- The Nine Laws of Illian
- 1. The word of an Illian Companion of rank 5 or higher while within the legal boundaries of Illian shall be assumed to be backed in trust by the full authority of the Laurel Crown and Council of Nine and may enforce law at their discretion.
- 2. Citizens of Illian may request at anytime the protection of the Illian Companions when under duress from Shadowspawn, the Seanchan, or criminals of Illian. An Illian Companion may grant the citizen rights of asylum inside the City of Illian to include safe room privileges when necessary.
- 3. Hunting of any warranted person by a member of a Justice clan within the lands of Illian may be done without asking permission, Illian will not be a refuge for villainy. This permission may be revoked by an active Illian Companion if they choose to grant rights of asylum to the hunted inside the City of Illian.
- 4. Channeling the One Power is illegal within the City of Illian and violators will be fined up to 100 gold crowns for the offense. Multiple offenses may result in a warrant for the arrest of the woman in question.
- 5. Men who channel the One Power will be warranted without question. There is no form of appeal or clemency for any man who can channel.
- 6. Known associates of any man assumed to channel the One Power will be warranted without question or hesitation.
- 7. Any Criminal of Illian must submit to the King’s Justice in addition to any task or fine assigned when asking for a pardon for their crimes.
- 8. All enemies of the Laurel Crown will be warranted. There is no form of appeal or clemency for any person sworn into the service of a Nation at war with Illian. Current nations at war with Illian: Tear, Seanchan Empire.
- 9. Citizens of Tear and individuals that swear the oaths will be allowed within the boundaries of the nation of Illian only for the purposes of trade, any found to assist a Defender of Tear or member of the Seanchan Empire against an Illian Companion will have their rights of travel revoked and immediately warranted.
drafted by His Majesty Mattin Stepaneos den Balgar’s royal scribe and ratified by the Council of Nine this day, the ninth of Tammaz 1208
defined under law 3 an organization deemed a “Justice” clan is one of the following: The Lion Warden of Andor, The Cairhien Rising Sun, The Winged Guard of Mayene, The Wall Guard of Far Madding, The Red Eagles of Manetheren, The Sword and Hand of Bandar Eban, and the Valon Guard of Tar Valon. (including the organization known as the Thiefbane)