Advance warning: PK and smob contest, simultaneously, wknd of 26-28 Jul

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Elysia

Advance warning: PK and smob contest, simultaneously, wknd of 26-28 Jul

Post by Elysia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:17 pm

As the title says, I'll do a PK contest and a smob contest simultaneously.

Contestants will have to choose in which they will participate, with no double entries.

The winner will be able to choose from either heartstone spear, another available unique (if there is one) or a rare, including the craftable rares.

I'll post more details when the date approaches, but with knowing a date in advance, people can plan ahead.

Elysia

Re: Advance warning: PK and smob contest, simultaneously, wknd of 26-28 Jul

Post by Elysia » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:09 pm

A few hours before the normal boot tonight, I will flip the switch and reboot the game early, because boot time is mighty inconvenient for me.

This reboot will prompt bountyhunters to load in Falme, Amador, Four Kings, Fal Dara and Ruined Keep.

These bountyhunters will take "a bloody trophy", which will start loading on smobs after the reboot, including smobs on Jafar, Tremalking and IoMM.

These bloody trophy items will be no-rent, so the item can be used again in the future and they will load on most smobs. However, they will NOT load on the following smob types:
-cityheads, or smobs in cities aligned with said city. E.g. the Tallanvors, Blargs, Fidrags, Suroths, Omernas and so on in this world. I think the only city smobs that do load these is the Z*m*ra one and Lunal Galgan.
-CTF cityheads
-smobs with chests
-smob chains/chests
-animal smobs, with or without chests
-not on all brigand leaders, only the ones which are functioning as a smob. E.g. the one on Illian Road and the one in Rhahime.
-not on Aiel clan chiefs.

The bloody trophy will load in a container, or held by the smob, every repop.

The bountyhunters will also take pk scalps, however, these will not yield qps. You will have to make a choice: run for the pk contest and turn into the bountyhunter, or earn qps and turn into clerks.

For your pk scalps to be eligible, you will also have to post a log of your kill(s) in a thread I will create in Players Lounge. No log and the scalp won't count.

You can only enter one competition, so choose wisely.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:46 pm

The game just came up and the "bloody trophy" items are loaded on smobs, and the bountyhunters are in.

Happy smobbing/ pking!

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:32 pm

I'm going to put the cutoff time for the competition the midnight boot between today and tomorrow. Anything turned in before midnight will count, anything after it does not.

Please also post your pk log snippets here: viewtopic.php?f=74&p=90576#p90576 within 30 mins of boot starting. In case there's heavy pk pre-boot and people need some time to edit.

I will go through the turn in logs tomorrow and announce the winners then.