above, you all might want to stick your heads together about laws non-aggressive humans should follow.
- When a channeler uses locate object, you will not show up as a dagger, carried by a Seanchan, somewhere vfsw of here. Meaning it will become harder to locate you.
- Gate defenses are a mystery. It may end up hitting you, in which case we will have to find a solution (umbrella's for all Kidding!).
- You can physically group with every other human. Unclanned humans, those in clans who rp-ishly have no beef with you and, potentially, allies all become potential exp members.
- It will not be so lonely, as there will be a whole LS who-list to chat with. Chats are of course OOC (unless you make IC statements, like proclaiming yourself the Dragon Reborn or an mc etc.), so you can chat it up, hang out and socialize with a good chunk of the playerbase.
- If someone decides to roleplay a sul'dam or a damane, you can now actually group with them and communicate with them as well.
- We have not made a decision on whether Seandar should be accessible by the Falme boats for "normal" humans. We can opt to only let those boats be for those in DW, torm, raken and IA, if you so desire.
- You will be able to enter any LS city and interact with their shops, although if you're warranted, the guards might chase you, of course.
- A slew of new rents will open up for you, although again, warrants might be a hindrance there.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something vital, so feel free to ask questions. Perhaps this central location is better than every individual clan forum.
Most importantly though, there will likely be a period of things going haywire. There will be a time where not every Seanchan will be human yet. While we have no intent of making current SS mobs aggro SS, it can lead to weird things, with some of you not being able to see the others on who and changed Seanchan seeing *purple* walking around.
We need to change the aggro flags of Seanchan mobs, meaning if we accidentally forget one, it might lead to mob wars. I suspect a good solution will be to add a few no-mobs to cities, so people can at least find refuge there.
We also need to change a lot of mobol. Some mobol might check whether someone is a Seanchan and that will have to be altered to only check whether you are a DW, torm, raken or IA. This means a whole bunch of re-writing mobol and things might not be functional for a bit.
Additionally, as said before, mobs need to be changed to respond to humans having an Empire warrant.
Of course we are trying to minize the mess by planning the actual changes for a time when we have as many immortals available as we can muster, hence why this is some time in the future and not "rite nao". However, I'm sure we'll miss something and something, somewhere will go haywire. There probably will be unexpected things. We hope you will understand that during this transition, the game may not provide as smooth gameplay as desired. However, the main goal is to let Seanchan be a part of the greater populace of Lightside, so that you have more people to interact with and hopefully, more people will then opt to (role)play Seanchan as well, play with you and join one of your clans and bolster your ranks.
Considering merging Seanchan with Lightside has been mentioned by Seanchan players over the years, I suspect some of you look forward to this. I'm also aware that some of you might hate this upcoming change, as something unique about Seanchan, namely being a separate race, will go. However, we feel that Seanchan roleplay has a more promising future as a human faction. Let's let the Multi User part of the word WoTMUD apply to Seanchan, once again.