Fear Inoculum

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Sarryn

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Sarryn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:21 am

It's new Tool and I love it. Been a big Tool fan since like late middle school. Always been my favorite band. This album is interesting. While it's great in its own right.. I still think there other work is better as of now. This one may grow and ascend the ranks....maybe it's just the epic wait. Slightly underwhelming, personally. And I say that in a utmost respect for them way.

It's an amazing album though. I bought the CD with the speaker and screen (tells you how much I love them right there, 40$ pfft) I'm totally happy with it. I think Maynard was very underutilized on this one. He doesn't flex much. And boy can he, my favorite singer by far. That being said other bandmates shine on brighter. As of now I'd say Invincible is my favorite. That part around like 9:35 just gets me amped.

Much respect to Tool 💪 Killing it now that the bandwagoning masses have finally "allowed" themselves to experience the greatness that is Tool. I'm a noob with adding photos, so I'll just say go look at the Maynard meme with the infinity gauntlet, da lulz. :twisted:

Brocas

Post by Brocas » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:07 pm

Saal

Post by Saal » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:02 am

A bit late to this, but I love this new album way too much, and have listened to it at this point maybe more than any other album ever. I've been trolling the r/ToolBand subreddit and it was a great sub right around the release of the album and for seeing all of the poster designs from the current tour.

Just wanted to throw out a recommendation I found on that sub:

Create a playlist with all of the songs in reverse order (I removed the transitions)

7empest
Chocolate Chip Trip
Culling Voices
Descending
Invincible
Pneuma
Fear Inoculum

They're calling it the Ascending playlist, and I personally think they're onto something, feels like more of a proper listening session.

I'm planning to see them in Vegas on Jan 17 or Austin on Jan 21 (more likely, my brother already has tickets), if anybody else is also going to either one, could try to meet for a beer or something. I've only been to about 5 concerts in my life, (the last a few years ago was Avenged Sevenfold.) To say I'm stoked is not even beginning to describe it.