Three Years of Trump

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
iria

Re: Three Years of Trump

Post by iria » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Jaster wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:50 pm
iria wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:07 pm
I mean it isn't really a fact if the sources cited are accurate or even somewhat accurate - they seemed to pretty much contradict a lot of the stuff that you posted he had done, or am I reading it wrong? Isn't really an opinion if the data shows that jobs aren't coming back from China etc etc.

Good for Mronz that the tax cuts helped him out and other people in his situation, but it seems weird that your ultra rich need more taxcuts, while your educational system and healthcare is pretty dung.

But I am likely pretty biased.
There is factual information to prove that the things I listed were done. Your example on the companies coming back to the country is another example of opinion. Reyne did not feel that 6% of the companies coming back to the us was enough to give it merit or credit. Any companies coming back counts for companies coming back. As for the tax cuts, it’s again your opinion or argument that because people who were wealthy also got a tax cut and our education system is hurting that it should not count that others tax cuts were not helping or done? The bottom line is tax cuts were made and they are helping people. A lot of people benefited from them. The governments hold on the education spending and programs is another item to tackle and not one I listed as a accomplishment. At the end for eh day we are well beyond our budget and taxation to provide all the services people have come to expect. I think the prime root of the problem is we are trying to rely solely on the government for things. That should not be their role. I don’t think all of our elected officials need the bankroll to have all the staffers and what have you to do their job(which the elected officials don’t do well anyways). Healthcare was another issue I did not cite as an accomplishment other than I can say we don’t have to pay a forced penalty $$ for not having healthcare. The VA is getting much needed attention to their systems and processes and I think veterans or those who care for veterans here can speak better on the subject than me. But from what I was informed through multiple veterans I know and relatives, it has been a much needed improvement than previous administrations.
Ah I get what you're saying now, the fact that 6% is coming back means a promise kept from the government, since they did say they'd bring back factories/companies to the US again, they perhaps overshot their estimations with how many jobs etc. it would bring or perhaps didn't state it at all. I dimly seem to recall Trump talking about hundred of thousands jobs coming back, but perhaps the 6% covers that or my memory is just wrong, has been a fair few years since his campaign and again I haven't really followed the US super closely in the past year or so, mainly just what they write in the Danish media.

The points about your healthcare/educational system was just some random examples that seemed to need more addressing than tax cuts, in my eyes. So twas just my attempt at trying to understand the line of thinking that values tax cuts over improvements that will in the long run improve your country and the lives of the average American Joe(most likely).

Benito

Post by Benito » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:19 pm

Jaster wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:50 pm
At the end for eh day we are well beyond our budget and taxation to provide all the services people have come to expect. I think the prime root of the problem is we are trying to rely solely on the government for things. That should not be their role.
Social welfare programs are a fraction of the budget. Besides that, most welfare is a symptom of the collapse in wages over the last 50 years (minimum wage peaked in 1969 if I remember right.) The problem with welfare is it subsidizes shitty companies for not compensating their workers properly.

Maegon

Post by Maegon » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:20 pm

So if I gave you $30, then explained that I drained the gas out of your car and sold it to obtain the $30, it's ok, because you got $30, right? Being happy about the current tax "cut" without considering other factors is laughably shortsighted, but exactly why this numbnuts will get elected again.

At least we can all agree that getting a blowjob is worse than Trump's repeated pattern of behavior inviting foreign governments to influence our elections.

aeogwyn

Post by aeogwyn » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:33 pm

Speaking of the Clinton Impeachment and smarts of Pelosi, here are Trump's thoughts in 2008.

https://twitter.com/wolfblitzer/status/ ... 9698596867

hasp

Post by hasp » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Davor wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:29 pm
hasp wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:45 pm
The Va is actually pretty decent overall. Deaths in the va are magnified because of whatever.

Wait times are actually shorter in the va then the outside usually.
Not sure where you are getting this information from. I can speak from Michigan and the wait times for many EP procedures is in the order of several months to go the one VA center that provides this specialized care. Most patients end up not waiting this time because they get approval for community care (private physicians) which is what the extra funding is being called for.

