A glimpse of what's to come...

Open Forum for the Seanchan Race.
alima

Re: A glimpse of what's to come...

Postby alima » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:05 pm

Should I have logged on my unclanned seanchan who has warrants just for walking through a city wearing purple clothes? I would have hoped my argument would stand on its own merits rather than based on this specific character and what you know of her. *shrug*

Taziar

Postby Taziar » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:08 pm

alima wrote:Should I have logged on my unclanned seanchan who has warrants just for walking through a city wearing purple clothes? I would have hoped my argument would stand on its own merits rather than based on this specific character and what you know of her. *shrug*

An unclanned Seanchan is totally different argument then what was posted above since they will be a human with no connection to the Seanchan Empire other than possible history people remember. They would apply for warrant removal in the normal fashion right?

This isn't a "do over", they are not deleting and remaking characters. Most everything will be the same other than coded k seanchan as far as I can tell.

Shimu

Postby Shimu » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:19 pm

alima wrote:Should I have logged on my unclanned seanchan who has warrants just for walking through a city wearing purple clothes? I would have hoped my argument would stand on its own merits rather than based on this specific character and what you know of her. *shrug*

Apparently Elaine enjoys dressing up like Prince.

Meren

Postby Meren » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:13 am

Iniss wrote:
Meren wrote:Eol's idea suits me best by far. I love my torm, but I'm not enduring same-side bullshit to keep it.

Even as a compromise - I'd lose my QPs and take a blanket pardon. That's not cool, but I'd take it.

There was a time when same side was a very pivotal part of the atmosphere of the MUD. Hearing you guys whine about enduring your rp is giving me an aneurysm.

That time was fifteen years ago. Any examples of flourishing same side pk people like to use don't really apply. I didn't main a Seanchan for so long to same side. If you want to role play as a Seanchan down south, that's cool. If I want to role play leaving it all behind, due to fears of corruption within high command, that's cool.

Iniss

Postby Iniss » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:01 am

A large part of the MUD thrived off of same side pk 15 years ago. It really helped helped you put yourself into the atmosphere of the game. Now, if you same side someone as a Black Talon or Iron Fist you're blanket warranted across the globe because people can't handle dying and losing some pieces of infinite text equipment.

When you're speaking of role playing a seanchan down south, what are you gonna do if you won't step up to same side a bit with this new change? Spam narrates that everyone should serve the Crystal Throne while sitting on Seandar? You're just going to be seen as all bark and no bite and the real seanchan are going to step up and carry out the will of the Empress and kill some Oathies.

Iniss

Postby Iniss » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:05 am

You're basically telling me you're going to let some Sedai rent in Falme because you can't type k human anymore.

Meren

Postby Meren » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:14 am

No I'm telling you I'll be done with Falme. There won't be one set path we all must follow.

Enok

Postby Enok » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:18 am

Iniss wrote:A large part of the MUD thrived off of same side pk 15 years ago. It really helped helped you put yourself into the atmosphere of the game. Now, if you same side someone as a Black Talon or Iron Fist you're blanket warranted across the globe because people can't handle dying and losing some pieces of infinite text equipment.

I mean, if you're a trained, accomplished, killer and can't handle being chased by the law I think you're in the wrong business. Same side pk was great, for some, but let's not kid ourselves. Illian vs Tear was good rp. Gear returns and what in reality became qp-trading made it stupid. I think I killed the same defenders a few times/day at a point. Random gangs of MC's were fun but they played for all of a few days until they couldn't get away with farming rares from unaware people. Iron Fist had a 10 year carte blanche on killing grocers in Andor because the Queen's Guard just wasn't there (no one in their right mind would say that IF vs Andor was an even fight). Darkfriends were fun. I miss Bryan/Dovim. Some of the wars were good too.

It'd be interesting to see what seanchan would do if they can't get into clans. A small Lightside playerbase with a popular faction within it who is everyone's enemy? That's going to suck for a while.

Elysia

Postby Elysia » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:50 am

By the way, I can make it so a clanned Seanchan (of a certain rank, if you so desire) can make someone swear the Oaths. That person will then be Sworn, for lack of a better word, even though for some that will mean they will not get in the way of Seanchan (e.g. Gleemen, Illuminator, merchant types, to give you an idea) and for others it may mean they actively join the fight along your side.

By having mobol check someone's sworn status, I could, for example, let sworn be able to board the ships to Seandar, while the unsworn cannot use them and have to rely on the other ways humans can currently use to go to Seandar.

It's probably in your best interest if unsworn humans can enter Falme unhindered, so people can hang out there and perhaps get the interest to clan in one of the Seanchan clans. Wanteds would be attacked, whether they be (treacherous) Sworn or unsworn.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:23 pm

That is a neat concept Ely.
The ability to set based on sworn status, Seandar access.
I would also agree, falme should be open to all, not possessing an empire warrant.

Return to “The Seanchan Empire”