A glimpse of what's to come...

Open Forum for the Seanchan Race.
Maeglin

Re: A glimpse of what's to come...

Postby Maeglin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 pm

We really need a warrant wipe at a bare minimum. That doesn't mean "forcing" clans to forgive us, but basically hitting restart on SS. It would allow the clans more freedom to start alliances, if that even makes RP sense. Otherwise, most people aren't going to bother as Yeri said.

Otherwise, agree with Eol.

Eol wrote:Can I semi-jokingly and semi-seriously make a different suggestion.

Forget the entire Seanchan idea. Make them humans. Wipe their warrants. Let them do some sort of initiation process into human clans and keep their rank if they can find a clan that is open to new blood and people. Put this whole Seanchan disaster behind us.

Yeri

Postby Yeri » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Maeglin wrote:We really need a warrant wipe at a bare minimum. That doesn't mean "forcing" clans to forgive us, but basically hitting restart on SS. It would allow the clans more freedom to start alliances, if that even makes RP sense. Otherwise, most people aren't going to bother as Yeri said.

Otherwise, agree with Eol.

Eol wrote:Can I semi-jokingly and semi-seriously make a different suggestion.

Forget the entire Seanchan idea. Make them humans. Wipe their warrants. Let them do some sort of initiation process into human clans and keep their rank if they can find a clan that is open to new blood and people. Put this whole Seanchan disaster behind us.

Honestly, this is what I was thinking of whenever someone raised the idea of turning SS into humans. LS clans set their own guidelines for what and how they'll accept as transfers, then SS (now humans) apply as if they were fresh 30s with no history.

This is even funnier now: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2018&p=11728

laurian

Postby laurian » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 pm

I really like Eol's suggestion.

And, look at the possibility of some of the clanned SS, clanning in some of the more dead clans in the SW. Swordies, CW, CoL, Eagles, etc. Could be a great option.

IMM's, could you chime in on Eol's idea please?

Rig

Postby Rig » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:47 pm

Concur with Eol.

Drol

Postby Drol » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:58 pm

This looks interesting. I'll be around to check it out soon.

Meren

Postby Meren » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:08 am

Eol's idea suits me best by far. I love my torm, but I'm not enduring same-side bullshit to keep it.

Even as a compromise - I'd lose my QPs and take a blanket pardon. That's not cool, but I'd take it.

hasp

Postby hasp » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 am

If you guys went strait LS i feel you should keep your QPs and just have to do a quest at worse.

alima

Postby alima » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:46 am

Meren wrote:Even as a compromise - I'd lose my QPs and take a blanket pardon. That's not cool, but I'd take it.

There's no way I'm okay with losing my qp. The whole point of this is so I can play a character I've poured years of time and work into. If I lose my qp and my clan, then I may as well have just statted a new char.

Iniss

Postby Iniss » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:16 am

Meren wrote:Eol's idea suits me best by far. I love my torm, but I'm not enduring same-side bullshit to keep it.

Even as a compromise - I'd lose my QPs and take a blanket pardon. That's not cool, but I'd take it.

There was a time when same side was a very pivotal part of the atmosphere of the MUD. Hearing you guys whine about enduring your rp is giving me an aneurysm.

Taziar

Postby Taziar » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:30 am

Try and relax all, only constant in the universe is change... everything always seems worse in anticipation.

Return to “The Seanchan Empire”