The VA system does have some fascinating nuances - some of which work amazing and better than privatized medicine some of which are just down right stupid. Unfortunately I believe the latter may have some predominance.
From being a vet and working there. We can see the wait times of all VAs and the outsourcing areas. While there are exceptions the majority of specialties are faster to get in. If will take upwards of a month to even get the Office of Community Care to contact the vet, find who they prefer, then can be longer to try and get them in the system if they are not. Then usually upwards of 1-3 months depending on specialty.

While all of our vets in our VISN make it in within a month with exceptions depending on the time. Haven’t seen numbers everywhere but the numbers show overall theVA is faster and much faster when it comes to mental health.

Mronz

Post by Mronz » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:49 pm

Enok, thanks for the additional detail. Very interesting.
Is your country at a flat 26%, regardless of income, or is it tiered?

But, as you described, it sounds like a lot of the needed funds, to pay for all those low interest rates, attending school payments, etc, is collected by equally taxing everyone, regardless of income, on things such as gas, restaurants, etc?

I've always liked the idea of not taxing people higher, just because they are more successful, but instead, upping things like sales tax, gas tax, etc, so everyone has the opertunity to pay taxes, based on their spending or transportation choices.

Davor

Post by Davor » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:04 pm

hasp wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:20 pm
Davor wrote:
hasp wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:45 pm
The Va is actually pretty decent overall. Deaths in the va are magnified because of whatever.

Wait times are actually shorter in the va then the outside usually.
Not sure where you are getting this information from. I can speak from Michigan and the wait times for many EP procedures is in the order of several months to go the one VA center that provides this specialized care. Most patients end up not waiting this time because they get approval for community care (private physicians) which is what the extra funding is being called for.

The VA system does have some fascinating nuances - some of which work amazing and better than privatized medicine some of which are just down right stupid. Unfortunately I believe the latter may have some predominance.
From being a vet and working there. We can see the wait times of all VAs and the outsourcing areas. While there are exceptions the majority of specialties are faster to get in. If will take upwards of a month to even get the Office of Community Care to contact the vet, find who they prefer, then can be longer to try and get them in the system if they are not. Then usually upwards of 1-3 months depending on specialty.

While all of our vets in our VISN make it in within a month with exceptions depending on the time. Haven’t seen numbers everywhere but the numbers show overall theVA is faster and much faster when it comes to mental health.
Agreed and like I said, some things done by the VA are exemplary but just so many walls and waste I see. I guess no perfect system exists. Glad you’re happy with your care. Most of the ones I see are but most are also very frustrated by certain aspects.

Enok

Post by Enok » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:25 am

Mronz wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:49 pm
Enok, thanks for the additional detail. Very interesting.
Is your country at a flat 26%, regardless of income, or is it tiered?

But, as you described, it sounds like a lot of the needed funds, to pay for all those low interest rates, attending school payments, etc, is collected by equally taxing everyone, regardless of income, on things such as gas, restaurants, etc?

I've always liked the idea of not taxing people higher, just because they are more successful, but instead, upping things like sales tax, gas tax, etc, so everyone has the opertunity to pay taxes, based on their spending or transportation choices.
Tiered tax for sure. Big earners pay a lot of taxes.

Interest rates are all market driven. Nothing is subsidized.

byrg

Post by byrg » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:50 am

Давным-давно
Там была гигантская лама
Он ел руки людей
а потом они умерли.
БОЙСЯ ЛАМАМАМ ... со шляпами

hasp

Post by hasp » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:58 pm

Davor wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:04 pm
hasp wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:20 pm
Davor wrote:

Agreed and like I said, some things done by the VA are exemplary but just so many walls and waste I see. I guess no perfect system exists. Glad you’re happy with your care. Most of the ones I see are but most are also very frustrated by certain aspects.
That is correct but that’s really any medical care. We have so many going out then coming back like “No thank you” haha