Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Draz

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Postby Draz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:12 am

Hey Adael,

There are some new(old) zone additions,

Do you think you'll be readding these?

I haven't actually redownloaded your map since you first posted!

I still can't figure out how to add to it or change things

Adael

Postby Adael » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Yeah, I'll try to post an update soon after I finish adding the Tear-Illian road.

Reyne

Postby Reyne » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:17 pm

I dunno why it took me so long to switch to using these, but THANK YOU. Been setting up Mudlet this morning.

The only thing I've been using on cmud up 'til now is some follow and map scripts, something to capture tells/chats in a separate window (yours is much more elegant), and a recolor. It's been a bit rough! Plus the cmud package manager likes to freeze and crash a lot.

Rajis

Postby Rajis » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:34 pm

I don't know if other people have had this problem, but the targeting aliases were not working. Quintilius and I were trying to figure it out. The problem was targetting.primary wasn't being set. Quintilius figured out that if you make them all targettingprimary then everything works as it should. Hope that can help everyone!

Adael

Postby Adael » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:12 am

Map has been updated. Includes any fixes for changed room descriptions that I've stumbled across (including the recent ones in the Westwood), and the Tear-Illian road addition.

Future updates will need include any more EF changes, and Falme/Seandar (at some point...someday, I say :P)

Adael

Postby Adael » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 am

Rajis wrote:I don't know if other people have had this problem, but the targeting aliases were not working. Quintilius and I were trying to figure it out. The problem was targetting.primary wasn't being set. Quintilius figured out that if you make them all targettingprimary then everything works as it should. Hope that can help everyone!
Hmmm, not sure why off the top of my head. My guess is it might have been because the table targetting was never initialized at some point to start with.

Added a short term fix, new script "On Connect Script" to initialize a few things at the start just in case. Will check more later figure out what I need to do to minimize the number of things people need to have downloaded for stuff to work :oops:

Return to “Help and Newbie Area”